What's new

L.A. Begins Closing Medical Cannabis Clubs

zeddius2

lol i wish i could complain about dispensary getting shut down here in Texas... but it'll probably be a cold day in hell before any open up...

D

DMXAK47

THiers one on palm and olive- they have no clones
one on blackstone and prinstone south of bobbys resturant down stairs.
thiers one on the 41 in madara. past ave 12. thiers is also one that will deliver but i herd the cost more. thiers a couple more 45 min south.

OCdirty

it's also, what is the definition of abuse and not being qualified for it as a med? I hate even taking tylenol for a headache and would much rather smoke MMJ, is this wrong? Does this REALLY make me different then a cancer patient in terms of being qualified? I don't drink alcohol (may have a beer on occasion, haven't been intoxicated from alcohol in probably 6-7 years)

That said, I smoke MMJ for a different medical reason...this is just an example

nephilthim

no one complains about a starbucks or a pizza hut or any other business opening up.the only way to define a free market is to define the free market by allowing business to open fail close and open again just like any other business. the city complaining about a situation that they created has just opened the door for costly civil litigation.
one of my favs(dispensary) closed membership and is going into a collective mode .

Z

Zeinth

The Los Angeles City Council has finally started shutting down the hundreds of medical cannabis clubs, collectives and cooperatives that don't have proper permits. Some 600 pot dispensaries have opened in the LA area since a moratorium on new ones took effect in 2007. They were able to open due to a "hardship" loophole caused by the City Council's delay in issuing regulations for dispensaries and clubs.

But now the party may be over for those hundreds of dispensaries. 28 cannabis dispensaries were ordered closed yesterday, with more to follow. To compare, San Francisco has only around 30 dispensaries in the city.

See the Wall Street Journal article for more.

Not only l.a...also orange county as well!

and the pot tax ad's...thell show it in news clips..but no station will take money to air it!!

So...cali is on the fence...the gov says debate? the people 51 percent say yes!

the police..jailers say NO....

HMMMmmm....BIG PHARMA LIKE A WHITE SHARK READY TO JUMP IN!!

STAY TUNED....CANNABIS...THE CALI LEGAL HERB...CALIFORNIA'S

NEWEST STATE FLOWER!!

6 MONTHS!!:joint:

DankSide

Yes, there is abuse, however everyday more people discover the wonders of cannabis and realize how much better they feel using it. Whether it's for a diagnosed medical condition, a chronic Psychological condition, or just as a MOOD SHIFTER, cannabis is indeed MEDICINE!

And if it helps people lead a calmer, more relaxed life, that ALONE justifies keeping it legal because then people don't abuse OTHER HARMFUL DRUGS like alcohol, tobacco, prescription pain meds (like Michael Jackson), etc.

You're probably not living in California, cause if you did you'd realize there is no way marijuana will again be completely illegal. The people have spoken, and the people make law here, often more efficiently and effectively than the legislature who still can't pass a budget and are responsible for the ever spreading shutdown of government services.

Yah man thats what I'm talking about, no way we can start going backwards with this one, especially when you compare that there is abuse of just about EVERY prescription these days.

Just read an article about a Mixed Martial Arts Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighter who regularly uses MJ and says it runs in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu scene for its calming effects.
Also read about Nick Diaz pulling off an underdog victory, only to have it overturned when THC was found in his system, so strange.

T

TheMintMan

no one complains about a starbucks or a pizza hut or any other business opening up.the only way to define a free market is to define the free market by allowing business to open fail close and open again just like any other business. the city complaining about a situation that they created has just opened the door for costly civil litigation.
one of my favs(dispensary) closed membership and is going into a collective mode .

Man, where have you been? People talk shit about starbucks all the time for having a store on damn near every corner. The cookie-cutter vibe makes my city look bad and attracts a lot of vagrants for some reason.

Problem I have with all the unregulated pot shops isn't that they're there or that there are a particular number of them...it's that with lack of regulation comes lack of quality control. And when it comes to medicine- that can be dangerous. Not to mention the fact that you never really know what the quality of that 1/8th you just bought is until you get home and find out it looks nice, smells nice, and smokes like ass.

Free markets are all good and fine concepts to talk about, but when it comes to making sure nobody is spraying shit on my buds to make them "sparkle" more or limiting the number of shops that can open to those who are able to keep trained and knowledgable "bud-tenders" (like pharmacy techs)...I'll settle for a little regulation. So long as we all get our say in it of course.

