What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indiana Bubblegum

JetLife175

Veteran
Did Adam Dunn say that he was given different pheno's by this grower from Indiana in the story? I'll have to find the podcast. I just read that Nevil thought it was a BB x Skunk x NL5 or something like that from his seed stock.

MrKushman247

Bubblegum was created by the late great icmag member Silverback (rip) and crew.
He told me it was created in the cornfeilds of Indiana and Kentucky. Was a collaborative effort between his family circle in kentucky with a mexican they had and Bikers from Oakland who brought an Afghani.
So by his story its a Mexican x Afghani.

I totally believed him because he was the most humble , helpful guy this site ever had. No reason to lie and never made this public knowledge because he was no bragger or seeking some sort of acknowledgement. Then eventually it was brought to the mainstream later on ....
Silverback and crew made it, I'll stand on that. Not Th seeds or serious seeds...

LostTribe

Premium user
He told me it was created in the cornfeilds of Indiana and Kentucky. Was a collaborative effort between his family circle in kentucky with a mexican they had and Bikers from Oakland who brought an Afghani.

I totally believed him because he was the most humble , helpful guy this site ever had. No reason to lie and never made this public knowledge because he was no bragger or seeking some sort of acknowledgement. Then eventually it was brought to the mainstream later on ....
Silverback and crew made it, I'll stand on that. Not Th seeds or serious seeds...
I saw mention of Silverback yesterday aswell. Thanks for the input!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thats great! I remember seeing Silverback's posts, but I didn't realize he was part of creating Indiana Bubblegum!

Do you know if they did the breeding outdoors? If so it may be acclimated a little better for the region. :smoke:

Made a hybrid of THSeeds and Serious Seeds stock from about 10 years ago. Am very pleased with the way it turned out, much better than either one by itself. It smells more like real pink bubblegum than the parents also.
This is a photo from a customer.

Attachments

• Bubblegum 2 cust. 2.2.png
    Bubblegum 2 cust. 2.2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 43

JetLife175

Veteran

I don't think Dunn ever claimed to have created it. That he got the beans and made them available to the public.

Mexi x Affie?

I have a lot of experience with said cross. I know selection plays a key part but of all the beans I have popped of said cross I've never found bubblegum.

Any idea what Mexican was used?

Munson

Veteran
I think Dunn said he got the beans from Victor(Grey Area) that he collected from weed he was getting called “chewing gum” because it could stick under tables. Probably Silverbacks bubblegum

Kentucky71

An old grower in Kentucky told me a story one time of some guys taking a bike ride to Texas and getting Michoacán buds from there and bringing them back and crossing with afghani cause of the mold issues they started having.

Rgd

Veteran
in the 90’s i tasted. true double bubble clone bud....think it came from Holland

not only did it taste exactly like Bazookah Joe gum
it had a good buzz..
I have tried csi IBG..so fat I got a berry smelling plant withsimiular structure and good buzz

but NO bubble gum..maybe need more phenos

also the IBG were two separate phenos one was quite sativa and lower smelling but admit I did not grow that one out since the more wld one smelled more..and I was after "that “ bubblegum smell

LostTribe

Premium user
The Phish kids in STL mostly from SLU that were getting the good Trinity also had the IBG. Only time I ever saw any was when they'd come to town to visit one of my buddies for the weekend. It smelled and tasted exactly like pink chewing gum and was a delight. Just waiting on my next round of cuts to root. Working on reset and nearly out of trim jail. The mom is very happy and growing very nicely.

troutman

Seed Whore
:giggle:

Just started my Bubblegum pheno hunt using 2 strains both have "Indiana Bubblegum"
in their pedigree. That's the main phenotype I'll be searching for and selecting to go on
with.

- Jilly Bean Bubblegum by Mz Jill Genetics.
- Strawberry Fields by Crockett Family Farms.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
no ones offered me that cut yet...cough cough lol

but i got some seeds i need to test for seedmafia. what am i looking for in comparison to the clone? bubblegum flavor yes yes...what about the smell and look of plant? how will i know?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
That is accurate to one side of her story. Look up Adam Dunn bubblegum. That is called the Dunn cut now according to my research. Here in her old country she was created in Evansville Indiana in 1971 by a person which I have no connection to or right to mention though I wish I could have known of them before their passing. I heard of her through an old dead end of her grapevine. (That cutting was lost, and I heard stories of the trippiest stone anyone had a hand on ever.) Then my research began. I believe that the bubblegum from Evansville who is known as Indiana Bubblegum was a clone only creation; or selection. At least that is what I have been told from various sources seperately. The seeds found must've possibly been an early accidental feminization or pollination perhaps that I don't know the story of and is my only speculation in this story. The rest is based on much research. I still have yet to even see any. Sorry if this is a late, long-winded reply.
i only smoked it once and its still in my top 3 and i been wanting more ever since. it took me 30 minutes to type out one sentence on my phone as i walked a mile to my house. it was like being on acid a little. damn screen wouldnt stop moving around.

Alpenglow

:giggle:

Just started my Bubblegum pheno hunt using 2 strains both have "Indiana Bubblegum"
in their pedigree. That's the main phenotype I'll be searching for and selecting to go on
with.

- Jilly Bean Bubblegum by Mz Jill Genetics.
- Strawberry Fields by Crockett Family Farms.
Sounds like a plan!
Happy hunting! Hope you will find a keeper or two in those packs. Will you make seeds with them or just hunting for a mother?

Latest posts

Latest posts