What's new

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hello everyone. I got a chance to try out and show some new lines from VG and decided to try out his sativa hybrids. As the title states this will be VG's lemon thai s1 and his amnesia cut with the same reversed LT pollen I believe. While I'm not personally familiar with either line I understand them to be fairly stable and phenos to be more alike that not but we'll see how that plays out. Hopefully Verdant Green will jump in here and give us a little background on the provenance of his moms and pollen donor when he gets a chance. I have 4 (fems) seeds of each cross which I will grow staggered but close enough that I can compare side by side. The original goal was to pop all 8 but my current grow had other plans of its own. I will let these veg about 8 weeks if I can and then flip them to flower in 1-2 gal containers (depending how vigorous they are). My soil is an organic mix of homemade compost, castings, recycled soil...nothing special but let's me get away with smaller containers and usually healthy plants.

So let's get to it then. First up: Amnesia x Lemon Thai. I soaked the seeds for about 12 hours in water followed by paper towel under moist heat over night and 3 of the 4 split and popped the tap root. I transferred all 4 to cups under humidity domes and 36 hours later I had 4 seedlings. Below are some picks of the initial stages with more to come...stay tuned.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220110_201608.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.3 KB ID:	18047771
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220112_080429.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	18047772
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220118_093818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	18047773

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jahaze that looks like a great start!

You are right the same LT plant is the pollen donor, i have run it a few times now and it smells like straight 'harsh' lemon cleaner ! it is also surprisingly reluctant to produce male flowers and pollen... so the seed batches were quite small and i need to do it all again. I'll try and edit some pics and links into this post when i get a minute. The seeds were from Bodhi's limited 'indica pheno F3' release and originally the LT line was from Dutch Flowers.
The amnesia cut i have is referred to as the Hypro / coffeeshop cut but i think in the UK there may be some confusion as to which cut is which. Mine is the one with the unmistakable Lemon/menthol smell, so i figured it would pair well with the LT

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Not much to report on but the seedlings are getting used to the cooler temps my room suffers from this time if year and developing as expected. I will move them under direct light and into a spot where they get some moving air from the fans to harden them up. once they mature enough to train, I will top and take cuttings for clones. The plan is let them veg for about 8 weeks then flower but we shall see if they acclimate quick enough to temps and start spreading. Next up will be the Lemon Thai s1 that I will start in the next 2 weeks if all goes well. Anyhow, here are the seedlings before they are moved to the hot spot in the veg room...not much to see but figured its good to document.
20220125_130257.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi VG, that LT gal looks super resinous. Was it grown natural in the photo you posted or trained? I'm wondering what the node spacing is like (can't make out cuz she looks leafy) as well the branching. How does the Amnesia cut you have play out with node distance and branching? You mentioned the LT s1's may throw the odd variation to an otherwise stable line due to the plants Bodhi used to create the seeds (F3s) you selected your cut from so maybe we will see something completely different than I am imagining. Anyhow, I am getting excited to see how these plays out and compare to the S1s structurally. If you get a chance or have an older pic of the Amnesia cut would you kindly post it here as a reference. Thanks VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jahaze , the first 2 pics with lighter leaves are the seed plant un-topped.. grown in a small pot. second two with darke leaves the top was bent over during stretch due to lack of height lol. fairly vigorous but not that stretchy.. branches well. Amnesia cut is a bit more stretchy and more 'sativa' structure but with dense buds.. the cross likely will be more stretchy than the S1s .
The LTs... i chatted to Bodhi about them a couple of times over the years, he was cool with me making S1s but i waited a long time in the hope he would make more seeds himself... he said that the F2s were 'all over the place' and mentioned autoflowering males ... ive had five plants off the Bodhi F3s, all girls, some a bit more narrow leaf than the one above, and i think one or two produced male flowers. (this may be why he made a narrow selection of the indica pheno, and he said he found 2 stable males to pollinate iirc
will dig out and post a few pics of the amnesia at some point. possibly some pics in the Chemnesia thread.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thank you for the info VG. The chemnesia cross looks really nice and frosty and the Amnesia side seems to come through in taste and effect so I'm excited. Today I checked on the progress and two of the four plants have started to pull away from the other two. The smaller less developed plant was the one that opened last and broke ground last so I will wait a bit longer before I consider culling. They are #1-4 from left to right and plants #2,#4 are a bit more vigorous than the others. Plant #3 is the slow poke but I won't count her out yet. They have been placed under full light so we should see greater development by the next post.

20220129_160916.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi, they look nice, hopefully the smaller ones will develop well under the stronger light.

