What's new

just blew 8000$

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
^^^^^ 20 year old does make it much clearer.....

Don't hurt anybody and enjoy it....:joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
To the guy talking about 700HP...

Show me any gasoline engine that will take 700 HP w/o MAJOR engine work. Like a balanced crank, and sleeved cylinders , a re-machined head, titanium pistons, 3x's stiffer valve springs...
It goes on forever. As you add HP, you break shit. AND the car is 15y/o at this point.

Yes, it's a Mitsu, and relatively bullet broof to add a few lbs of boost, or an intercooler and exhaust, whatever. The bottom end (block, pistons, crank, main bearing) could take 500hp if it were added out of the box (and not driven by a kid). But how hard are you pumping air into a 180 cubic inch engine, running 93 octane gasoline to get this imaginary 700HP? Show me the car and the dyno. 700HP is not happening on a street legal car, on pump gas, under 300cubic inches. The 22+lbs of boost that you would need to make that at the CRANK (forget that it's allwheel, and the power has to change direction 3 times, not too many stock trans & diff's gonna take 600lbs+ torque...) would send the pistons through the bottom of the motor, and ~8" deep into the warm asphalt...

If the engine/trans/diff's/axles are good, and the car isn't rotted, and was never wrecked, it's a cool project. 700HP will cost another 30k, AND the ability to drive it on pump gas...

Lol, if "..in the 700hp range.." means adding 100hp and driving EASY until it's all warmed up, yes, that can be easily achieved.

Show me the street legal, gas powered ANYTHING with 700HP (then show me the 700hp 3liter...). Then show me the guy who mortgaged his house to build it, and have him tell me it was easy to get there.

If you are whipping up on WS-6's in a Mitsu, it's because they are not launching, not cause you have more car.

REZDOG

Veteran
Old DSMs are nothing but trouble.
The the Dodge badged cars are junk.
Reliability?
Non-existent.
Parts?
Expensive.
Those "turbos"?
Junk at 40K,with "normal" use.
Cost to replace junk OEM "twin" snail with an efficient turbo?
About $4K,USD.
(Plus a fuel system,tuning,motor upgrades to handle any decent turbo = $2-3K)
Would I spend that money on a DSM-wanna-be "Dodge" PoS?
Never.
The Dodge platform was the "shit-build" of that car,if he really wanted a PoS DSM,he should have bought a 3000GTVR in AWD,with the limp-wristed,Starion-style "video game" dash.
Those cars are absolute toilets,and the reason it was on the market was likely because it's about to need some major work.
For $8K,an old Evo or WRX would have done him much better.

barletta:

Your an educated dumb ass.
Did I say all you have to do is turn up the boost and throw a sticker or two on and away you go?
Did I say it would be run on pump gas?
No, but MOST factory tuned TURBO/TWIN TURBO SPORTCARS have balanced cranks, sleeved, forged rods and pistons, ported and polished etc..
Addressing fuel delivery, air (in & out) and weight and proper tuning and you can have a really awesome ride.
Going fast DOESN'T require major work or costly work.

Go flex your BS else where.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I just bought a car too, 1999 Lexus RX300, original owner, only 95,000 miles, and i only paid 7,200 before taxes. the retail on the car is 12 grand, most dealers sell them for around 10, so i got a pretty decent deal.

its a boring soccer mom car though, nicely loaded though with heated seats, etc, but im honestly probably gonna flip it and try and make some cash, times are tough and harvest is a month away!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
For $8K,an old Evo or WRX would have done him much better
WORD.

You COULD build a monster, but big buxx, and good luck finding the parts. I do think the Mitsu turbos get a bad rap cause they blow oil. They are well built, and will go just as long as the subaru's.

For 8g's I would have found a 350 or s2000 that was in Katrina. I drove a supercharged s2000, and it was prolly the most fun I've had in a car. Right there with pushing the boosted miata :D I don't think I would ever buy a used turbo ANYTHING that I didn't plan on putting big $$ into. Maybe for 8g's I would have re-done a 240...or a 300z...or a b510...

