What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

just blew 8000$

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
WHO wants to race!!!!:nanana:
picture.php

C6H6

Yes, but that's what makes a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio engine fun....It's ineffiency :D

I'm all about that 4-Stroke....

yea then throw in a massive compression ratio and long stroke. that fun

now your all about the 4-Stroke or 4 cylinder? there are alotta 4 strokes out there, even heard of ducati is working on a 6 stroke which was way trippy the way it worked, see if i can dig up the article.

personally though ill take those big ass american engines from that wonderfull time before emmissions and EGR valves and NOx were known. fucking smog monkeys

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
yea then throw in a massive compression ratio and long stroke. that fun

now your all about the 4-Stroke or 4 cylinder? there are alotta 4 strokes out there, even heard of ducati is working on a 6 stroke which was way trippy the way it worked, see if i can dig up the article.

personally though ill take those big ass american engines from that wonderfull time before emmissions and EGR valves and NOx were known. fucking smog monkeys

Nah man, I was referring to the stages of the stroke like you mentioned in your post :D intake/compression/ignition/exhaust.....I'm a big block guy.....go big or go home. :joint:

Speaking of innovations, I had a Mazda rotary apart way back when.....pretty cool engine Mr. Wankel designed.

C6H6

Maybe you can ask Courtney Green out of SLC utah how he got 600whp out of his uni-body 4 cylinder DAILY DRIVEN civic, douche bag.

what he fails to mention is that he can pull his engine out of his car in a day by himself, strip it down, replace rod bearings, thrust bearings, rings ect, hone the cylinders, and have the fucker back in the car and running in a weekend. now let me explain cuz you obviously dont know what you talking about. anyone who has THAT kind of knoledge is not going drive their car daily at 600 whp because that would mean he rebuilds his engine probably more often then he changes his oil. see the deffinition of metal fatigue....
what he more then likely does is have a pre existing fule map for street driving, which turns down the boost, changes the AFR closer to the stoic point, WHICH means less power probably 300- 350hp. 600 hp on a 4 banger engine EVERY DAY is asking for trouble all of hondas engines that i know of, are sleeved aluminium: light weight but does have other problems especially when they get too hot. see when you gennerating 600 hp at the wheels you dumping in a lot of fule and mixing it with a lot of air which is producing a lot of heat and if hes driving out in utah....WHOA! can anyone say blow head gasket.
now illnillinois, pay attention, its not nice to call names notice how i managed to type and entire reply with calling you anything except a putz, which is what you are.

C6H6

Nah man, I was referring to the stages of the stroke like you mentioned in your post :D intake/compression/ignition/exhaust.....I'm a big block guy.....go big or go home. :joint:

Speaking of innovations, I had a Mazda rotary apart way back when.....pretty cool engine Mr. Wankel designed.

rotary scares me. i know how they work though and yea pretty freaking cool indeed.

now for something a little more relivant may i present you with the 6-stroke isovolumetric engine

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/techcafe.jhtml?artID=11&detail=article&part=general

and just cuz i like big engines

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/

now illnillinois, pay attention, its not nice to call names notice how i managed to type and entire reply with calling you anything except a putz, which is what you are.
Nope didn't notice.
Funny you preach about it not being nice to call names, but YOU cannot even resist the chance to call me a name.

pot calling the kettle black.

Did i say he was running 50lbs of boost all day? Nope.
Your right, aluminum is what Honda gives you to work with, Thats why they RE-SLEEVE them.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Noise, STOP.

C6H6 - That is possibly the coolest link that I've seen EVER on ICmag. My night just got booked.

EDIT - Now if Ducati could just BUILD a 4 stroke that doesn't piss oil... :D
But that is an amazing concept - No spark advance...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Love those rotaries, smoothest powerband imaginable (though it's my opinion that the VW 3.2 VR6's are close). Gotta say though, the idea of one side of the engine having heat applied (almost) constantly makes me leery of ever actually owning one. Especially the way I drive. They would be GREAT the first 50,000 miles, though.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
I love rotaries
Even more, I love the FD RX7
I want to get one that's beat and do the following.
-Strip out a little more for weight
-Throw in a cage/add some nice crossmembers
-yank out the wankel and fab mounts for an SR20DET
-Build up SR20DEt with complete bottom and top end +medium sized turbo to push ~300 at the wheels (little bigger than a 'disco potato' size...read SCC anyone?), full ceramic coatings
-Mount SR20DET and 6spd tranny with either modded side mount IC to maintain quick boost response or nice FMIC
-set up a solid suspension
-lightweight forged rims for performance/deep dish gunmetal spokes w/ polished lip
-paint either gunmetal, black, or super dark blue
-no wing

