What's new

L.A. Begins Closing Medical Cannabis Clubs

J

JeffSpicoli

OK got the point>>>>i'll leave

:(
Farkin mods! I thought when a mod edits a post it says "edited by 'xxx' " and it says what mod edited the post...

I think its pretty obvious the mods just have a grudge/butthurt at joe because he is now a respected member of a competing site... I hate all the drama and bullshit that we have to deal with because of the conflicting interested between ICMAG and the other site....

Ive always thought JoeSchmoe and OGraskal are two of the best growers in the online 'community'.. And its a bummer that they pretty much exclusively post on the other site now... Heck, raskals banned from here :(
I hope Joe is allowed to stick around, and we get to see more post from ya buddy. I dont check the other site out too often, and i reallly miss seeing the joeschmoe grow show over here.....

But back to the topic at hand... I know MANY MANY vet's who are medical patients, so i dont understand what everyone is talking abot the vets not being able to medicate with marijuana????

Kiffen

Still not true. We can protect ourselves without a directive from Uncle Sam.

Hostile? LOL...jeez man, you need a hanky or what?

my statement is 100% accurate.

Individuals can attempt to protect themselves, but they can not protect a nation.

Enjoy your one man band.

and now back to the topic at hand.... LA CLUBS SHUT DOWN......

Kiffen

I know MANY MANY vet's who are medical patients, so i dont understand what everyone is talking abot the vets not being able to medicate with marijuana????

They can not medicate at the facility because it is on US Federal land, and they are going to live there during treatments. My community is filled with these recovering service men and women, because we are walking distance from the VA where they live now, and where allot more will live in the future as soon as they open up the massive treatment center (its huge trust me). My point is that they ought to be allowed to treat themselves with cannabis if they find it helps them find a better quality of life. That's it really. The only reason I posted on this topic was because I see the suffering every time I walk down the street to get a coffee.

Next time I will try to be more articulate/detail oriented with my post. Hope this clears up any confusion regarding the matter.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran

Why is mint man and Grand Funk getting their panties in a bunch?
I just got a F-U and neg rep among other things for asking why Joe's posts were allegedly edited without his knowledge or a disclaimer?

SO now I'm a troll for asking questions?

I'm outta here too..this is silly:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::1help:

brownstormy

I live in LA, I have gone to allot of the clubs in the city and MOST of them are operating in such a way that is not good for any of us. Some of these spots are just thugs with glass cases filled with below par product filled with chems, others are actually helping people and sell good meds. This is a delicate situation and will affect the way the rest of the country legislates MMJ. It’s up to Californians to control this and make sure its done right, at the moment is not happening....

My feelings exactly. This worries me.
If things continue going south here, it won't be of any help to anyone.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Originally Posted by Kiffen View Post
I live in LA, I have gone to allot of the clubs in the city and MOST of them are operating in such a way that is not good for any of us. Some of these spots are just thugs with glass cases filled with below par product filled with chems

This happens in any industry though, and the regulation is to not shop in those clubs. It's easy to blame the coops, pointing fingers is easy, the real culprits that allow these types of operations to exist and proliferate are patients the who go there, and the authorities who allow this to happen on purpose without guidelines nor inspections etc. Why would you blame a coop for selling herb and accuse them of bad weed if they didn'tgrow most of it anyway. The argument that most coops are "bad" is weak IMO

Skip

Veteran
I don't know what everyone's talking about.

I see no edits to any posts in this thread. And I seem to be the only mod/admin involved in this thread.

Apparently, you are making this up. If this is the case, you are in trouble for making false accusations.

How about staying on topic ppl. I will delete any more off-topic posts.

Kiffen

The argument that most coops are "bad" is weak IMO

They purchase the medicine to sell to their patients. They control the way they operate. They decide what meds to purchase, no one forces them to buy bad meds but the profit margin is higher so they do. If its going to be used for medicine it should help not hurt. Most people that use cannabis do not have the knowledge base to know that they are smoking a low quality product. They just know what shop is the closest to were they live/work. Minimal regulation is needed to ensure some kind of civil operation is taking place and not just a front for gangsters.

You can talk free market all day long, you can blame the under educated consumer, or LEO agencies that were waiting for the snail speed LA city council to get a move on, and make a decision or whom ever you want to blame. The simple fact is that certain places are selling poison and that needs to be stopped. The market will take care of some of it but clearly some kind of minimal regulation is needed.

