What's new

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
thanks Shmavis...so here are the lemon thai s1's a bit over a week later. the last seed to open and come up is having a bit of a rough go initially. I had to help shed its shell as it was stuck on there pretty good. it started to get slimey so after removed it I whiped with some diluted peroxide and water. it has survived but growth is certainly retarded relative the others. below are pics of the LT #1-4 from left > right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220301_164204.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	18087041
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220301_164222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	18087040
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220301_164204.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	18087041

ps, the Amnesia x LT plants #2,4 have been put in 1 gal containers and I tied down the 4 main colas to even out growth before they head to flower next week. After the stretch I will up pot them a last time in a 2 or 3 gal container depending on their growth. so far they are looking healthy and have responded well to aggressive training so they seem resilient. I will get pictures up in next couple days.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i agree with shmavis, they(the Ammi x LT) look very happy! nice formative training... how many nodes do you top at ? i've been trying 4 branch plants recently and its quite versatile ...
good start with the LT S1... fingers crossed for the small one but i guess it may be a runt .

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi VG, yes the plants seem to like the soil mix which I purposely made lean since I didn't know what to expect. I have been adding ewc top dress once a week for last 2 weeks and still doing ok. I topped theses at the 3rd node originally and then started the training which they have responded to favorably...except plant #1 which stalled a bit. The plan is to grow 4 main tops per plant this cycle and anything that makes it another round will probably be grown much bigger with 8 tops. They are coming on week 7 this weekend and next week they go to flower. Well at least plants #2,#4 will be flipped. The funny thing is that plant#3 was slow initially but has surpassed plant#1. Anyhow, here are the up potted plants #2,#4 in their new home until they stop stretching. #2 on left #4 right

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_180037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	18088115
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_180037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	18088115

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Lemon Thai s1.

the seedlings are coming along except for #4 that is a runt and has some leaf mutations. Im going to give them a dose of mild ewc tea and top dress before they go into bigger containers next week. I have not decided if i should let #4 continue or cull it.. She has shown some growth but this was the seed that I had to help open and took a while to break ground. what do you guys think, keep it or cull it? Anyhow here they are:

20220308_141051.jpg
20220308_140930.jpg
20220308_141011.jpg

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Always a tough call. I am usually not one to cull, if I have the space. But the difference is significant. Might not be worth the time, effort and space. However, I am reminded of how happy I was that I didn't give up on one of VG's C4DD seedlings that I dubbed 'Runt' because not only did the smoke end up worthy but she also surprisingly ended up the tallest girl. ;)

The others are looking great!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Always a tough call. I am usually not one to cull, if I have the space. But the difference is significant. Might not be worth the time, effort and space. However, I am reminded of how happy I was that I didn't give up on one of VG's C4DD seedlings that I dubbed 'Runt' because not only did the smoke end up worthy but she also surprisingly ended up the tallest girl. ;)

The others are looking great!

thanks Shmavis. space is a bit tight but I can certainly keep it and hope it finds a way to start growing soon. I almost took it out today but will give it another week. she is growing though so we will see how it goes.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #1

this is the plant that didn't appreciate the aggressive training and slowed way down compared to the others. she is still growing and looks like her vigor is back. this plant had the least developed root mass of the bunch and drinks much slower than her sisters sometimes missing a watering when her sisters are completely dry.

20220310_125652.jpg
20220310_125709.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #2

Very aggressive growth. doesn't matter what I do to her she powers through...robust and healthy. leaves a bit wider than the others. she will be going into flower right at the week 8 mark just like plant #4.

20220310_125726.jpg
20220310_125740.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #3

this was the runt but she has something to prove as it has bounced back and surpassed #1. She did not get the full manifold training because she had lagged but now aggressaggressively growing. I just up potted to gal container yesterday and I have a feeling she will go in with the other two leaving the #1 plant behind. She also has narrower leaves similar to plant #4. I like the node distance as well.

20220310_125757.jpg
20220310_125812.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #4

this my favorite plant of the bunch. Fast vigorous growth, didn't mind training, and has nice node distance. This one is the one that will stretch the most (along with#3) i believe.

