What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indiana Bubblegum

Tynehead Tom

got a pretty good collection of Bog Bubble F2 as well.... these were all reproduced last year from original packs. Thanx to cartwright and cyr_grow
So many seeds, so little time LOL

BOG Bubble (2023) - Copy.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
This cut appears legit, however it was one of a few that came in a set which happend to test positive. I was going to toss them, but theyre in a totally different spot, so I decided to let them have one go at it.

None of my clean mom's have been exposed to these. I'll post up if they start budding, its been over 2w and I have some pistils starting to shoot.

troutman

Seed Whore
Today is day one of 12/12 and my plants were cloned yesterday.
Two of my Strawberry Fields even have sticky stems before the
12/12 is started. This Jillybean Bubblegum plant below has
nice double serrations leaves. This will be fun smoking
when it's all done.

Jillybean Bubblegum​

full

Jillybean Bubblegum Leaf​

full

CharlesU Farley

I'm not posting this to cause controversy, piss anybody off, troll, etc. but purely for historical/informational purposes. I don't have a dog in this fight, I've never smoked or know anything about the varietal Bubblegum, except for knowing that's what BOG's genetics are based on, I heard it was originally from Indiana, and being a Kentucky boy there's nothing worse than anything coming from Hoosierland. 😂 :LOL: 😂

That being said, I've been doing an exceedingly deep dive into the written history of Northern Lights to make sure I haven't missed anything in previous searches, and this post from another forum immediately came to mind.

I know he is an exceedingly controversial / incendiary individual on this forum, and I'm trying to tread lightly here, but here's what Nevil Schonemaker thought about Bubblegum:

Nevil
Breeder

Bubblegum
The history of its development in the US, however, is not known.

" It wasn't developed in the US. That's just the standard bullshit these boys put out to avoid admitting that it was pure Seed Bank stock.
The original BG was nice. I believe that it was a Big Bud Skunk X Nl5 SK cross. Later inbreedings, produced an inferior product.
I don't know about Silverback, but I do know my strains. Critical Mass, also comes from the BBSK line. Try crossing it to NL5SK, the result may burst a bubble.
N."

Again, I _so_ don't have a dog in this fight and I'm not trying to stir up shit. This is strictly for historical purposes and believe it or not, the history of cannabis does matter, as long as it's being written by the people who actually did the _work_.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm not posting this to cause controversy, piss anybody off, troll, etc. but purely for historical/informational purposes. I don't have a dog in this fight, I've never smoked or know anything about the varietal Bubblegum, except for knowing that's what BOG's genetics are based on, I heard it was originally from Indiana, and being a Kentucky boy there's nothing worse than anything coming from Hoosierland. 😂 :LOL: 😂

That being said, I've been doing an exceedingly deep dive into the written history of Northern Lights to make sure I haven't missed anything in previous searches, and this post from another forum immediately came to mind.

I know he is an exceedingly controversial / incendiary individual on this forum, and I'm trying to tread lightly here, but here's what Nevil Schonemaker thought about Bubblegum:

Nevil
Breeder

Bubblegum

" It wasn't developed in the US. That's just the standard bullshit these boys put out to avoid admitting that it was pure Seed Bank stock.
The original BG was nice. I believe that it was a Big Bud Skunk X Nl5 SK cross. Later inbreedings, produced an inferior product.
I don't know about Silverback, but I do know my strains. Critical Mass, also comes from the BBSK line. Try crossing it to NL5SK, the result may burst a bubble.
N."

Again, I _so_ don't have a dog in this fight and I'm not trying to stir up shit. This is strictly for historical purposes and believe it or not, the history of cannabis does matter, as long as it's being written by the people who actually did the _work_.
I linked the history, it was created by an oldtimer that was posting and is 40 some years old today. Its lineage lies within these pages look for my link.

CharlesU Farley

I linked the history, it was created by an oldtimer that was posting and is 40 some years old today. Its lineage lies within these pages look for my link.
Happened to notice the title in the New Posts section, just read that quote a week or two ago and thought it was appropriate. Like I said, don't have a dog in the fight and don't have time to dive into the entire thread.

Didn't mean to piss anybody off, I know his name invokes strong responses, just thought it was historically appropriate.

goingrey

Silverback?

I remember him and he was a very prominent member but don't recall ever taking credit for it or even talking about it much. His top strain seems to have been Dr Atomic's BBxNL, also grew a lot of Mandala #1. I see in 2008 he was growing Sour Bubble but yeah... Then after his death someone else comes says oh yeah he was the breeder of Bubblegum.. Not so sure that it can be taken as 100% fact. Also isn't the famous "Indiana Bubblegum" a cut of Serious Seeds' Bubblegum according to many?

MrKushman247

Silverback?

I remember him and he was a very prominent member but don't recall ever taking credit for it or even talking about it much. His top strain seems to have been Dr Atomic's BBxNL, also grew a lot of Mandala #1. I see in 2008 he was growing Sour Bubble but yeah... Then after his death someone else comes says oh yeah he was the breeder of Bubblegum.. Not so sure that it can be taken as 100% fact. Also isn't the famous "Indiana Bubblegum" a cut of Serious Seeds' Bubblegum according to many?
First off nobody said he selected the Indiana bubble gum clone. I said he developed the seedline bubblegum. He told me this in PM. The reason you never heard this story is because he didn't want the heat of being known as the guy who created bubblegum as where he was from( Kentucky) could lead to his arrest. He wasn't a bragger and was the most humble and helpful guy this site ever had til his death. He was my good online friend . He gave me bubblegum and killer new haven seeds. I sprouted the Killer new haven seeds found a really nice plant, i ended up crossing that plant to freezeland. When I eventually tried to pop the bubblegum seeds unfortunately they didn't sprout.

Nothing I said was hearsay it came directly from his words to me. I have no bone In this fight I could care less about bubblegum i dont grow it , never have grown it,But I will tell people exactly what he told me. Believe it, don't believe it, it makes no difference to me. Afghani x Mexican was the genetics he told me. It was developed In the cornfields of Indiana and Kentucky.
He was an honest dude If he told me that, then in my mind it's true. But again it's not my job to convince anyone, I could care less about this topic, I just wanted to get the story I was told out there.

tricloud

Nevil
Breeder

Bubblegum

N."

Bubblegum might be part afghani but I don't see northern lights or Big Bud in this, They are both skunky but have zero sweetness.

The story about being afghani crossed to mexican makes much more sense although Indiana BG grows much like an afghani.

I believe the "strain" was probably developed from bag seed in Indiana like the story goes.

Last edited:

tricloud

First off nobody said he selected the Indiana bubble gum clone. I said he developed the seedline bubblegum. He told me this in PM. The reason you never heard this story is because he didn't want the heat of being known as the guy who created bubblegum as where he was from( Kentucky) could lead to his arrest. He wasn't a bragger and was the most humble and helpful guy this site ever had til his death. He was my good online friend . He gave me bubblegum and killer new haven seeds. I sprouted the Killer new haven seeds found a really nice plant, i ended up crossing that plant to freezeland. When I eventually tried to pop the bubblegum seeds unfortunately they didn't sprout.

Nothing I said was hearsay it came directly from his words to me. I have no bone In this fight I could care less about bubblegum i dont grow it , never have grown it,But I will tell people exactly what he told me. Believe it, don't believe it, it makes no difference to me. Afghani x Mexican was the genetics he told me. It was developed In the cornfields of Indiana and Kentucky.
He was an honest dude If he told me that, then in my mind it's true. But again it's not my job to convince anyone, I could care less about this topic, I just wanted to get the story I was told out there.
This story makes sense to me, I always thought BG had afghani in it by it's structure. Some Mexican strains are sweet which also fits into the story.