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hello VG, so a little update is in order. The plants were in a veg room that had a blurple light that died on me last week. I replaced it with the same light I have in my flower room which are spider farmer sf1000's. I set the lights exactly 24 inches above the girls and have the intensity at 80% of max. I also up potted the plants sooner than I planned to give them the best chance under the increased demands theses lights tend to place on plants. Within a couple days I see what looks like a mag deficiency (a couple of rust spots) but overall they are adapting. I plan pushing intensity to 90% this weekend which will be the 1st full week under the new lights and then next week bump it up to max. I really hate changing light sources during a grow but the old panel crapped out...really my fault for not paying attention as they were showing signs of failure. I will probably top them after this week since they are showing their 5th node (except the tiny one) and i want to see how they react. The plants are in half gal containers and I am really hoping the little one pulls through as I know the LT pollen is scarce. Speaking of Lemon Thai, the s1 seeds will be sprouted next week and those should have an advantage coming up under the new lights. I will post pics over the weekend when I have a bit more time.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Here are the pics as promised. From left to right are 1-4 and you see plant 3 really falling behind the other in terms of development. The good news she finally started to show signs of growth in last couple of days so there is still hope for her. Her roots development has also been retarded when comparing to the others. Plants 2,4 show the most growth and roots already poking out the bottom after just 3 days in the new pots. Since I want to flower all plants at the same time I'm considering some training for the two most vigorous growers to give the others time to catch up. I have been thinking of some bastardized mainlining where I end up with between 4-6 main colas just so they do ok in the smaller containers they will inhabit while flowering. They will be in 1gal containers for the test run and any keepers will get a bigger pot going forward. Anyway, plants 2, 4 are on their 5th node of growth and the plan is to wait until the 6th node before I start mutilating them and training. Plant 1 may just get some LST while plant 3 catches. This plan i believe will help push these to week 8 in veg and stay manageable before the flip.

All 4 plants:
20220207_121320.jpg

Side view, you see #3 up front is smaller but is developing so I'll keep watching:
20220207_121255.jpg

The two larger gals that will get some aggressive training:

20220206_162903.jpg

ps...notice the lower leaves have some spots that developed after i switch from blurple to QBs. I have been misting them with epsom salt water solution and mild soil drench with same. Looks to have stopped the progression...fingers crossed.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they are looking good and healthy! like you say, number 3 is small but definitely looking better than before.

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
ok so its been almost 2 weeks and the plants are on week 6 above ground. The smallest of them #3 finally decided to get her act together when she saw the scissors nearby. they have all been topped and training on the fastest #2, #4 has been more aggressive with more to follow after the pics were taken. my two goals were take them to week 8 in veg and have at least 4 main colas to judge growth, flower set and spacing. Also a good way to manage stretch if they turn out to be leggy. the soil mix is very lean on nutrients on purpose just to see how they do which has been the right call since they are actively growing and staying green. I topped dress with ewc and worked into soil a couple days ago. once they are ready to go into flower, I will put them in 1gal containers with my recycled amended soil and see how they react. I typically up pot and keep them in veg an additional week to acclimate before changing photo period. here they are before their next cutting. l-r= 1,2,3,4

20220220_101045.jpg
20220220_101104.jpg
20220220_101145.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Next up Lemon Thai s1. Started the soak in plain h2o, damp paper towel on warming mat. 2 split after 4 days and the last of them after 7 days. seeds were much bigger than the Amnesia xLT. I got a bit nervous when they didn't open immediately since the AmnxLt were above ground like 5 days. it has taken a total of 10 days for the last of the 4 seeds to break ground but we do have lift off so on with the show. I will follow same method as the Amn x LT for these. not much to see but want to document as much as I can. Im not sure but I may be one of the 1st to grow these out so hope I do them justice. from l-r= 1,2,3,4 in the order they opened and were planted.

20220210_115315.jpg
20220220_101205.jpg
20220220_101240.jpg
20220220_101219.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Stuff Jahaze - yes you are the only person to be growing either of these as yet. Glad the LT came good.. imo they can be a bit slower when the seeds are fresh and there were some LARGE beans for sure!
Training / topping on the cross looking good.
VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT...here we are at week 6. in a previous post I said there were already at week 6 but looking at my notes the 6th week is tomorrow. plant 3 will be left as is to start flower with plant #1. Plants #2,#4 are already growing out their 4 shoots that will become colas so they will go into flower before the others. I think within the next 2 weeks they will start flower cycle. I will transfer to bigger containers this week . Plant #4 has the thinnest leaves otherwise they look similar. Plant #1 didn't like getting cut back and stalled just a bit but looks like it will be just fine in the long run.
20220224_152842.jpg

20220224_103136.jpg

L -R =Plants #1, #3
20220224_155218.jpg

L-R =plants #2, #4

20220224_153020.jpg

Attachments

• 20220224_103136.jpg
    20220224_103136.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 132