What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very nice... I'm pleased these have all been quite solid.. was a bit of an unknown quantity what we would find in these. Nice to see a bit of variation. i expected more variation but we may find some when more are grown out..
I took down a LT plant that definitely had some S1s in it a few days ago.. so there should be some to send to the bay very soon...

Hey @Jahaze are you smoking much of the Ammi x LT cross yet or are they still curing ? how long do you like to leave them in the jar before you feel you are properly road-testing them?

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hey @Jahaze are you smoking much of the Ammi x LT cross yet or are they still curing ? how long do you like to leave them in the jar before you feel you are properly road-testing them?
Hello VG...yeah man I have tried to hold off till they have at least 6 weeks before I give an honest assessment but I have smoked all 4 amni crosses and shared some with some friends and they have all been a hit. I will likely give the report in the next week or so. I will say I am having a tough time determining which 2 to re run before selecting just one as a keeper because they are all very smokable and all satisfy that head high I seek. There is some variation in taste and effect so running the 4 really helped in developing a better idea of what the line can offer. I haven't tried any of the s1 yet but I am confident it will produce a bit more variation than in the amni cross but we'll see once they come down. Of the amni cross 3 were more similar than not and 1 has a very different taste/smoke.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
This is the LTs1#2 plant harvested at just over 9 weeks on day 65. I did not run these as well as the amni cross partly due to not adjusting to her quick enough and partly because my summers are very hot and humid and throws me off. I hope to construct an air conditioned room in the near future but till then my plants will be a little mistreated. I have feed this plant only water last 3 weeks and last 2 times have been pouring 2 gallons and letting runoff drain away. She looks a bit wilted from the watering and she ate through most her large fan leaves early on. The heat in the room may have forced the beginning of some foxtailing and the deep watering forced some new growth. Trichs are mostly cloudy with some amber and few clear heads. Smell started to fade last couple days and I'm getting a soft spice/floral nose with a touch of muskiness. The lemony fuel has faded leaving just a mild fuel like scent that is more rounded and not as strong. Here are the pics before the chop.

20220707_190422.jpg
20220707_190729.jpg
20220707_190706.jpg
20220707_190442.jpg
20220707_190540.jpg
20220707_190320.jpg
20220707_190220.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great @Jahaze ! - i think you have done a good job with these.. the LT is quite a messy plant and you seem to have tamed it well and got some nice dense looking buds from it..
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also... and i ask this because you seem to have a good handle on it and are good at explaining...
going back to the curing.. how do you feel that the high changes and improves after 6 weeks in the Jar ? (talking in a general sense rather than specifically about the Ammi/LT

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Also... and i ask this because you seem to have a good handle on it and are good at explaining...
going back to the curing.. how do you feel that the high changes and improves after 6 weeks in the Jar ? (talking in a general sense rather than specifically about the Ammi/LT

hi VG. Personally, I feel the first 3 weeks after buds are dry enough to store/cure there is a great deal of volatile terps burning off which may affect the effect I feel smoking. Generally speaking most buds smell a certain way immediately after you cut and dry them enough to smoke as opposed to 3 month cured bud of the same plant. I tend to find a high incidence of speedy effects initially even with "indica" varietals that disappears with a cure. On more than one occasion I have been excited a particular new plant has an up & heady effect initially only to later be disappointed it has turned somewhat heavier and stony. One reason I tend to harvest with mostly cloudy trichs with some amber and clear is so I can kind of start with a sort of base line and make a better decision for me as the buds cure into their "true" nature for me to smoke. Obviously everyone has a preference in their herb and may find they like more amber before the chop to get that stronger hit initially but I find I dont really like that type of maturity in my buds after 3-6 months of curing. Also, since my grows are not intended for commercial purposes, I can get away with longer cures that fit my tastes better without the rushing them out the door. At about the 6 week mark I can generally say with some confidence that if I like the smoke at that point I will like it after prolonged storage in a jar. I am currently smoking some plants from oct/nov of last year and really like to nuanced high some of them develop with the longer cure. I like the NLD stuff for this reason as they do better than WLD with my storing habits.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Jahaze that's a nice, succinct description !
I pretty much feel the same way, and i think some varieties benefit more from curing than others. I like to keep everything for a week or two in the jar at least... some varieties like Bubba i quite like when they are pretty fresh after a couple of weeks.. but then bubba kind of looks ready at 5 weeks so maybe some of the 'curing' is done on the plant... and the way i grow in smaller pots usualy means my plants have faded out quite dramatically by the end, which possibly replaces some of the need for long cure? not sure. Chems are usually better after a longer cure..
i am quite active and getting old so usually have some aches and pains by the end of the day - so i do like a good bodystone.. but i also like a bit of 'heady' high (but not the speedy headachy effect you get with underripe buds) so that may be why i like heavy indicas with a short cure.
As you imply the curing is probably more important with narrow leaf varieties. i have quitea few different jars and some get overlooked for a while and then i find them and sometimes they are a bit tasteless and heavy... whilst others are amazing and have definitely improved.

