Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking very nice Jahaze !
Looking at them, i think possibly plant #1 looks a bit closer the to LT and plant 3 a little Closer to the Amnesia. It will be interesting to see if the terps follow that... both are Lemony but the amnesia is more of a minty/mentholated lemon whereas the LT is harsh Lemon soap/cleaner.

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia/ LT plants #2, #4. They are over two weeks of flower and both showing healthy stretch and growth. Flower set on #4 is quicker and more developed at this point so maybe will finish the fastest...we'll see. No smells really on either but plant #2 has a faint menthol lemon scent on the stem rub. Plant #2 has wider leaflets as noted where they join the petiole. Plant #4 has a wider space between and narrower leaflets. Both plants showing great vigor and have been up potted to 2.5gal containers recently due to showing signs of deficiency in the lower leaves. They seem to tolerate fish emulsion 3-3-.03 just fine and respond quickly. Hopefully their new home will give them what they need. I did mix in some extra ewc and seabird guano to supplement the phosphorus demand. overall very happy plants...

20220331_182554.jpg
20220331_182653.jpg

Plant#2

20220331_182455.jpg

Plant#4
20220331_182514.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow both also looking great ! good to hear about the stem rub, amnesia, although best described as menthol/lemon (the coffee shop cut is the one i have i think) the straight ammi actually has a completely unique smell/taste that is unmistakable. Hard to describe though.. it is almost a hint of peanut or something.
Plant 4 looks like it will be a big yield and maybe the biggest colas to me... just idle speculation though lol.

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
ok folks here are the 3 lemon thai s1 I have actively training. the 4th plant was a runt and unfortunately the train left the station and she has been relegated to my misfit cabinet where I keep clones and stuff that I'm undecided on. she is going slow but I didn't cull only because these are the only lemon thai s1's anywhere atm so I still have hopes she will come into her own but in the meantime her sisters will get the spotlight. comparing the LTs1 to the AxLT cross i would say they seem slower initially. I do have them in a room with QB leds and my temps have been lower than I would like so I have a feeling that is playing a huge part in their development. I recently put a seed warming mat underneath to keep the root ball warm. I did take clones of all three and they rooted within 10 days so thats a plus. right now they are showing a slight cal/mag issue that usually happens with QB and low ambient temps. hopefully with the heating mat they will return to normal. Here they are from L-R LT 1, 2, 3.

20220408_101956.jpg

20220408_102020.jpg

20220408_102041.jpg

20220408_102106.jpg

Attachments

• 20220408_102106.jpg
    20220408_102106.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 53

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Update Jahaze ! LT S1s ... the 3 of them look pretty uniform and very similar to the mother atm... that may change as they veg up.

The Amnesia x LT all look to be coming along beautifully .. they should all be quite good yields too by the look of them so far. Frosting up too, are they smelling of much yet?

P.s. i can't see the pics of #1

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Don't know what happened...

Amnesia x LT #1

20220409_123440.jpg

20220409_123337.jpg

20220409_121045.jpg

20220409_121100.jpg

20220409_121110.jpg

She was in a 1gal container longer than she should have. I up potted and and gave her two mild doses of fish fertilizer to keep her going while the roots seek out food in the new medium.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #4

I was watering some plants at the rear of the room and took out #4 to make room and decided to click a few pics. The plant is at week 5 and she starting to show signs of N def. I have not been able to adjust to the new leds nutrient draw here its showing prematurely. While not severe the plant is still packing flower and i want to give what she needs. I will give it some mild fish hydrolysate and see how it goes. The other plants will be get some show time but not today. The plant is pure sweet lemon and menthol at this point...very nice smell and good resin production to match. Here's a couple of shots:

20220419_190002.jpg

20220419_185856.jpg
20220419_185933.jpg
20220419_185918.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks lovely @Jahaze ! That pheno certainly looks and sounds like it is amnesia dominant which is interesting (as Amnesia is reputed to be a pheno of SSH which you wouldn't expect to breed so true)

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've grown some Bodhi's Lemon Thai Indica hybrids, the Prayer Tower remix, it was a big producer of very long and fat colas with lovely smell ans taste and an ever better high, I kept 2 Prayer Tower mothers for quite a while and I really miss them. I'm curious to see how the selfed LT will do, so far the Amnesia x Lemon Thai look gorgeous.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
thank you guys. below is the lemon thai runt plant #4 which I was going to cull but decided to put it in a separate grow cabinet with clones and other misfit plants. I didn't have much hope but she has surprised me and today I put her in a 1gal container to help catch-up to the others. I won't train it like the others because there isn't much time before the other 3 flip to flower so I'll just top once maybe and let her join the rest in flower...

LT#4 aka the runt

20220421_095508.jpg
20220421_095611.jpg
20220421_095624.jpg
20220421_095637.jpg
20220421_095455.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rather pretty for a runt ! - looks pretty well formed. Sometimes runts from seed can be due to a slow taproot - which can often not be a problem with the same plant from clone... bu it could be any number of things and not all of them down to the genetics.
Glad it shaped up before it was shipped out !

Reactions: zif

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Rather pretty for a runt ! - looks pretty well formed. Sometimes runts from seed can be due to a slow taproot - which can often not be a problem with the same plant from clone... bu it could be any number of things and not all of them down to the genetics.
Glad it shaped up before it was shipped out !
yes I think it was just slow to develop in comparison to the other but you wouldn't be able to tell now. I'm going to top it today and clone it just incase she's the keeper. So far I'm liking the LT s1 gal you selected. There is some slight variations between the 4 plants but I'll let you see for yourself when I line them up for a photo op.

Last edited:
Reactions: zif

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT plants.

plants 2,4 are at week 6 and plants 1,3 are at week 5 of flower. I will give the group shot and then post close up of each below. All plants stretched between 2x-2.5x in their small 1gal containers until the flowers were set then they went into 2gal (#2,#4 are in 2.5gal). Plant #1 stayed smaller but she also didn't like too much cutting and pruning and let me know it by slowing down considerably. Plant#3 was the last seed to open and she was tiny compared to others originally but caught up by the flip. Plant #2,#4 never lost their stride and from the beginning they just grew. Plant #4 has also been a bit hungrier than her sisters and I really needed to put her in at least a 3 or 4 gal container after her flowers set. I am currently giving her some fish fert just to carry her so she wouldn't lose too much mass due to lack of nutrition. I gave her the last fert watering yesterday and I hope it will be enough for the next 3 weeks as she finishes. She's started eating her lower leaves and will probably look terrible by the time harvest arrives. I should have top dressed her early on but I didn't expect her to be such a voracious feeder. Plant#2 got really chunky compared to a week ago. She also has the most wonderful smells that have changed a bit as she's matured. Where #4 is pure sweet lemon with a touch or menthol/alcohol, #2 has lemons but has had bubblegum, sandalwood, cream, and now has castile soap smell thats creamy on a lemony background that crazy delicious. Plant #1 also shares that profile somewhat but not exactly and I get whiffs of a skunky astringent type smell that is also pleasing. Plant #3 has the lowest odor with a simple lemony herbaceous scent. Plant #3 has the least amount of resin at the moment.

20220425_112240.jpg