Kiffen

I live in LA, I have gone to allot of the clubs in the city and MOST of them are operating in such a way that is not good for any of us. Some of these spots are just thugs with glass cases filled with below par product filled with chems, others are actually helping people and sell good meds. This is a delicate situation and will affect the way the rest of the country legislates MMJ. It’s up to Californians to control this and make sure its done right, at the moment is not happening.
I will not name the top shops in LA but I will tell you that some are actually helping allot of people.
We have a large population of recent veterans in LA, and a huge mental treatment center being built @ the West Los Angeles VA for the injured vets coming home. These Vets fought for our freedoms and way of life and they need us to fight for the quality of theirs now. Many of them have survived the kind of violence and pain that you and I will never understand; and the feds will not let them use MMJ to help them with treatment even though many have reported that it helps with the mental anguish that comes with the loss of limbs, burns, and various other combat related injuries. If we let the assholes of Los Angeles run these shops the laws will never change on the Federal Level, and these men and women who need our help will be stuck on pharmaceuticals that make their lives worse in the long run.
The good shops that are actually medical based should stay open. The ones that target children and put fliers under windshield wipers at high school parking lots should be thrown into the sea. We have too many people that need help, and too much is at stake to fuck around with these assholes.

G

good discussion>>^^^

toooooo many peeps>>>UNEDUCATED<>>>opening clubs<<,for a quick $$$$.!!!

ive been to MANY<<<vending>>>and have to say>>>at least half are clueless to whats REALLY going on>>>selling very poor quality herbs for way too much>>.to sick people...
for a quick buck>>>
really, I have to educate while I vend. just amazes me.

its very VERY CLEAR to me this plant was put here for a reason... for us to use it.

one time, you GIVE a true patient that depends on the plant for QUALITY of life.....
watch the tears of joy, relief, freedom,<<<change YOUR life.

this is truely what this plant was put here for>>>in my book.

someones life depends on a plant <<< and you can be the one to GIVE that quality of life back to a GOOD person<<<<
just try it<<<<ITS SO CLEAR to me after doing this.

its WAY bigger than me and my lil problems pot solves.

T

TheMintMan

Ahh, censorship and the douchbags who perpetuate it's evil existence... :rolleyes:

G

someones watching my every word and wiping out the one THEY DONT LIKE????

T

TheMintMan

Sounds like you pissed off a mod. Best thing to do is get a new handle...:biglaugh:

G

pissed off a MOD??? by speaking truth???
i cant believe my eyes. open discussion???? if this is true a quick note would be kind to let me know im...... talking too much??? WTF?

Kiffen

<vending><change your="" life.=""><its so="" clear="" to="" me="" after="" doing="" this.="">
way more than just the vets need this medicine<<but,><vets too!!!="">
come on NOW<<<thats just="" plain="" rediculous=""><sp? send="" out="" fight="" dirty="" bloody="" battles="" for="" democracy?and="" freedom???="" come="" home="" to="" hope="" you="" live="" in="" the="" right="" state=""><<<so, you="" can="" legally="" medicate???="">
die for a country that wont let me medicate<<
shit<<
PEACE

I agree with some of what you wrote, however.....

Its not the country its our government.

The country is worth fighting for, our current government is not. However if we can change the majority of the populations opinion over time this could change.
Your ability to post on this forum is protected by the men and women of the armed forces. How about a little respect for them and not missing the point completely?

When was the last time you saw a post from North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia or China about how dank the herb is there?

You won't because the posters would be jailed and possibly executed.

My point is that Californians can medicate but the veterans seeking treatment that are sent to these centers can not. This needs to change and will only change when more people start behaving in a responsible manner.

The people that stand in the way of our shared goal will not openly block help for veterans without paying a very, very steep cost. Remember that we are playing in the realm of mainstream politics now, and the goal is to WIN.

People that only think of themselves and their situation will not help to move the ball down the court, and that slows us all down. This is a movement of millions, not a one man band. </so,></sp?></thats></vets></but,></its></change></vending>

T

TheMintMan

Your ability to post on this forum is protected by the men and women of the armed forces.

No offense, but I don't see anybody from any other country (besides our own) trying to censor my right to free speech. I don't buy into the idea that everything we have is because of these poor, gullible teens that our gov't cons into joining their world-wide-fight-club. I respect people who've shown me they deserve respect, on an individual basis. Not because they joined an organization that pays them to kill. And guess what, if we didn't have men and women blindly following the orders of a simp in a suit I would still be doing just as I please.

When was the last time you saw a post from North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia or China about how dank the herb is there?

From those 4 specifically, I don't know...but I wonder if their gov't and media have convinced them of the same nonsense ours has convinced us of- that everything they have is because someone else with a gun is protecting it for them. :rolleyes:

It isn't the military that gives us our freedom, it is our own will power. Wise up.

G

yea thats only a PARTIAL print of what i said<<<thats what was wierd>>>
added to that>>>was >>>thats a hard sell

also was THIS IS WAY bigger than my lil problems>>>and the VETS NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to meds if they want them>>>
LIKE I SAID<<<they chopped my post to bits>>>
parts and pieces came thru>>>
messed up my points>>>VERY ANNOYING

and my friends in afganistan now>>i talk to him regularly>>>

and i do agree with you <<it a MORE THAN MILLOIN man/woman movement>>>
THEY WOULDNT LET ME SAY IT!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
That's crazy, Mods? can we get an explanation as to what happened to joe's post?

Is it ok to twist his words and create a new post with no disclaimer about censorship?
I didn't see anything crazy in his post...was it a veteran MODerator?

Latest posts

Latest posts