What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember

gobbler3447

I shot dice with some black kids on the ground at the back of a black honky tonk. Owned by a great uncle, caught by Grandma, who whipped my ass with a switch all the way home and then Mom tore my skinny ass up again. never gave up a few days later back "gamblin" again.. A few years later those guys, shared weed from God knows where. And who would have thought all that led to me still smoking weed, listening to Blues and "gamblin" all this in Mississippi. Remembering on a prom committee voting to have the first black band, who would have considered this, except those of who loved R&B music in the early 60's Mississippi. Anyone else remember "Shootin' dice"

EsterEssence

Veteran
When my eyes could focus on small objects. I got a usb camera to take pics of my dry sift, and can't tell if it is in focus.

SirSteely

I remember Thai Stick. it was a stick with a bud on it held together with a string of hemp fiber...you unwrapped the string and removed a bud... That shit HAD to be treated with opium...because your brain left your head on the first toke

We had Thai Stick in the mid 80s too. Definitely was laced with liquid opium, as one or two tokes would put you in a dream for 6-8 hours. We had two varieties.. The red ribbon and the gold ribbon sticks. These were reputed to come from Jamaica at the time. Basically a Rasta version of the original. It was a small hollow bamboo stick wrapped in seedless dried laced buds and tied together with dyed hemp stalk fibers. Tasted like sweet spicy pepper when smoked. They were really addictive and we didnt realize we were smoking opium for the first few days we were smoking the sticks,lol. Those were the days...........

We had Thai Stick in the mid 80s too. Definitely was laced with liquid opium, as one or two tokes would put you in a dream for 6-8 hours. We had two varieties.. The red ribbon and the gold ribbon sticks. These were reputed to come from Jamaica at the time. Basically a Rasta version of the original. It was a small hollow bamboo stick wrapped in seedless dried laced buds and tied together with dyed hemp stalk fibers. Tasted like sweet spicy pepper when smoked. They were really addictive and we didnt realize we were smoking opium for the first few days we were smoking the sticks,lol. Those were the days...........

ah the good old central park days

i could get panama red with no trouble

i dont care what anyone says the 80 was the shit for quality central/south american weed

Opium is red & sticky.
I smoked loads of Thai Stick in the early 80s. Most of it VERY potent, but no opium on it. No red, sticky residue on it at all.

Oh sure, the dealers would claim it had been "opium-ated" but it was a lie. In fact, sometimes the Thai had white stuff on it and the dealers claimed IT was opium...but it was fucken mould, Jack!

Fact is, Thai weed was extremely potent without any opium on it. The strongest variety I smoked was called Blond Buddha Thai. 2-hit shit, that was. No, seriously! 2 hits and you knew you had better back off or risk getting the spins & puking. That variety was never around for long because it sold out super fast. Best smelling & tasting pot I ever had. Truly exotic.

But if you say the Thai you smoked had a red, sticky substance on it, then I'll take your word for it. You was a lucky dog!

My Uncle was in the Vietnam War and he said he had smoked some opium-ated Thai over there...and Lady Finger hash mixed with opium...so I don't doubt its existence...but I never encountered it in the San Francisco Bay Area...and I was pretty well connected in those days. But so be it!

gekolite

I first saw thai sticks in the early 70's, the best weed available back then, I think they were 10 to 15 per stick, I cannot believe they are not available today, what a market they would have. (no opium).

SirSteely

Opium is red & sticky.
I smoked loads of Thai Stick in the early 80s. Most of it VERY potent, but no opium on it. No red, sticky residue on it at all.

Oh sure, the dealers would claim it had been "opium-ated" but it was a lie. In fact, sometimes the Thai had white stuff on it and the dealers claimed IT was opium...but it was fucken mould, Jack!

Fact is, Thai weed was extremely potent without any opium on it. The strongest variety I smoked was called Blond Buddha Thai. 2-hit shit, that was. No, seriously! 2 hits and you knew you had better back off or risk getting the spins & puking. That variety was never around for long because it sold out super fast. Best smelling & tasting pot I ever had. Truly exotic.

But if you say the Thai you smoked had a red, sticky substance on it, then I'll take your word for it. You was a lucky dog!

My Uncle was in the Vietnam War and he said he had smoked some opium-ated Thai over there...and Lady Finger hash mixed with opium...so I don't doubt its existence...but I never encountered it in the San Francisco Bay Area...and I was pretty well connected in those days. But so be it!

I never claimed they were they "original" Thai Stick. The MJ that was used was no doubt Jamacian sativa and was informed that these were a Rasta's version.
I would never say that it had "red" sticky substance on it. It was more like a dark caramel or syrup type coating that was thicker at times than others. It dried into a very hard crystallized "dark" bud and sometimes was on the fibers it was wrapped in,like it had been sprayed on after wrapped. This was in the Jaxsonville FL area early to mid 80s. Was it really opium??? It ended me in rehab after I hoarded 4 sticks to myself and smoked only the sticks for 3 weeks straight before I ran out. I was dopesick,had a hard 5 days detoxing and did over 30 days in recovery for opiates. I was cured forever of any interest in opiates of any type after that. I was so glad to get home to some nice weed and my weekly episode of Miami Vice.........

Just for the record. The naval ship yards in Fl in the 80s were the source for all of the wonderful exotic weeds I was privy to in my youth. I am more familiar with imports and didnt have access to what was being grown domestically on the west coast. So I think your lucky! Peace

sutra1

I remember vacuum tube testing machines in grocery stores. Used to play with them while my mom went through check out..............

ydijadoit

Thai stick...Had it one time in 1988. I never saw the bud, was just handed the pipe, and told that's what it was.
I've never been that high before or since. Blacked out, woke up naked in my bed, next to the hottest girl in my class. Apparently too fucked up to do anything about it. (Or if I did, I don't remember it. Shame either way!)
Several friends told me I wandered out of my room earlier in the night, back to the party that was still going on, in nothing but my tighty-whitey's, and stood there talking to people...
My eyes were so red the next AM, I thought they were bleeding.
No other experiences with opium-laced weed, does that sound like the stuff??

I never claimed they were they "original" Thai Stick. The MJ that was used was no doubt Jamacian sativa and was informed that these were a Rasta's version.

I would never say that it had "red" sticky substance on it. It was more like a dark caramel or syrup type coating that was thicker at times than others. It dried into a very hard crystallized "dark" bud and sometimes was on the fibers it was wrapped in,like it had been sprayed on after wrapped. This was in the Jaxsonville FL area early to mid 80s. Was it really opium??? It ended me in rehab after I hoarded 4 sticks to myself and smoked only the sticks for 3 weeks straight before I ran out. I was dopesick,had a hard 5 days detoxing and did over 30 days in recovery for opiates.

I was cured forever of any interest in opiates of any type after that. I was so glad to get home to some nice weed and my weekly episode of Miami Vice.........

Just for the record. The naval ship yards in Fl in the 80s were the source for all of the wonderful exotic weeds I was privy to in my youth. I am more familiar with imports and didnt have access to what was being grown domestically on the west coast. So I think your lucky! Peace

Are you sure it wasn't PCP? AKA Crystal? AKA Ozone Green? AKA Zoom?

Addiction to opiates and the necessity to detox usually takes a few months...I'm not saying you weren't "dopesick"...Anyone who has spent weeks smoking Angel Dusted Weed is definitely gonna be quite sick enough to need 30 days to come back to earth...

I am assuming they tested your blood and confirmed the presence of opiates?

That must've been some fun shit to smoke if it was opium-ated weed because you kept smoking it for three weeks and only needed rehab because you ran out!:laughing:

I mean, if smoking it had been a terrible experience you would not have kept smoking it, right? So it must've been a primo high.

:blowbubbles:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heard some of the thai stick was opiated with water that was used in making heroin. A byproduct of the process. Think it was rare though.

The Thai was grown by mountain tribes, not the regular city folks. Mexico had the same thing, the Indians or indigenous people would have the best strains up in the mountains.

I smoked a few hits of so called thai and got a decent buzz. Got a stick of it once and before I could smoke it, the police got it. First and last time they got my stash. Drunk off my ass.

Latest posts

Latest posts