It's a SHITLOAD of fun to melt tires in a WS-6/vette/mustang/gto, btw...

Even the new Mitsu's and Subies get beat up pretty good. I personally put ~100 HARD miles on the first evo to come in stock. Swapped out with ~350 on it, cracked airdam, and ALREADY blowing a lil oil when you jumped on it... :D

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Illinoise - Here is what you said.
Its a great platform and can be modified with minimal work and can easily run in the 700hp range.
You said MINIMAL work.
You said EASILY.

Those phrases and '700 hp 3 liter' don't seem to jive. Thank you for the personal insults. :D

Have a great weekend. Reading car mags/watching you tube. I live in the real world, and HAVE made 2liter cars dyno 380 wheel hp. Do it, then tell me that 700hp is either EASY, or requires MINIMAL work.

EDIT - I don't at all dispute this. Never did.
Addressing fuel delivery, air (in & out) and weight and proper tuning and you can have a really awesome ride.
Addressing air delivery will not give you a 225% hp gain. Unless by 'addressing' you mean "boosting the shit out of'.
700hp is 'put you in the seat so hard that your chest begins to compress' Took a ride in exactly 1 car my whole life that was 700hp. 9 seconds and 160mph later, it was over. No, I didn't drive it. Yes, it was trailered to/from the track.

whodair

Veteran
picture.php
1980 accord "disco" sedan, 72hp, pussy magnet

Illinoise - Here is what you said.

You said MINIMAL work.
You said EASILY.

Those phrases and '700 hp 3 liter' don't seem to jive. Thank you for the personal insults. :D

Have a great weekend. Reading car mags/watching you tube. I live in the real world, and HAVE made 2liter cars dyno 380 wheel hp. Do it, then tell me that 700hp is either EASY, or requires MINIMAL work.

blah blah blah
:deadhorse

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I can read the times on the slip.

What do you drive, Illin? Have you ever put a car on a dyno? Have you ever spent months and G's on the car only to put it back on the dyno and be THRILLED that the power stays flat, and could give a shit about the peak #? Taken the same unpainted POS to the strip, and cleaned up? Have em tell you that if you go much faster you will have to put a cage in the car? :D

talk talk talk. Like the growers w/o a grow...

I GUARANTEE I've spent 2x' the amount of time under a car as you. And that's if you are old like me.

BTW, I drive a 20 y/o accord, and the project right now is a 71 Vega Wagon (305). I'd like to get it under 13 seconds on pump gas and street tires. What are you building/racing?

Collie Man

So my friend comes to pick me up the other day...look out the window and I dont see him...low and behold he was in his new 07 Subaru Sti....i literally shit my pants!!! His dad brought him the car as a gift because he just finished law school. Let me tell you this car...hands down is my FAVORITE car ever! Your the main attraction on the road when you drive it. Its a mean and loud and fast as hell!!! SUBARUS are the sickest car! I will own one sometime in my life for sure!!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea my brother owns a 05 WRX with black leather, he got his girlfriend to dump about 5 grand into it for a JL system, exhaust, tune up, suspension, etc.

i used to be into rice rockets and sooping up cars, but my line of work makes me drive boring, undescript cars. I drive a toyota HIGHlander everyday, its my moms old car. i dont complain because its totally paid off and i dont have to pay shit.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I butcher your logon because I have no respect for you. I read ok.

People who throw out phrases like "700hp" like they are nothing are people who say things like "2lb plant" like it's nothing. You heard that it could be done, so you feel like you are the guy to go see about it. If you ever built a 700hp ANYTHING (yeah, start with something easy, the 6liter in the suburban) I would be kissing your ass. It's out of respect for the people that understand what kind of effort goes into "700hp". You have no clue. It is easy to print in a mag/show on youtube.

Go tell a grower that a Heavy yielding selection is great platform if they want to "easily" get to 2lb plants, or with "minimal effort".

Ill-in-noise.... Have a good weekend. See you at the track. Bring cash.