It will be interesting how you feel about the PTG, because pinene is pretty volatile and fades early.. but it is also proven to increase concentration and memory function... so you may like those buds younger, - it will be interesting what you think of them after a cure too

one last question.. do you 'burp' the jars often as you cure.. or just leave them alone ?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
one last question.. do you 'burp' the jars often as you cure.. or just leave them alone ?
yes, once dry enough to jar, I will burp them a couple times. The first burp I wait about 3 days or so and they usually sweat enough for me to leave the jar open overnight. I'll close and check again a couple days and so on till I feel they won't rot from too much moisture. this is more critical during the summer months due to high ambient humidity where I live. Fall and winters are drier and require less sweating since they can dry out quickly. If I plan to long cure them I add a small humidity pack for the long haul.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
You all remember that mutated runt from post #24? check her out now...going on week 10 and getting ready for harvest in the next week or so. Resin grands still show a lot or clear heads but is ripening quickly and I'm checking every couple days.

Lemon Thai s1 plant#4

20220710_123415.jpg
20220710_123303.jpg
20220710_123315.jpg
20220710_123331.jpg
20220710_123501.jpg
20220710_123448.jpg
20220710_123436.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
this is the second plants harvested from the LTs1 run. This is plant#1 and suffered the most from poor nutrition early on then looks like some lock out after I tried to ammend the top soil. This plant was very resinous early on and while she still has very good coverage I think it suffered due to my negligence early on. To make matters worse I put her directly under a lower hanging light for about 3 weeks while I moved thing around in my cramped room pushing her a bit hard. All things considered, she did not throw any nanners or show any other signs of stress other than in the leaves and possibly resin production. She was harvested on day 71.

20220712_131401.jpg
20220712_131456.jpg
20220712_131512.jpg
20220712_131659.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Plant #3. this is the last of the LT s1 gals still in flower along with#4. Plant #3 has continued to put on bulk along with the #3 plant and so I have decided to let them go a bit longer. I will say that all of the LT s1 plant relative to the amni cross have gone a bit longer but that maybe due to my poor handling early on or perhaps a recombination of the plants in the s1 producing some slight differences in phenos. Also, generally speaking the amni cross may also been a bit chunkier but I really can't say that with certainly since these ran harder than the amni cross when my temps were cooler and plants better maintained. Still both the #3,#4 seemed to recover well towards the end so it would seem they are perfectly stable.

plant #3
20220712_131023.jpg
20220712_131054.jpg
20220712_131128.jpg
20220712_131222.jpg
20220712_131149.jpg
20220712_131309.jpg

* amnesia x LT smoke report to follow for the 4 plants harvested.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great, glad they came through the 'stress tests' ok- i was worried about intersex traits but it looks like this lady i selfed is rock solid !. i have run 5 LT girls so far (4 of them were a few years ago) and 2 of those threw nanners halfway through flower and not finished.. so it is great and quite lucky this was a solid one.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hello everyone here is my Verdant Green Seeds - Amnesia x LT grow results. This is the amnesia coffee shop cut clone dusted with Bohdi’s rework of DF Lemon Thai bred to F3. The pollen came from a stable reversed selection by Verdant Green…please correct me if I am wrong. I have been smoking the harvested plants in all phases of their cure starting from just dried to 3 weeks of cure and finally 6 weeks of cure which I feel lets me personally appreciate what the plant is really like after those early terps burn off. With the exception of plant#1 (5 weeks) these are all just over 6 weeks post harvest and were slow dried and jarred with humidity packs and burped as needed. I will give my assessment of each and then my best general impression of the line given the small number of plants I grew. The smoke sessions were done with 2 joints each of approximately 1 gram each, weighed and rolled with a machine to keep them consistent. The first joint I dry pulled, smelled, and smoked about 5 pulls and then extinguished for notes. I timed my initial smoke for effect and the remaining joint was consumed with me taking notes every time I lit up. The 2nd joint was smoked the following day to compare general notes of previous day but was consumed to assess overall pleasure of smoke, quality and subjective observations. I would take a day off and then go on to the next plant. The impressions that follow are taken from my notes and some were rambling ideas that would pop up and I would write down.

