What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just some more people getting shot in the US

audiohi

Veteran
h2jwzaxrdlua1.jpg

pdxk8a9vshua1.jpg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

You keep posting these memes attacking gun violence but what is YOUR solution to the problem?

Limit gun ownership to liberals under 50 with a full set of hair? Lol

audiohi

Veteran
You keep posting these memes attacking gun violence but what is YOUR solution to the problem?

I'm a simple man. My suggestion is to try something.

Doing nothing just doesn't seem to be working.

If you need more than that, check out any of the currently discussed ideas including mental health funding, background checks, red flag laws... there are plenty.

My solution is to do... something. Then, see how it goes.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm a simple man. My suggestion is to try something.

Doing nothing just doesn't seem to be working.

If you need more than that, check out any of the currently discussed ideas including mental health funding, background checks, red flag laws... there are plenty.

My solution is to do... something. Then, see how it goes.
we haven't been "doing nothing." but you are correct. what we have been doing isn't doing what we hoped it would. "reasonable restrictions" cannot prevent every evil person (any of them, actually) from getting a weapon to kill people with. latest figure i saw was 1200 firearms in private possession for every 1000 citizens in the US. anonymous polls have about 33 % own at least one. so, a third of the population owns ALL of the guns. that would have to be an immense, loosely-worded search warrant, or just burn the Constitution and get it over with... i recommend neither. "hey, Bob. say, i got a damn raccoon getting in my trash. got a gun i can borrow for a day or two?" how would you prevent this? if he's gonna shoot someone, he'll sure as hell lie to his neighbor about WHAT he is gonna kill...or maybe not. Bob might get TWO guns out & go help out a pal. i like the idea of the red flag laws, as long as there is a rapid appeal available. these have been known to be an effective weapon in neighborhood or domestic disputes.

audiohi

Veteran
we haven't been "doing nothing." but you are correct. what we have been doing isn't doing what we hoped it would. "reasonable restrictions" cannot prevent every evil person (any of them, actually) from getting a weapon to kill people with. latest figure i saw was 1200 firearms in private possession for every 1000 citizens in the US. anonymous polls have about 33 % own at least one. so, a third of the population owns ALL of the guns. that would have to be an immense, loosely-worded search warrant, or just burn the Constitution and get it over with... i recommend neither. "hey, Bob. say, i got a damn raccoon getting in my trash. got a gun i can borrow for a day or two?" how would you prevent this? if he's gonna shoot someone, he'll sure as hell lie to his neighbor about WHAT he is gonna kill...or maybe not. Bob might get TWO guns out & go help out a pal. i like the idea of the red flag laws, as long as there is a rapid appeal available. these have been known to be an effective weapon in neighborhood or domestic disputes.

I guess you're right.

We haven't done "nothing".

Plenty of states have loosened regulations and adopted permitless carry.

The Supreme Court even ruled that states don't have the right to regulate guns the way they see fit.

audiohi

Veteran

After a few days of people tragically overreacting with their guns, shooting through the front door at a child at the wrong house, shooting through the car at a young woman in the wrong driveway, shooting two young women getting into the wrong car, shooting a spouse in the back multiple times in self defence, what's your solution?

Just the cost of doing business for the modern gun owner?

Just expect more, right?

RobFromTX

After a few days of people tragically overreacting with their guns, shooting through the front door at a child at the wrong house, shooting through the car at a young woman in the wrong driveway, shooting two young women getting into the wrong car, shooting a spouse in the back multiple times in self defence, what's your solution?

Just the cost of doing business for the modern gun owner?

Just expect more, right?
Most of those "modern gun owners" don't kill people over parking spaces or pulling into driveways. They own them for self defense. And yes you can expect more of the same as sad as that is. The issues become too polarizing to get anything done on a big scale, especially when they cant even agree on what needs to be banned to fix the problem

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And by the way all those shootings youve posted were done by disgruntled boomers with small arms, not bubbas AR-15. My case in point. Its a mental health crisis
I agree, except the guy who shot the kid through the window was not a boomer > beyond boomer. The crazier America gets, the crazier it's population gets. Everyone is either addicted to the shit coming from their phone, CNN, FOX or their favorite rabbit hole like Q or Christians for a Moral America or Everybody must get Trans or .....

audiohi

Veteran
Also, guy that shot the young cheerleaders was 25.

Guy who shot his girlfriend in the back in self defense was 48

And by the way all those shootings youve posted were done by disgruntled boomers with small arms

you were 1 for 4 on that one.

lol

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Gry

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I guess you're right.

We haven't done "nothing".

Plenty of states have loosened regulations and adopted permitless carry.

The Supreme Court even ruled that states don't have the right to regulate guns the way they see fit.
so regulations always have to be MORE restrictive, all of the time? no room to loosen the rope when that "reasonable" restriction is found to not work? "nope, gotta choke this #$%$# out..." if you let the states do just whatever they wanted, the Constitution would be a useless fucking rag... we have constitutional (permit free) concealed carry here, have for a while. no gunfights so far... these last two shooters were on their private property where they didn't need a permit to have the weapon they used.

• Sad
Reactions: Gry