What's new

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 24 in the 3x3. Defoliated, second trellis added, and light raised to its maximum height.

bW6SPAz.jpg

UVXD8Hc.jpg

JWoGQN0.jpg

bHkFFfD.jpg

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
That's interesting, the way you corralled them in there with that second scrog. I usually start tying them down before they get to that point. I do it mostly to keep them from getting too close to the light. Also, more bud sites get really good light. They still grow UP, but I detour them vertically.

So like, if that's Day 24 for you, aren't you concerned that they're gonna get too tall and get too close to your light?
It definitely looks like you know what you're doing, I'm just curious!

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks like you will have some lovely flower soon.
A healthy thicket!
Do you think the budsites at the lower screen will receive enough light or any plans for shaving?
Nice
CC

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's interesting, the way you corralled them in there with that second scrog. I usually start tying them down before they get to that point. I do it mostly to keep them from getting too close to the light. Also, more bud sites get really good light. They still grow UP, but I detour them vertically.

So like, if that's Day 24 for you, aren't you concerned that they're gonna get too tall and get too close to your light?
It definitely looks like you know what you're doing, I'm just curious!

Yeah this was a bit of a struggle, because there were two distinct phenos and I had two of each. So I had to try overgrowing the screen a little bit just in order to give the smaller pheno enough of a presence in the flowering phase. It reinforced for me why scrogs are always best with a single seed, or with clones, but not with the potential for several phenos.

Then on top of that this strain wants to keep growing upright, no matter how horizontal I get the branches. So the second trellis is an experiment to see if I can do last minute spreading or tucking before the stretch is over. But I'm honestly not worried about them stretching much further. They've tapered off in that regard. So I'll probably be able to do some tucking and stuff. But this was an unruly garden this time around, lol. I'm going back to single-tree scrogs in here, like I did earlier on with the Honduras Breeze.

That looks like you will have some lovely flower soon.
A healthy thicket!
Do you think the budsites at the lower screen will receive enough light or any plans for shaving?
Nice
CC

I think the ones above that lower screen will be fine, yeah. I'll do another defoliation if needed, but I think the light is penetrating better now that I defoliated the one time. Everything right at or below that bottom screen will be removed soon.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I pollinated some branches in the 3x3 today. I also did a little more tucking under the top screen.

9nc4g31.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The 2x2 tent has been reset. There is a single Nepal Jam seed germinating in there now.

1mRjL86.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Did another defoliation on the Bubba Hash plants today. It is unfuckingruly in there.

Ntgduj3.jpg

mT60cC2.jpg

dp4UjMQ.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
A little update on the recent Kush x Northern Lights F2 grow...

Now that it's been several weeks I've been able to discern differences between the individual phenos, and I'm ready to discuss them for my own future reference, and for anyone else following along who might be interested.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that the very first plant I chopped, the early one, apparently didn't have as much time as it needed to ripen the seeds, because there were quite a few immature ones in there. In the second plant, chopped at 8 weeks, there were considerably fewer immature seeds, and then the last two plants had barely any worth mentioning. So I suppose I'll remember that in the future, haha.

Plant #1:

Started off with a leaf variegation/mutation, was smaller than the rest, had flexible, weak branches, barely yielded anything, but was ready at 44 days and the end result was some pretty strong flowers worth paying attention to. Aromas were very mild, but sweet, sugary, lightly fruity, and pleasant. Taste was fairly mild and transparent. The high is short-lived, but it comes on strong, mostly in the body, along with a powerful heady high that gave me paranoia the first time I vaped it. It soon levels out into a heavy, sleepy, narcotic high that, if you can fight it, goes away pretty quickly leaving you just tired and ready for sleep.

Plant #4:

Was very branchy in veg, allowing for all of its branches to reach the same height as the center cola, with them all being very productive. Mild, sweet, fruity smell up to the end when it began mixing with some rotten fruit smells, perhaps some underarm smells, that kind of funk. Those all smoothed out by harvest time when it was just a mild, fruity but kind of skunky kind of smell. But mild. Boring, even. The taste when vaped had a little bit of the kush flavor underneath it, just a little, barely. But mostly it tastes a little bit the way it smelled. More noticeable of a flavor than the first plant. But still mild.

Plant #3:

Started off in veg reminding me of a particular pheno I had grown out before, twice, leading me to believe it was a somewhat common pheno in this batch of F2 genetics. But in flower it took on a whole new form I've never seen in previous grow outs of these F2s. It's pure stretch indica. Long internodes. Very branchy. Has pigmentation in there that wanted to come out but I was N heavy so there was no fade or anything. Probably notes of red and purple though if allowed. Smells like straight Kush, you know that fuel smell. Very strong. Tastes just the way it smells. The high is very well-balanced and pleasant. It comes on smoothly, nicely balanced in the head and body, with noticeably less narcotic properties than the previous two plants. But still a nice, heavy body high for some muscle relaxation. Last longer than two hours which is acceptable, but basic. Still my preferred variety of all four of them.

Plant #2:

This one was very late in starting to flower. Like 2 whole weeks behind the others. When she was brought down it was because I needed to start the next round of plants, and she really could have used another 2 or 3 weeks. Very long flowering pheno for what I would expect with these genetics. But it was the strongest, most resilient plant in the garden from the very beginning. Never really got any leaf blemishes or anything. Grew upward into a solid, single cola column. Had branches, but only went halfway up height of plant, and they stayed clustered close to the main stem. Had the biggest trichomes and the absolute most of them of all four plants. This was going to be the stickiest one of all, had this been able to finish. It was night and day comparing this one to the other three, and even now, after harvest, with these even being several weeks underripe, the flowers are tighter and sticker than the others. It really makes me want to flower the clone of this one out again, but unfortunately it is the smallest of all the rooted clones of these plants, and it's not ready to have another go any time soon. The smell is almost non-existent, because it was picked early, but when squeezed it smells like creamy frosting or something, with some Kush fuel underneath it. Taste is pretty nothing in the vape. The high is surprisingly not one-dimensional or anything, and is actually not bad at all. High on it right now as I type this post out. Somewhat complex, balanced in the head and body, etc. But early, so you know, it just has a little something missing. I'm super surprised by this one and I think I might grow it out first of all of the F2s that I decide to grow out again.

Now that I have F3 seeds it'll be important to get those started and begin testing, so it's hard to know just yet how much space or time I'll have to grow out the F2s again, but as long as they are alive in the veg tent, it's a possibility. :dunno:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
There is truly something special about KxNL F2 #3. All of these clones were taken at the same time, from their flowering donors, but #3 is flourishing!

oETDUWX.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts