What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

just blew 8000$

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
intakecompressionpowerexhaust

EDIT - And I would be ALL ears if someone could tell me how to take any bone stock gas powered platform and turn out 700whp easily and with minimal effort. Don't say bolt a supercharger on a big block, either.

whodair

Veteran
I'm down for discussing internal combustion theory..... :joint:

do those swirl polished valves really work? has anyone ever seen what combustion looks like from the inside or is it theoretical? maybe a dye perhaps?

my favorite way to roll with internal combustion isnt turbo though. its cubes. now for weight, economy, emmisions, different story. but i love mid 60s boulevard bruisers all cubed out. no sensors, no computers, etc. love multiple carbs too, so exotic sounding, and satisfying to drive when they're in proper order.

C6H6

internal combustion theory

O2+hydrocarbons+spark=power

and just for fun, of the total energy stored in the bonds holding the hydrocarbons together, an internal combustion engine uses only ~25% of that energy.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
do those swirl polished valves really work? has anyone ever seen what combustion looks like from the inside or is it theoretical? maybe a dye perhaps?

my favorite way to roll with internal combustion isnt turbo though. its cubes. now for weight, economy, emmisions, different story. but i love mid 60s boulevard bruisers all cubed out. no sensors, no computers, etc. love multiple carbs too, so exotic sounding, and satisfying to drive when they're in proper order.

Actually, that Honda Civic wasn't really suppose to be called a Civic. It was a CVCC (Controlled Vortex Combustion Chamber.....sounds like a good grow tent :laughing:). They modified the tops of piston heads and the valve "faces" (Hemi anyone ?) for fuel economy purposes i.e. a more controlled, complete efficient burn.

Folks just kept calling it a Civic though, so they changed the name....

I'm with you though when it comes to my muscle cars.....give me cubes and venturi vacuum on a nice straight stretch of road and I'm a happy man.

:joint:

internal combustion theory

O2+hydrocarbons+spark=power

and just for fun, of the total energy stored in the bonds holding the hydrocarbons together, an internal combustion engine uses only ~25% of that energy.

Yes, but that's what makes a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio engine fun....It's ineffiency :D

I'm all about that 4-Stroke....

tokemaster

project right now is a 71 Vega Wagon (305). I'd like to get it under 13 seconds on pump gas and street tires. What are you building/racing?

a 200 shot and a good set of street slicks :wink:

EDIT - And I would be ALL ears if someone could tell me how to take any bone stock gas powered platform and turn out 700whp easily and with minimal effort. Don't say bolt a supercharger on a big block, either.

a LT-1 and a 400 fogger shot :wink:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
HAHAHA wow, show my age!!!

Yo nitrous is straight cheating!! Lol, just fill the tank with Alcohol!!!

:D Yeah, you right, though...

EDIT -
a LT-1 and a 400 fogger shot
THAT'S a tire meltingly good time!!

I can't imagine an 8cyl with a nitrous. I never drove a boosted 8, but I can imagine it, and I STILL can't see pushing the button in something that is breaking rear's w/o it :wink: That has to be a rush.

tokemaster

barletta, we are probably in the same age group. my first car was a 70 chevelle SS

now I help a good friend with his truck...4700lbs running mid to high 11's w/o the spray, almost 600hp on the dyno...he's old school too... all throttle no bottle

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
You are in my dad the REAL gearhead's age bracket. Ask me why I have the vega? Cause he used to run em :D He had a wagon like mine (lil camaro wagon, I tell people), and HIDEOUS orange 77, and a very cool black cosworth with a white interior. My first car was an 87 cargo style minivan :D I grew up in a levi's gremlin LAUGHING at mustangs/camaro's. It's all about the 60' time... Guido would put so much shiny shit on the Stang, and I would show with the 360 gremlin with the cool interior, and WALK AWAY. Great Meadows, nukka.

Then pops started whippin up on me in the Spirit with the 304...

WOW. 4700lbs under 12seconds is MOVING. I've never run anything under 12 seconds.

The first thing I built on my own (more like destroyed, lol) was an Eclipse gsx. Car was FAST when it was runnin right. The best run was at raceway park, 13.2 @110. I put sooo fukkin much $$ into that car. First thing I was proud of was a 76 automatic Nova with a 305. A ROCK SOLID 14 flat. That car was unbeatable in bracket racing. No wheelspin, no nothing.

REZDOG

Veteran
Afom has a JDM 2004 or 05,WRX STi S204 Ltd-ya can't import 'em to the states,but here in the EU,it's no issue,especially used,from what I gather.
HIs car is modded,25# of boost,and pushes 500bhp/470TQ,0-60 in 3.9,quarter mile in the mid-11s,and eats most of the local euro-trash Porsches and Ferraris for brekky. Lambos,he says,are tricky,lol!
I wish I knew Spanish cursing better,it'd help define what those Porsche drivers were saying/gesturing at us,as we whupped 'em in our outings!
Imo there's no better hard-core sports car for the buck than one of those JDM S204 things,they're fucking sick.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I
just got my 98 integra gsr tuned by Cortney Green in Ogden, Utah.

I was able to hit 193.0 whp and 123.6 tq

Here are my mods

Ngk iridium spark plugs
ngk spark plug wires
apexi n1 catback exhaust
greddy ss 4-2-1 header
stock cat
skunk2 stage 1 tuner cams
skunk2 pro intake manifold
skunk2 pro series cam gears
password jdm intake
blox dual valve springs
b&m fuel pressure regulator
walbro 255 fuel pump

stock block, and the head has not been ported, I am overall pretty excited about the numbers.

BTW- my car is tuned on neptune and this all went down on a dynomite dyno.

001.jpg

Where's the dyno chart on the one you speak of ?

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Looks to me like your posting a dyno sheet to a car tuned BY courtney green.
I'll call him and see if he can email me a copy..

Actually the post was two fold.....

1) It's obvious it's not easy to just get 700 hp without spending a ton of dough to do it right

2) Point out that I've seen some of the cars he's tuned

I'll await the dyno.

Actually the post was two fold.....

1) It's obvious it's not easy to just get 700 hp without spending a ton of dough to do it right

2) Point out that I've seen some of the cars he's tuned

I'll await the dyno.

Don't hold your breath, proving to a couple of dipshits you can milk horsepower when you know what your doing is NOT on the top of my list of important things to do. I'll do what I can.
later.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Maybe you can ask Courtney Green out of SLC utah how he got 600whp out of his uni-body 4 cylinder DAILY DRIVEN civic, douche bag.
Again, thank you for the personal insults. 600 is not 700, and I would bet that it was neither 'easy', or done with 'minimal effort' (to borrow the words you used to describe getting a 3liter mitsu to 700hp). The first front wheel drive car under 11 seconds was a fukkin dodge omni. Same car was the first to go under 10 seconds. 25 years later, a honda with nitrous don't impress...

How did I know that a youtube or link to a car mag was coming???
And a link to a company that does graphics?!?!?
http://www.racerubber.com/services.html
Let RaceRubber tune up your graphics!
Don't get stuck with the same old hum drum race car and blurry photos in your press releases. With over 12 years of illustration and computer graphics experience, RaceRubber.com is your one stop design shop. We can provide high quality web-design, illustrations and vinyl graphics.

Don't get lost in traffic!
RaceRubber.com is one of the race industry leaders in commercial grade high impact illustrations used in advertising and web design. Let our graphic design team create images that will increase your exposure and add professionalism to your promotional endeavors.
Hahahahhaha Stickers make you go faster. Go put a sticker on, and take a windshield wiper off your civic, and it will be 600hp, too.

700hp cars DO exist.
2lb plants DO exist.

You have NO CLUE what is involved in either. You speaking as if you do makes people who have an IDEA of what is involved chuckle.

Go find another link. OR build a car. SERIOUSLY. If you want to race, and are on the east coast, PM me. Pick a saturday night and a track. BRING CASH. You can even run the suburban, I bet that's a pretty consistent 18-19 seconds.

EDIT - Stoner moment (must be the sticky-icky I grow) I forgot the noise was coming from Lili-noise, so if you like I will drive as far as Ohio. Pony up, loud mouth. Or we could just see who can find the faster car on the internet...