What's new

Just some more people getting shot in the US

h.h.

Veteran
m7bt6oanzcya1.jpg

43fqu1e0reya1.jpg

uyu6w7ghkcya1.jpg
You know. If only he had proper training in gun safety.

RobFromTX

Another gun toting maga redneck attacks the shopping malls of dallas. Im still waiting on a photo. You post it up if you find one first audi :biggrin:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Gry

audiohi

Veteran
Another gun toting maga redneck attacks the shopping malls of dallas. Im still waiting on a photo. You post it up if you find one first audi :biggrin:

A photo of the aftermath?

There's a video. You'll have to find it yourself, though.

Gry

Veteran
I recall hearing that FL was able to get by without state taxes due to the tourist industry.
In the clear light of hindsight it looks like Florida's stand your ground laws were a big FU to
the state's number one industry, tourism.
Would like to hear the backstory that explains how anyone thought it was a good idea to make
war on the states tourism industry.

moose eater

Not sure about Texas, but Alaska has similar or same laws, and stores/businesses, even private residences, can post signs prohibiting firearms carry.

And cops, despite the laws, are known to stop and question sometimes.

Just because it's technically legal doesn't mean it doesn't look strangely out of place at times and attracts some attention and questions for that reason.

Of course, then there's the more subtle racism that can come into play, where WHO is carrying a weapon sometimes is part of the dynamic.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Florida is good about trying to make life there safer for tourists. a few years back, they changed the law so rental vehicles had regular license plates because criminals were targeting tourists in rented cars. now they allow folks to protect themselves. will that infuriate anti-gunners? damn straight. the "Castle Doctrine" is a good idea, you SHOULD be able to protect yourself in all situations. but, there are gonna be asshats that try to stretch it obviously and shoot when they should have just walked away...

moose eater

Tennessee has the same. carry is legal if there isn't a sign. technically, that is. there ARE places you are not "supposed" to have a gun, but if they don't post their sign...:shucks::whistling:
Stipulated in the law here as "Don't carry in these places" includes bars, or while intoxicated,etc. But the gray area of my brain wants to say that restaurants that serve alcohol are not regarded the same as a bar.
I -think- that's the case, but would want to confirm that, and recall thinking, "WTF? If alcohol is being served, is there a difference in level of intoxication's potential carnage if hoagies are on the menu too?"

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Here in Ma. it is only a simple trespass charge if you carry in a place that has a a "No Guns" sign other than those stipulated in the regulations like a court house etc.
In MA if you get caught with a gun illegally (no firearms card or LTC, both require training) it's mandatory 1 year. Also all firearms purchases must be registered.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
In MA if you get caught with a gun illegally (no firearms card or LTC, both require training) it's mandatory 1 year. Also all firearms purchases must be registered.
When was the last time Bartley Fox was enforced in Ma?
My understanding is that it is used primarily in plea deals and rarely if ever enforced.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
When was the last time Bartley Fox was enforced in Ma?
My understanding is that it is used primarily in plea deals and rarely if ever enforced.
I think they enforce it unless you have some way out, like hunters traveling through the state. Some jackass in Dorchester gets caught sporting a gun - he's toast.