I kinda like what I see with the FDs with LS1s in them too. Maintain a lot of the lightweight attributes with the alu. block and the short engine block keeps the center of mass centered pretty well for handling consistent with the 2 rotor

or get a baddass 71 or 72 Datsun 510 and do the same SR20DET treatment

O I dream

dopeshow

Why is everyone all about power power power make it go real fast real straight? If I saw 9 second civic I wouldn't hesitate in two seconds to offer a pink slip race down Tail of the Dragon or on a course. I understand the appreciation of the technology that goes into the motors and the transmissions and putting the power to the pavement...and I've done the turbo and a2w and PFC thing and it's great fun. But what a waste man, really. I don't want to insult anyone but the crowd that throws 10s of thousands into cars so they can blow it up on a drag strip never made sense to me... unless they were retired Engineers or big time shop owners or something. I know some of you guys might think I'm wacky but there is a point where power becomes a hindrance... the happy place with the hp numbers, suspension, frame, braking, and drivetrain is where the magic happens.

Doesn't anyone like the twisties anymore? Any fans of SCCA events?

Who wants to talk suspension? :nanana:

I love rotaries
Even more, I love the FD RX7
I want to get one that's beat and do the following.
-Strip out a little more for weight
-Throw in a cage/add some nice crossmembers
-yank out the wankel and fab mounts for an SR20DET
-Build up SR20DEt with complete bottom and top end +medium sized turbo to push ~300 at the wheels (little bigger than a 'disco potato' size...read SCC anyone?), full ceramic coatings
-Mount SR20DET and 6spd tranny with either modded side mount IC to maintain quick boost response or nice FMIC
-set up a solid suspension
-lightweight forged rims for performance/deep dish gunmetal spokes w/ polished lip
-paint either gunmetal, black, or super dark blue
-no wing

I kinda like what I see with the FDs with LS1s in them too. Maintain a lot of the lightweight attributes with the alu. block and the short engine block keeps the center of mass centered pretty well for handling consistent with the 2 rotor

or get a baddass 71 or 72 Datsun 510 and do the same SR20DET treatment

O I dream

srfd.jpg

Here's a mutt.
FD3S w/LS1
front_angle.jpg

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
nice ill.

My favorite is the fd3s with 2jz-gte transplant. but the weight distribution on that is horrendous with the longblock and I think you have to kick the firewall back a little....though I may be mistaken on that part.

The LS1s seem to be completely opposite of what the RX7 was about, but from what I've read, they just perform great.

the gold one is a nice example. love the deep dishes on that. the red one seems like it could either be a street car or an undercover track superstar. Neither have converted JDM headlights though......what a disappointment..........I'd still drive them though :D

Anyone else like JDM Toyota Chasers withthe 2jz-gte in them? i wouldn't mind that car a bit. And when is Mitsubishi gonna import the EVO in wagon form? I need a sleeper

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
mmmm
that just looks...oh, so sexy

I see you found one with the right headlights.

any idea what size turbos those are?

Needs to wrap the downtube.
I wonder if that's the only one that's been converted.........pretty sure I read the article on that one back a few years ago (maybe more than a few?)

too bad they pulled off the tiebar for the pic (or don't have one if its a show car)

Its not like its a drag car though......otherwise they woulda slapped on a single turbo. The twins max out at 600 or 700 at the wheels, but have that quicker spool up. Maybe more power if the bottom end is built really well.

I almost feel bad for hijacking the thread........but i feel this is more a continuation.......and now its back to the same era of cars.

NSX next anyone? just read about some guy pullin ~650hp out of one of those with a built turbo

O, and what about a Datsun 510 with a 13B-REW in there converted to single turbo pushin 350 out. That'd be a fun little thing. especially stripped out you could get it down to 1800-2100 Lbs probably

ewww the NSX is ONE SEXY car.
I remember back in the day, the year before the NSX was released it spotted a white NSX and a White Corvette touring I-15 in utah. I followed the two for about 15 minutes (70mph) trying to figure out what in the hell i was following.

nsx-wallpaper.jpg

turp_0403_01_z+aem_honda_civic_pro_drag+side_view.jpg

Here's the AEM civic, they are running a twin-turbo NSX C30A 3.0-liter V6.
and pulling:
6.711 @ 207.46
6.748 @ 206.23
6.775 @ 206.46