Thickfreakness

This wouldn't need to happen if the govt. would decide whether or not they want to legalize. Ca wants it, so why not take a few days to make your regulations and taxes to make yourselves happy. Then we can all be happy, and you can get your regulated legal dispensaries. I know you guys already know all this already though.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
The simple fact is that certain places are selling poison and that needs to be stopped.

Do you mean McDolnalds for selling edible poison or Walgreens for selling Xanax poison, or did you mean my kid's school teacher trying to get the entire class to take Ritalin poison?
What is this poison you are adament about? Do the street dealers sell this "poison" too?
I don't get what you're bitching about...seriously,

see no edits to any posts in this thread. And I seem to be the only mod/admin involved in this thread.

Apparently, you are making this up. If this is the case, you are in trouble for making false accusations.

Unless the poster erased it himself and is lying, I swore his original post was different. Maybe I got tricked too..

Kiffen

Do you mean McDolnalds for selling edible poison or Walgreens for selling Xanax poison, or did you mean my kid's school teacher trying to get the entire class to take Ritalin poison?
What is this poison you are adament about? Do the street dealers sell this "poison" too?
I don't get what you're bitching about...seriously,

I don't think anyone here is bitching or "pointing fingers" but you. I have ignored your lack of reading comprehension for the last several post, but I simply don't have the time to spoon feed elementary conversation to you any more. You stated that you were leaving, and yet you are still here. No one is supporting your angry unproductive post, we are simply having a conversation about the current MMJ issues in LA. You on the other hand are comparing medication regulation to McDonalds.

If you can not figure out that smoking heavy chemical based fungicide and phosphorous is bad for you I would advise you stay away from cannabis and focus more on your interpersonal communication skills and parenting.

I doubt you even live in Los Angeles.

Please keep it productive when addressing me as I do not like enjoy writing post like this one.

Thank you.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wait a second...what is this whole 'vets cant become patients' thing. maybe im missing something....all i saw was something about being on federal land....sorry to sound dumb, but what am i missing?

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Most people that use cannabis do not have the knowledge base to know that they are smoking a low quality product. They just know what shop is the closest to were they live/work.
You just illustrated how ridiculous you are in one sentence man. So now the patients are ignorant? How would a club be in the know, yet a patient ignorant as to what the bud is.
How the hell can you say that without sounding like a condescending ignorant person, you have no proof at all?
You have to be kidding me....you just ramble.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Weather dealing with Cannabis or not there are rules to be followed with every business. No shock about the shut downs. Those owners should not have invested that money until all was legit!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
wait a second...what is this whole 'vets cant become patients' thing. maybe im missing something....all i saw was something about being on federal land....sorry to sound dumb, but what am i missing?

This thread started with several posters saying that "there are too many dispensaries", "most are corrupt and only care about $", "most sell poison, bad medicine or medicine that hurts" lol, and a bunch of other accusations that the coops are the bad guys. Then Joe said his posts were getting deleted by the mods, and truly it seemed like his posts would magically get edited, and he claimed it was a mod...

Now I would just like some clarification as to why people are saying that most clubs suck because they sell poison, bad meds, don't suck the patients dick, or whatever the ludicrous complaints are. Where is the evidence and proof that most clubs do this or that they are evil for getting herb from a bunch of sources and deliberately selling patients poison...sounds like a tin hat wearing conspiracy theory or something...I don't want bad rep or to start any flame war, just I live here, am a patient, go to many clubs in between harvests and don't see this attitude these people claim are so prevalent. 2 years ago they shut every single coop in san diego down, was it because the coops were evil? No it is because many people have interests in closing clubs down, specially street dealers who want to keep prices high.. You gotta be kidding me with these accusations of all the club bud being poison......and what, are business owners not supposed to make money?

How it got side tracked into this veteran BS I have no clue..we're talking about CLUBS IN L.A. getting shut down

Kiffen

They CAN become patients but they can not possess on federal property. The laws that are enforced on that land are federal and have nothing to do with state laws.

The patients I am talking about are/will be living on the VA land in a massive mental/ physical heath facility, and will be subject to federal laws enforced by the police on the VA grounds, since the land is federal and not part of the state, they enforce federal laws not state. It would be unwise to posess any amount on federal land regardless of your status as a mmj patient.

Latest posts

Latest posts