What's new

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

brickweeder

PCK was slow to grow when I ran her, so she would be last on my list unless I felt compelled to run her because I like the way she smokes.

Of the remaining two, I personally would run the Nepjam regs over Panama fems simply because I haven't grown Nepjam before.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I’ve grown NepJam twice outdoor (which may make this opinion obsolete). The first time I grew it was when the varietal was only in the bx3 stage and had a lot of variation.

Second run was not so many years ago with the fem version. Only one plant that was super easy to grow, decent yield, bullet proof mould resistance and a very branchy structure. If memory serves, she also had good vigour for something so inbred. The cons are that the finished product didn’t have much smell. The high was lovely but the flowers lacked aroma. I would also note it isn’t the strongest smoke. Dreamy and social but not super sativa potent. I’m not saying don’t grow it though, it’s a lovely plant.

Personally I’d vote for the PCK grow but, like you mentioned, they do tend to prefer single stem SOG type growth. But, think of the colours you’ll get. There’s happiness just viewing the aesthetics of the PCK :)

Panama would be cool if you can do the selection :)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Panama. You can always save pollen from the males for future crosses.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That didn't make it any easier. :biggrin:

Just kidding y'all are awesome. Seriously you each gave me something to think about, regarding different things. I still don't know though. Honestly, I've been kind of leaning toward NepJam. I might just go ahead with that one. I know that Panama can be unruly so I might as well save that one for the 3x3. Plus I'd like to just plant one seed and know it's a female. So yeah, that's what I'll do. NepJam coming up next.

I chopped the last KxNL F2 today.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It’s a good choice.
I regard NepJam as a classic. There’s a reason dubi uses it so much as a backbone in so many hybrids.

Looking forward to seeing your results and what you think of her :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just placed an order for a second Megagarden. That's the name of the complete ebb & flow system that I use in the 2x2. I wanted to announce that because honestly it has dawned on me recently that this device is absolutely, unarguably the most used device in my gardening hobby. I bought the first one back in 2012 when I learned about it, and I've been using it almost nonstop ever since then. I've replaced the pump a couple of times since then, and I no longer use the square pots filled with hydroton that came with the kit as I prefer rockwool cubes, but this thing is a workhorse, and it has paid for itself many, many times over.

Since I'm currently trying to re-jigger my veg tent, and it's currently, slowly filling up with plants, I need to take it to the next level, and I knew instantly that that meant getting another Megagarden. I'm a huge fan. I wish I could get some kickbacks from Hydrofarm for promoting the product, but I'm not in any affiliate programs or anything like that. I'm just a guy who promotes things that work. And this thing delivers.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Meanwhile over in the 3x3, day 20:

56ajf3b.jpg

Now that's some stretch indica if I've ever seen it. Those two tall buds are about two inches away from the glass, and the general canopy is about 6 inches away. Good thing I have a few more inches' clearance to raise the light! Hopefully they'll slow down soon, though. I mean, seriously.

I'll be doing some pollen chucking tonight. I have Golden Tiger pollen and KxNL F2 pollen. :biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well goddamn. :bashhead:

I didn't get shit done last night because I sampled a little bit of KxNL F2 #4, and it sent me to the moon! I was out for the count. I fought to stay awake just long enough to put my daughter to bed, then I went to bed myself. Passed the fuck out. I must have slept like ten hours. Wow.

Failed vape report. I'll try to do this again tonight, but much later in the evening, and I'll be prepared for it this time. Shit's powerful!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Funny how old school indica vars have those absolutely pounding heavy highs but usually only have an average of around 15% THC. I guess the difference is that tolerance builds quickly.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Funny how old school indica vars have those absolutely pounding heavy highs but usually only have an average of around 15% THC. I guess the difference is that tolerance builds quickly.

Truer words are rarely spoken. Man. It's really amazing how overwhelming the effects are, too. I mean, just knowing that, you are correct, that the percentage is almost certainly in the teens, and knowing that it *completely* consumes me, with literally zero chance of fighting it, that's impressive as hell. And yes, I suspect that the quick tolerance to these effects is the trade-off.

This brings up another interesting phenomenon I want to talk about...

Yes, it is true that I have been entirely off of indicas for several months now. But during that time I was smoking my pure sativas like they were going out of style. All day long I was smoking Golden Tiger, then Golden Tiger supplemented with Honduras Breeze, then just Honduras Breeze... and now I have indicas again. So that first night I sampled my first KxNL F2, it got me so blazed that I was paranoid and the whole nine yards. (It was super fun!). And it's like, I never stopped using THC! So what is it about "indicas" that makes them so different? I still refuse to believe it's a synergy of terpenoids, and I think there's more going on with cannabinoid synergy than science either currently knows or currently gives credit for.

