What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I killed a rattlesnake today--

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
It was right down the street from my house, at the kid's bus stop-- I thought it was a gopher snake, so I stopped my truck, and was going to let it cross the street...then I started looking at it, and got out and walked up to it...it started buzzing...so I got back in my truck, and ran it's ass over--
Some guy behind me starts yelling at me to let it go...since I didn't hit it that well with my truck...so I walk to the other side of the street, where it had went...and this guy is still yelling at me, saying it won't hurt anyone and shit...then he got close, and it started buzzing, so he jumps back, saying holy shit, that is a rattlesnake--
icon_lol.gif

This guy says he has a speargun in his truck ( Honestly!! I couldn't make this shit up!!)...so I wonder..."WTF??" and he comes up with it, takes the spear out, and starts whacking it over the head...then stabbed it in the head-- It was pretty funny...this guy was scared as fuck of it--
icon_lol.gif

I went home, and sent Mike (my son) down to bury it...so the kids didn't find and play with it--
It is kinda early for Rattlers to be out...hope this doesn't mean a bad season...I think they kill more of my cats than coyotes--
icon_mad.gif

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I'm not one to jump on threads and be that asshole....but that sounded a little inhumane. I'm not saying there's never a situation where sad things like that have to happen, but a swift cut at the neck is the way to kill a snake. I would never do that though....unless it was truly me or the snake. I understand people wanting to protect children...I really do. Really not trying to seem like a thread dickhead...I can't stand it when when animals are killed and it's not a swift death. I'm empathic to suffering and it sucks that I jumped on here and the first thing I saw was an animal slaying.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I'm not one to jump on threads and be that asshole....but that sounded a little inhumane. I'm not saying there's never a situation where sad things like that have to happen, but a swift cut at the neck is the way to kill a snake. I would never do that though....unless it was truly me or the snake. I understand people wanting to protect children...I really do. Really not trying to seem like a thread dickhead...I can't stand it when when animals are killed and it's not a swift death. I'm empathic to suffering and it sucks that I jumped on here and the first thing I saw was an animal slaying.

Sorry hun...I didn't mean it to come off like that-- The fact that I was going to sit there in my truck and let it pass...says something about my character--
It was in my housing tract, and was also at the bus stop that many kids gather at everyday-- I had nothing to kill it quickly with, so I ran it over...but not fatally, unfortunately...so instead...I watched this incredibly funny guy try and kill this snake...then I sent my son to bury it--
Sorry...some things get it that way--

Polsevogn

That's hilarious. The guy is going all humane on you then busts out a spear gun and bludgeons it?

Will return with +K for this one.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I'm with Miss Blunted on this one. I can't put myself in your exact situation but certainly some action could've been taken without slaying 'im, it's not his fault he exists 'n stuff he was just trying to do what he does best ie maintain rattlesnake status.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Killing the snake that was around kid busstop prob
a good thing would have been worse if one of the kid's was bitten

But i would have takking it home and ate it!! waste not want not

I N H

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Killing the snake that was around kid busstop prob
a good thing would have been worse if one of the kid's was bitten

But i would have takking it home and ate it!! waste not want not

I N H

It was too scrawny to eat--
The ppl that are saying it was inhumane...keep in mind, I tried to kill the fucker quickly...but missed-- This other guy comes up with a fucking speargun...all I could do was sit back and laugh!!
C'mon...tell me any of you would have done different?? It was great!!
The snake didn't suffer as much as it sounds...I asked it about it...and it said, "My bad...didn't know it was a bus stop!!":nanana:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Sorry hun...I didn't mean it to come off like that-- The fact that I was going to sit there in my truck and let it pass...says something about my character--
It was in my housing tract, and was also at the bus stop that many kids gather at everyday-- I had nothing to kill it quickly with, so I ran it over...but not fatally, unfortunately...so instead...I watched this incredibly funny guy try and kill this snake...then I sent my son to bury it--
Sorry...some things get it that way--

I know sometimes shit just happens how it does. And I don't think you're some mean, horrible person....I know that I'm waaaayyy sensitive with animals and most people can handle those things without letting sadness overtake them.

My grandpa killed a couple of snakes in his back yard while my brother and I were playing back there....he was trying to protect his grandkids. I know you had your kiddies best interest at heart.

I pray for animals that die...and for the ones that sustain my life. Native ways.

:smoweed:

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
i saw all dogs go to heaven, so that puts my mind at ease when i see roadkill

this post may or not be serious

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I watch women at the bus-stop on some mornings (not in a muhahaha kind of way)
with their kids, one morning a feral cat wandered close by and you would think a wild coyote was stalking them by their reactions.....

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
That's hilarious. The guy is going all humane on you then busts out a spear gun and bludgeons it?

Will return with +K for this one.

that summed it up pretty well..............:laughing:

not funny an animal died or anything.
The irony of the guy/situation is what I'm laughing at, just to be clear there.

I think you did the right thing. Not that you need my approval. It was near a bus stop your kids use and, as any parent should do, you put your kids higher up than some snake that could potential hurt or kill them. animals < children

Latest posts

Latest posts