What's new

Shiva Grows

GreenestBasterd

1714345795353.jpeg

The king of nuts…
Not as cheap as finding them over the park as kid, but just as delicious!

shiva82

Could you not just make large amounts of thermophilic compost, in turn, killing the weed seeds as it heats up or it’s a weedy bed they’re in?
You ever done blue sapphire’s or purple Congo’s?
They can be a bit chalky but look wicked on the plate. View attachment 18994863 View attachment 18994865
View attachment 18994867
The spud protector!!
we could and do , but even protected seeds are flying everywhere here and some of the weeds like the court grasses are near impossible to kill off . even after being composted , a dead piece of that grass takes root . its a fucker

shiva82

i found 1 m2 raised beds , plastic with drainage holes for 10 pound , so i bought a couple of those to fill with screened clean compost as a luxury ..... 250 litres to fill each one .

most my seeds are germinating fine . the only issues i have had were with one pack of the f1 sungolds[ these must be f2s or cross pollinated as they are mutating and low germ rates compared to the branded packet i germed , that are perfectly fine , and the other low germ rate were for the indian chilli. i don't eat loads of hot chillis , so i ordered 5 thai chilli plug plants , as replacements or substitutes for the low germ rate of the seeds, and that is plenty , one plant for each of us at the farm . i'm growing maybe 16 -24 sweet peppers though as we all enjoy those regular

shiva82

just picked up 12 x 50 litres bags of multipurpose potting soil for 40 quid . best deal around i could find . will keep me busy and weedfree happy for a period . not that cost effective , but a more abundant harvest

shiva82

north face windowsill clones still fine . should show roots anyday now . non direct light , warm and increasing daylengths . as soon as they root they will go under 20 hours veg cycle. if these were on the southfacing side unrooted , they would be probably yellow by now

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

goingrey

north face windowsill clones still fine . should show roots anyday now . non direct light , warm and increasing daylengths . as soon as they root they will go under 20 hours veg cycle. if these were on the southfacing side unrooted , they would be probably yellow by now
My windowsill clones are... yet to be taken hehe. Well, might as well figure out the herms first, got a second hermie CBDrelax it seems. Now the light strip power light is even duct taped up.

r2.jpg

shiva82

My windowsill clones are... yet to be taken hehe. Well, might as well figure out the herms first, got a second hermie CBDrelax it seems. Now the light strip power light is even duct taped up.

View attachment 18995037
at least you are looking and finding them early . some people pick them off and hope for the best . early intersex is more tolerable than early to mid flower i suppose too . i tend to get higher herm rates with outdoor bred seeds , untested fem seeds , heirlooms . if they reverse a winning clone that has later generational intersex tendencies , or double recessive traits when re combined ,they will only notice on the progeny or as the mother ages etc for example, although loads of variables .

hermies in fem lines, i think i would say possibly untested , and the wrong technique , timing used for reversal , or wrong plant or i could just be talking nonsense lol . imo anyway

goingrey

Hardly relaxing so far ay😉… is that 2 in the pack now?
Hehe first I thought it was funny how much more vigorous they were than the CBDenergy but seems the name is ill-fitting in more ways than one. I mean just a personal CBD grow, whatever, I'm not stressing it but it is disappointing. 2/5 hermed out so far yeah.

at least you are looking and finding them early . some people pick them off and hope for the best . early intersex is more tolerable than early to mid flower i suppose too . i tend to get higher herm rates with outdoor bred seeds , untested fem seeds , heirlooms . if they reverse a winning clone that has later generational intersex tendencies , or double recessive traits when re combined ,they will only notice on the progeny or as the mother ages etc for example, although loads of variables .

hermies in fem lines, i think i would say possibly untested , and the wrong techniqie , timing used for reversal , or wrong plant
Done the pluck and pray a couple of times in the past but at least those times my prayers weren't answered and they didn't grow out of it, just more balls later on.

shiva82

Hehe first I thought it was funny how much more vigorous they were than the CBDenergy but seems the name is ill-fitting in more ways than one. I mean just a personal CBD grow, whatever, I'm not stressing it but it is disappointing. 2/5 hermed out so far yeah.

Done the pluck and pray a couple of times in the past but at least those times my prayers weren't answered and they didn't grow out of it, just more balls later on.
got to be ruthless with them . especially small growers looking to grow for personal stash

Latest posts

Latest posts