What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow! hush, those BH's look wonderful. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and all stuffed up. Keeping a garden secret indoors seems like it would be hard with the noise, heat, smell, and all. I know you've worked with a few of Peak's Nl crosses, from my experience their pure Nl is the least stinky thing I've grown and still potent in effect. Hasn't reeked the house up like the others while I've trimmed. Might be worth a try if low key is a priority...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Wow! hush, those BH's look wonderful. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and all stuffed up. Keeping a garden secret indoors seems like it would be hard with the noise, heat, smell, and all. I know you've worked with a few of Peak's Nl crosses, from my experience their pure Nl is the least stinky thing I've grown and still potent in effect. Hasn't reeked the house up like the others while I've trimmed. Might be worth a try if low key is a priority...

Thanks man. :tiphat:

It's really not all that difficult keeping a secret garden. I mean, more attention to detail is required to keep the stealth, but the noise and heat are really not that big of a deal at small scale. The smell on the other hand can make or break ya. But carbon filters work, that's what they're for, so smell is generally not much of a huge deal either. It's just that when you have such potent-smelling plants, those brief, inevitable moments when smell escapes can be all that's needed to alert noses in the vicinity. I don't think I have to be concerned about average levels of smell... But I might hold off on these super pungent varieties for a little while, just so that I don't have to be hyperfocused on security.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Alright, I was up all night chopping the rest of the plants...I took a bunch of pictures but then by the time I got to the last plant I was exhausted, and of the few photos I took they were all blurry and shit. So no photos of the last plant. Not yet anyway. I'll see if I can grab some from the drying line.

Anyway, let's start. Here's a quick shot of the garden before I began chopping (minus the first plant that was chopped the day before).

oNLmZGU.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This is the hash plant pheno that could have gone another week or more. It's obviously going dark, as seen by all the purpling. The bottom buds look to be completed, though, so that's nice.

ZdbZu2n.jpg

2YaMHTA.jpg

4X08zin.jpg

Fg1QcLp.jpg

p9m5XlC.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here's the bubba pheno that I've not been able to reach before now. The absolute frostiest buds in the garden, but relatively small yield.

408o3oG.jpg

aZAqvKl.jpg

ZJkzIPU.jpg

jlqjC5o.jpg

9x4KaFm.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The last plant, which again I don't have photos of, was the hash plant pheno that I couldn't reach before harvest. It appears to have been the largest yielder in the garden. I'll know after the weigh in. Also, even through my stuffy nose, I was unable to ignore the aroma on this one... It's very industrial, for lack of a better word. It's pungent as all hell, and it reminds me of, not fuel so much, but fumes from like industrial processes. It's hard to explain. It's similar to that typical kush, fuel smell...I mean, it's not out of left field... But the overall smell is like from an upholstery shop or something, mixed with some fried chicken and burnt rubber lol. It's bizarre. Not unpleasant though.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
looking really good! how's neppy-j doing?

I was going to update on this one soon, but since you brought it up already...

I yanked her upon returning from vacation. She had gotten shaded out by the mother plants that I put in there while I was gone, so that I wouldn't have to have all 3 of my tents going while I was away, and she was too far gone. I don't regret my decision to combine two gardens into one, because all of the mother plants are alive and well, but it's a little sad. Nonetheless, I've decided to shift things around in my closet, so it's honestly a blessing in disguise, because when I germinate the next seed (it's still next in line in my gardening pursuits... I just have to start from seed again, that's all) it'll be under better LEDs. I've decided to purchase a Mars Hydro unit since I'm seeing what they're capable of. That means that I'm also going to try putting the ViparSpectra unit in the 3x3 and do a run under it, to see how it does in a slightly larger space. I think it's too much light for the 2x2.

So stay tuned for all of that. That'll be over the course of the next couple of weeks.

:good:

MicroHaze

Nice Job getting to the finish line on the Bubba Hash there Hush! Hopefully that shit with your landlord stays cool. Do you guys have plant count limits where you are ?

Up here we are only supposed to grow 4 per "household" LOL! But you know it's supposed to be "legal".

Looking forward to a review of the 2 phenos andI'm curious how it'll compare to peak's NLxPK

Cheers!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Nice Job getting to the finish line on the Bubba Hash there Hush! Hopefully that shit with your landlord stays cool. Do you guys have plant count limits where you are ?

Yeah, and I've always been over that limit, lol. But my grow isn't compliant anyway, so plant counts are kind of a moot point. Soon enough I'll start looking to buy a place, and then I'll go compliant. I'm timing this all out with when my daughter will be old enough to know what I'm doing, lol.

Looking forward to a review of the 2 phenos andI'm curious how it'll compare to peak's NLxPK

Cheers!

Me too, honestly, since I plan on introducing some of these genetics into my KxNL breeding adventures.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Me too, honestly, since I plan on introducing some of these genetics into my KxNL breeding adventures.

Sounds good like the Bubba Hash and the KxNL would work well together. I can see it now; Hush’s Hash Plant :D
There’s been times when I’ve wanted to explore crossing NL to different Kush lines. For some reason Tom’s PTK x NL (or the other way around) always sounds like it would be great. The goal would be to increase the yield of PTK but keep the pine aroma. I have the the seed but not the space.. same old story

MicroHaze

Cool- it'll be Interesting to see a couple of "worked" lines get crossed. Both Peak and Ace are real deal breeders. I grew peak's NL x c99 and had great results. Resilient and forgiving plants. I'm sitting on a pack of his PK x C99- Real tough to pop new beans when i'm holding some clones and trying to keep those those going in sort of a perpetual cycle.

Its interesting when you start thinking through growing and parenting side by side. My kids are 3 and 7- and both have helped me water the garden. My 7 year old asked why I keep these plants in a special tent. I tell him It's medicine used by adults.

I often think about what this conversation looks like as they get older. One thing is for sure- I can't lie to my kids.

On the flip side I never vape/toke during "business hours" so my kids have never seen that. Really scratching my head about how that conversation will go down when the time comes.

Peace.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I can see it now; Hush’s Hash Plant :D

Haha. Maybe I could just call it hush plant. :biggrin:

Cool- it'll be Interesting to see a couple of "worked" lines get crossed. Both Peak and Ace are real deal breeders. I grew peak's NL x c99 and had great results. Resilient and forgiving plants.

Yeah Peak is a hidden gem. Always top notch with them. I've done his Sweet Skunk, Northern Skunk, Blueberry, and Kush x NL. I loved the KNL so much that I began inbreeding it to keep it going. I pollinated some selected branches of the BH's with it, so the crossing has already begun. Who knows when I'll get to those seeds, but it's nice to have them in my stash now.

Its interesting when you start thinking through growing and parenting side by side. My kids are 3 and 7- and both have helped me water the garden. My 7 year old asked why I keep these plants in a special tent. I tell him It's medicine used by adults.

I often think about what this conversation looks like as they get older. One thing is for sure- I can't lie to my kids.

On the flip side I never vape/toke during "business hours" so my kids have never seen that. Really scratching my head about how that conversation will go down when the time comes.

Peace.

Yeah my girl is only 2, but she's already following me around and stuff, asking me questions. I plan on being completely honest with her, so I need to be compliant and legal about it. That way I'm not encouraging any rule breaking or whatever, lol. Gotta be a good parent. I vape in front of her, but that will be stopping soon as well. I just tell her it's a kind of medicine for daddys. :biggrin:

MicroHaze

Always nice getting it into the jar. People always seem to say that this bubba hash cross seems to produce 2 distinct phenos , like an F1 cross would. So quick question: How would you compare the KNL to that? Like, do you feel like that original run of KNL produced a similar sort of obvious Purple Kush pheno and an obvious NL pheno?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Always nice getting it into the jar. People always seem to say that this bubba hash cross seems to produce 2 distinct phenos , like an F1 cross would. So quick question: How would you compare the KNL to that? Like, do you feel like that original run of KNL produced a similar sort of obvious Purple Kush pheno and an obvious NL pheno?

The original KNL from Peak was pretty homogenous, like a good F1 from two inbred varieties should be. They were Kush dominant, but you could see the old school NL genes in the bud structure.

Bubba Hash though has at least three phenotypes: the bubba pheno, the the hash plant pheno, and the long-flowering hash plant pheno. That's neither good nor bad, of course. It just means that the genetics that compose Bubba Hash are just less inbred.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just impulse purchased a new light. I was going to go with a Mars Hydro unit but I just can't shake off my feelings about some of their demonstrated business practices and went with a Spider Farmer SF-1000 instead.

esUfT8W.png

Looks like it uses about 100 watts from the wall and should be sufficient for a 2x2 space. Anyone using one of these? Or know someone who does? All of the reviews seem overwhelmingly good, so I guess I'll find out soon enough...

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
My QB board is a different brand from the U.K. but uses the same Samsung LM301B led. I think mine pushes around 130w from the wall. The LM301B is a very good led although plants do seem to consume massive amounts of Mg under them. Be prepared for that and you’ll see some good results.