20220310_125855.jpg
20220310_125919.jpg

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Really hard to pick from the pics as they all look fabulous but there is something about those narrower leaves on #3… and maybe I’m a bit of a sucker for the underdog coming from behind. :)

Great stuff! :good:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Really hard to pick from the pics as they all look fabulous but there is something about those narrower leaves on #3… and maybe I’m a bit of a sucker for the underdog coming from behind. :)

Great stuff! :good:

yeah I agree #3 has a special look to her. she and #4 have more in common than the other two.

plants #2, #4 going into flower today at 8 weeks since breaking ground. I measured their height to see what kind of stretch we get with these.

plant #2
20220315_133128.jpg

plant#4
20220315_132140.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey i'm just back after a week away, too many great pics to take in so i'll be back in the morning after a good night's sleep and 2 cups of tea (in that order)

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lemon Thai s1.

the seedlings are coming along except for #4 that is a runt and has some leaf mutations. Im going to give them a dose of mild ewc tea and top dress before they go into bigger containers next week. I have not decided if i should let #4 continue or cull it.. She has shown some growth but this was the seed that I had to help open and took a while to break ground. what do you guys think, keep it or cull it? Anyhow here they are:

hi again, the S1s are coming on well.. always a tough call with a runt.. it is reasonable to thing that there is likely to be the odd runt with S1s and the seed casing problems point to that... how is the root mass ? that usually tells the story but it is often hard to compare when they are lagging behind in size. I find often the problem in keeping runts is if they end up being really great smoke and then it's even harder to get rid of them lol.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the Amnesia x LT - They all look great. Really interesting that the runt has overtaken another plant and powered through. The small one now looks lovely but the lower root mass usually means that it won't be as vigorous all the way through to the end.. may be good to smoke though. Have you given it the same feeding schedule? i often find that the slower rooting plants cannot take richer nutrients and get burnt when slows them down even more (this happened to the two slower plants in my 'Zhuzh' test run) but your plant 1 looks pretty much as happy as the others (maybe the leaves aren't presenting quite as well to the light as the plants ? but the difference is slight and maybe just the angle.
all in all a nice happy healthy looking bunch!

VG:tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
welcome back VG. yeah I'm not sure why she slowed down. my only guess is that it just took her longer to recover from damage than her sisters. the other possibility is the she hit a nutrient rich zone after the transplant and underwent some shock. Plant#1 was not given anything after the transplant except h2o. I recently checked the roots and they showed increased growth on her so I think she's on the right track again. I'll snap some picks soon and show her progress. I think plant #3 is flipping in the next couple days leaving plant#1 last to flower. I'll wait until she is showing meaningful growth before the switch. The other 2 already in flower responded immediately to the switch. I saw noticeable growth in just 24 hours after they went in. the #4 is taking off man...she's got legs on her.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
topping is good practice overall i think.. although it takes a bit more time it has many benefits, but some plants do sulk afterwards, and often (in my experience), its the ones that are more reluctant to give up apical dominance and try to have just 2 tops after topping by mostly growing the top pair rather than bushing out a bit more evenly.
yeah plant 4 looks ready to go in that pic !

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
okay so here is plants #1,#3 from the A x LT cross. the #1 plant is bouncing back from some training where I removed some fan leaves further down to promote apical growth and stop side branches like I did with the others. the #3 plant has caught up and is more developed at this point than her sister. I left some extra material on #3 to promote a side branch for cloning purposes since I didn't get one earlier. I will take the cutting in next day or so before I flip her to flower. I will clean her inner nodes as well and let those 4 colas stretch some. group shot 1st then each plant and a close up of plant.

20220319_145112.jpg

plant#1
20220319_145128.jpg
20220319_145223.jpg

plant #3

20220319_145142.jpg
20220319_145240.jpg

Attachments

• 20220319_145112.jpg
    20220319_145112.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 36

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both looking great ! can't see much difference but perhaps 3 has slightly narrower leaves than 1 ?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
thought I would post some progress on the Amnesia/LT cross. All plants are humming along and after week one in flower both #1, #3 are putting a bit of stretch and both responded quickly to the photo period switch. I would say both will be smaller than plants #2,#4 even though all were started at the same time and given the same soil mix. Plant #1 slowed after repetitive pruning/ training but is showing signs of vigorous growth now. Plant #3 was the last seed to crack and come above ground and for a while I didn't think the runt would make it but she proved me wrong. Here they are side by side and i decided to up pot them early since they seemed hungry and I dont think they will outgrow the flower space. Plants #2,#4 where also up potted but after 2 weeks in flower since they both set their flower rather quickly and the small containers did the trick of restricting vertical growth. Below is plant #1, #3 in their new 2gal container. Plant #1 is more prone to developing side branches it seems and will stay the shortest I believe. I would normally prune those branches to promote height but given her history of slowing down after pruning I decided to just let her be. Plant#1 also has the shortest node distance of the 4 plants. Left -right = #1, #3

20220331_182432.jpg
20220331_182338.jpg

Plant#1
20220401_102022.jpg

Plant #3
20220401_102138.jpg