Myrcene continues to be the terpenoid that people want to ascribe the sleepy, couchlock effects to, yet the first two F2s that I've sampled, which stoned me up quite good, smell nothing like myrcene. More like lemon cotton candy or something. I just don't accept that theory. Science is probably on to something with this thing called "Entourage Effect," but it's not as related (if at all) to the terps as it is to the micro cannabinoids. There must be some serious science behind the ratios of this cannabinoid to that cannabinoid, but NOT when this other one is present, and even moreso when THIS one is available... That sort of thing.

Anyway, all I know is that I'm learning that if I really need indicas to kick my ass like Chuck Norris, I just have to concentrate the majority of my consumption on the pure sativas, leaving the indicas for special occasions. I think.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I agree with what both you and Kalbhairav are saying about old school Indicas being strong despite having lower THC stats. The tolerance thing for me has more variables than just strain, plant to plant within the same strain can vary for me. I think potency has nothing to do with terpenes, with the exception of certain plants who's potency gene(s) maybe paired with a certain terp expression.

I was at a party over the weekend and there happened to be a few weed geeks also in house (rare in these parts.) One guy in particular, I think was also a grower based on the terminology and jargon he was using, was having a conversation to me about the greatness of Cookies and OG varieties and naturaly I brought up Northernlights and that I felt the oldschool varieties could still hold their own against modern strains/clones. It turned into a bit of a friendly debate, unfortunately I hadn't brought any of my own to reinforce my argument.

I think there is more to potency and effect than science has quite figured out yet. There are cannabinoids yet to be discovered and we really have no idea of exactly how the ones we are aware of work independently, much less in different combinations and ratios.

Such an exciting time to be studying, and for that matter, growing this special plant.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So I had another sample of #4 last night. I loaded a smaller amount, and waited later in the evening this time. It was still very intense and heavy. I ended up never vaping anything else and going to sleep a couple of hours later. Normally, I would vape a little something more after that 2 hour point and then go right to sleep. I didn't need to do that. I was still baked and tired. This is heaven-sent nighttime medicine right here. I love it. I'll try to take some more pics tonight since I know I've been slacking on photos.

#3 should be dry enough to sample soon. Maybe even tonight after work. That's the one I'm looking forward to the most. It smells strongly of kushy fuel. :sasmokin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I finally sampled #3 tonight, and this is my jam! I love it. It smells like rubber and fuel, it's greasy, and it lit me up like fire. I honestly can't wait to grow this one out again, seedless. It would make a fantastic scrog.

The high on this one is the most euphoric by far. Not that that matters much, but it's always a nice little bullet point. The body high is sort of vibrating and buzzing. The head high is just enough to feel a little giggly, but not anxious or paranoid. It's definitely noticeable. But the body high is where it's at. I'm not really noticing my neck problem at the moment. I also feel it heavily in my eyeballs, which I now associate with CBG, so that makes me think this one would test higher for CBG if I bothered to test it. It gives me the munchies too, which is something I only associate with old school (for me, 90s) strains. It's just an all around, balanced high, with a heavy emphasis on relaxation and remaining in one place. But I think I wouldn't call this one narcotic, like the first two. I could watch a movie or a documentary on this one. The first two were rocket ships to dreamland.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Man, I kind of zipped through your thread, but I loved it! I grow in a very similar way, and I started out in a closet about the size you got going here, and it's great to see. I also used a very similar scrog, and hempy mix, hand watering, etc.

I started out before I knew about tents, so I had my closet in two sections, upper/lower Veg/flower, and with airflow going out the ceiling (I was in a crummy apartment, so I went ahead and put a hole saw to the ceiling of my closet, lol!)
It's really amazing, the results one can get from a space like this, and you are killing it man! Congratulations!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Thanks! :huggg:

My new megagarden was delivered yesterday. I plan on doing an unboxing kind of thing later on tonight, possibly including a video, so stay tuned for that if anyone is interested. :cool:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
What's a megagarden?

It's the all-in-one ebb and flow system I use in my 2x2 tent. I posted a diagram of the thing on the previous page. I barely ever get excited about things like products that get sold in stores, but this thing is an exception. I've been using one since 2012 and it has gotten more mileage than any other gardening supply or device is ever used. So I bought another one for my veg tent.

P

pongster

what a nice diary, skills and pictures!
i visit everyday, but never post... why?
=)
keep it green bro and thanks for sharing
:rasta:

CodyPomeray

My arizer just came in, great stuff hush, thanks for the tip. Exactly what I was needing. A volcano is nice, but this is totally perfect for the price. Glad I went with it. Cheers!

X

xavier7995

Nice lookin grow man. I have been on all sativa kick for quite a while, but ran some glue crosses last round and have been absolutely loving them, they are the jars I seem to reach for.