What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember

I remember, Pot from Mexico. Not the swag. The good pot. Ya I'm that old. And Columbia.Pueta Valarta, and all the other places I can't spell. Use to go down there and party on the beach and fish. Use to buy rockets that looked like a toilet paper tube tied on to a stick. They went up and exploded and you would feel the ground move.Just daydreaming again.Best food, all gone now. I would not go down there with an army now. Best wishes from so cali.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yeah, the gold or redbud. can remember buddies saying (about redbud) "man, i aint EVER payin' $35 an oz for no damned weed!":laughing: same fellows buy worse weed for $400 or more a pop now...oddly, gas was about 32 cents a gallon then, now its 3.23 down the street here...

K

KSP

Anyone ever hang out along the Gulf Coast of Mexico? Not the touristy places, but just normal everyday Mexico? Jut wondering what that is like, I would appreciate hearing that from people that know.

Oh yeah, I remember that Mexican weed too :)

Bruja64

Memories

Memories

My very first smoke was back in '77---Acapulco Gold. Knocked my ass to the curb for about 7 hours! Of course I smoked a huge doobie and held each toke for everything it was worth.
Ah! Memories. I was 15(I think) at the time.

But, now I grow my own for medicinal purposes. Ironic isn't it?

:tumbleweed: Namaste

G

guest121295

Beam me back...please!:)I know how those huge loads used to flow into SoCal, some garbage too, but also some surprises....

Oh man, I dont care what anyone says. Went hitchiking and freight hoppin through mexico a few years ago and never had a problem finding good weed.

My favourite spots were oaxaca and another spot along the gulf. Found some awesome bud and chocolate in that region. No idea what the strains were but other than a few seeds they were great. One time i met a grower and for about 5 dollars he gave me two big foot long colas wrapped in newspaper and shared some homemade mescal with me.

Had alot of fun down there my biggest problem wasnt finding weed it was finding papers lol. Mexico is an amazing place wish i could have stayed longer. had about $400 and spent about 2 months cruizing around. Hitchiking through there was a trip for sure. Id say though my favourite part was the end. Ran outta money and was doing odd jobs helping out for a few bucks here and there getting by. Imagine working a full day and only making $10 bucks. Anyways was in chiapas and ended up hopping the freights with immigrants from central and south america. Passing through the mexican countryside. from chiapas to Guadalajara. We all drank and smoked and ate good food on the trip sitting on the tops of freight cars. That was amazing for sure. Mexico is fun and the people there know how to have a good time. i'm sure there is alot of shwag along the border. I was happy with everything i found.

CannadianCream

the first some was so called purple skunk .. it was purple and it did smell like a skunk .. i remember my dad lookin all over the house for what smelled so bad .. 1984 was a good year lol after that summer it was on ever since then .. i remember going to central park and getting some real dank red weed called panama red weather it was or not but it was good and sticky .. ahh the good old days of not noing anything but i was high as hell .. got to say a bag of that red was 80 a zip back then .. oh yeh forgot about the lambs breath that was awsome to .. got to say the weed back them was just as good as todays chronic ..

ss ..

C

chase

I remember when they sold nickel , & dime bags .I remember what pre 96 mexi,s felt like , they will be missed.

kongbud

I actually boycotted pot during the early eighties when they went from $40 to $50. I had had enough and quit pot......I lasted a week.

Buddle

Veteran
I remember those times too. Fellow friends/smokers were amazed when the weed went from 40- 45 a zip.The 45 stuff was Columbian Gold and/or Panama Red. Smaller sativa, tight buds with lots of seeds.
The roach from a doobie of CG tasted like Honey oil. Honey oil was a light amber pink color.Came in small plastic vials for 30/ gm..Potent delicious stuff..

Cartel530

Veteran
Using your can opener to open the peach cans. My mom always said it was some fire not the schwag. Helps having family down there