Plant#1

Peanut, menthol, minty alcohol and creamy. Tingles the nose on exhale. Smooth smoke has light lemon taste while smoking but no lemon on bud or during dry pull. Good energy not as speedy as #2. The soft perfumed musky smell washes out the peanut scent in the smoke but it’s present and hangs in the air in a nice mix. Mood enhancer and makes me happy. Nice ramp up with warm spice and floral notes half way through. Zero anxiety with a calm energy. Has long lasting high of good quality. This one tastes like it might be more amnesia based on the peanut thing VG has mentioned before. BTW, the peanut is not really a strong peanut butter type smell but it’s the first thing that comes to mind when you taste it. It is not fleeting as the taste lingers till the end and is quite interesting.

Plant#2

Lemony, herbal, minty. Fast onset with mild pressure on the temple. Very good energy almost instant effect but a touch racy and had me pacing about after every hit. Leaves a soft musk smell after burning. Peaks about 20 mins but still has good energy but mellows and notice soft buzzing in back of legs. Clear head. Makes me feel off balance either standing or sitting as it develops a pulsing effect after the peak. This plant changed the most during the flowering stage with smells of bubblegum, sandalwood notes in mid flower but then smelled just like plants #1, #3 at harvest time.

Plant#3

Dry pull was smooth citrusy taste but no lemon. Very resinous bud and the joint would quickly seal the end forcing me to bite off occasionally. Taste is a bit hashy after being lit and has a floral, soap and lemon taste on the exhale. Taste a bit astringent and not sweet but the taste was very good. The effect was fuller with this one as I felt more body stone. Effect has some energy but the head high feels thicker and heavy. The ramp up is very strong and it gets racy making me get up and walk or pace. Can feel heart thumping and I feel restless and anxious. Enhanced hearing and senses goes great with music. Commercially minded person would choose this one.

Plant# 4

Lemony, very lemony. Smoke is starts off acrid almost like crushed aspirin in the dry pull but turns lemony menthol/mint and creamy when she burns. Tingles the nose on exhale. Smooth easy ramp up. Very, very clear high, colors are vibrant with clean lines around objects. It feels like my eyeballs were cleaned with Windex and gives a mild psychoactive trippy quality. It enhances the senses like sight and hearing. Excellent mouth feel as I get lemony coating on the palate. After 15 mins the peak passes and then the effect feels heavier relative to the beginning but it’s not..it is that the 1st part is ultra clear.. Peaks early leaving me high but the trippy effect fades quickly. The effect feels like it has worn off but hours later I’m forgetting things, there is a sense of confusion as my thoughts are running wild bouncing from topic to topic. Heightened mental activity was highest with this one. Plant had the strongest lemon smell throughout flower with a slight fade after week 8 and I harvested earlier because I wanted to preserve the smell. This plant has continued to increased potency after harvest. This one approximates the thai vibe in effect and taste.

I have chosen to keep #1, #4 to explore further based on overall effect. In running this line I was looking for heady plants that had as little body as possible. Plant# 4 has the type of high I like but I think I may have taken too early so Ill run again. Plant #2 has the speedy thing going and not as tasty as #1 plus makes me super hungry. Plant #3 was by far the strongest plant (perceived) and if I were looking for a balanced hybrid effect his is the plant I would have kept. Has very good taste, effect and was long lasting with some body effect people may want. Plant #1 was the best is every regard which surprised me because I was certain it was going in the compost pile. The plant didn’t like when I pruned her heavily and stalled. She stayed shorter but was nice and chunky at the end. Smell was nothing out of this world special while on the plant either. However, the taste is different; the high has great vibe for me and has excellent mood enhancement with decent longevity and a soft landing leaving me feeling refreshed. This would be the plant I’d keep if I can only have one or to breed with.

Overall these plants have a heady type high with some producing a bit of a body effect and one plant having a more balanced hybrid effect. They were all lemony in either flower or during the smoke lending to the heady and up effect initially. They all had good energy and I would say these are good for wake and bake and day smoke with all but #4 allowing you to smoke even in early evening. All plants were the seed moms and done on or before 10 weeks or so. I’m sure a rooted clone would finish proper in the 9 week time frame. In term of potency everyone is different but these ‘sativa’ leaning hybrids are medium to medium high in potency depending on what you are looking for. These all got me very high while allowing me to function and were not couch locking even for the heavier one. I shared all of these with friends recently and they all tolerated them very well although plant #3 consistently threw a few people for a loop due to its strong ramp up and racy nature. These are an excellent choice for people looking for that heady effect with good energy in a plant that flowers around 9 weeks or so. Also a good candidate for those that have a favorite long flowering ‘sativa’ type plant and want to shorten flowering time without sacrificing taste and effect as these line up well in that regard.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow @Jahaze thats a fantastic and detailed rundown, thanks so much !

A few initial thoughts, i'm gonna have to read it again not stoned lol, but like you say Plant 1 sounds like a dead ringer for the amnesia clone.. the 'peanut' thing is unique to the ammi ime and afaik and the high sounds spot on. The ammi has been around for yonks and was always popular in the coffee shops in holland.. because its a 9 week cut that smokes more like a 12 week style sativa. I wasn't sure how it would breed and allegedly its a SSH pheno idk but against an ibl in LT we are getting ammi phenos and thats good.
Plant 4 sounds like LT, more like a LT plant i grew some years back that had one of the clearest highs ive ever experienced, close to pure thai for sure.. one of the more unusual smokes ive had.. so clear you could almost think you weren't high at times but you sure af were lol.
and the variation shown in the other two is encouraging...

ive made a few more seeds of this cross so there should be a decent batch in all. I also made more LT S1s and some White Rhine x LT fem seeds.

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks VG. These amnesia x LT were relatively easy to grow and were quick to show displeasure when under fed but also quick to correct so not difficult to get good results which is a big plus. I have a feeling the #1 plant will grow out taller nextvtime around and i should be able to pull an earlier harvest. The #4 plant I will try and dial in better because if the clean clear high stays with a longer harvest window I may have something I can use with other plants to preserve that effect.

Question for you VG. How does your pollen donor LT plant smoke? Effect wise. I still have 4 s1 starting to finish so I'll have an idea but just curious if the #4 is similar to your reversed mother.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Question for you VG. How does your pollen donor LT plant smoke? Effect wise. I still have 4 s1 starting to finish so I'll have an idea but just curious if the #4 is similar to your reversed mother.

The LT mother/pollen donor smokes like a fairly typical LT i would say...(noting that i am just talking about bhodi's 'Indica pheno release). Clear energetic, soaring, long lasting high that gets more mellow in the mid and on the tail. What i would say though is that it isn't the most energetic/clear high that i have experienced with the LT and your no. 4 plant sounds a bit more like the 2 plants i grew years ago, which were possibly clearer and more energetic (but not speedy like durban or power plant... ) so it looks like it is throwing plants typical of the genotype and not just exactly like that phenotype, which is good.
(that said, it could be the ammi influence as well.. but i doubt it )
VG

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Lemon Thai s1 plant #4 @ day 74.
She got the axe on day 74. I tried to just water so she could fade a bit more but after evey deep water she would throw some new growth. The plant is done however with mostly cloudy heads and a few amber...didn't see any clear heads in top 1/2 of the colas. That leaves just one plant, #3 which is almost finished but will go past 11 weeks.

20220716_201253.jpg
20220716_201410.jpg
20220716_201547.jpg
20220716_201218.jpg
20220716_201141.jpg
20220716_201035.jpg
20220716_075828.jpg