What's new

Hey ICMag! We are Lush LED Lighting!!!

Would you be willing to have me do a side by side? I have a Hydro Grow LES SOL series brand new in the box that would be comparable to the lumenator 2x. They both have a 3x3 footprint(which is a little unique). They both are comparable in wattage and price. If you would like to entertain the idea just let me know on this thread. I'll see it.

Much respect

Kozmo

Hi Kozmo,

I'd be willing but we just agreed to do this very thing with Dr.Young on this thread. He's just starting his Lush side by side now. We just had a grow journal completed on a different forum with the Lumenator 2x too. Otherwise, I'd have said totally.

That's one opinion of a led guy, and I respect ur opinion. But its still only one. We need more proof. And a little more detail of how its better, and a good estimation of the % difference in yields. That's the type of info I need before I buy led's.

I wish I could tell you all the other forums and places we're doing side by sides but I can't. It would be a violation of the IC Mag rules. But, they are out there. We've given away at least a dozen lights to growers with journals. They're out there...

Mikenite69

Veteran
Except I don't think dr young is doing a side by side of anything. As far as I understand dr young is strickly growing with lush led so it's not really a side by side. Unless he is putting his led up against cfls.

Snype

Veteran
Except I don't think dr young is doing a side by side of anything. As far as I understand dr young is strickly growing with lush led so it's not really a side by side. Unless he is putting his led up against cfls.

It's not that hard to find someone to do a real side by side unless they don't want it done. If Lush Led's are that amazing, the company would do a side by side to increase their sales. Maybe they picked the wrong member to complete a side by side. Or maybe it was just planned this way. You want to see a real side by side, send me a light and I'll put 2 tents next to each other in the same room with no cross contamination of light and I'll take cuts from the same MOM and everything. Seems like we have been talking about this for years from every other LED company that came here and still nothing has been done.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Who needs to do a side, by side? THE DAMN HPS LIGHT HAS BEEN USED FOR 30 YEARS..... WHY DO YOU NEED TO SEE ANOTHER RUN OF IT?

A Dominator 2x 435w model can produce a pound..... plain, and simple...

Yeah, they cost more.... but I save 66% on my electric bill from the light alone, and producing a 1/10th of the heat.
With properly grown LED buds being better, and that is whats most important.

I'll have some pics up soon. Until then, go eat some Salmon.. Sip some EvOo, and any other brain food you guys can get your hands on..

Miraculous Meds

It's not that hard to find someone to do a real side by side unless they don't want it done. If Lush Led's are that amazing, the company would do a side by side to increase their sales. Maybe they picked the wrong member to complete a side by side. Or maybe it was just planned this way. You want to see a real side by side, send me a light and I'll put 2 tents next to each other in the same room with no cross contamination of light and I'll take cuts from the same MOM and everything. Seems like we have been talking about this for years from every other LED company that came here and still nothing has been done.

Seems to me u hit the nail on the head. It would be common sense to compare the two side by side. I think ur right that there is a reason we haven't seen one.

Miraculous Meds

Who needs to do a side, by side? THE GODAMN HPS LIGHT HAS BEEN USED FOR 30 YEARS..... WHY DO YOU NEED TO SEE ANOTHER RUN OF IT?

A Dominator 2x 435w model can produce a pound..... plain, and simple...

Yeah, they cost more.... but I save 66% on my electric bill from the light alone, and producing a 1/10th of the heat.
With properly grown LED buds being better, and that is whats most important.

I'll have some pics up soon. Until then, go eat some Salmon.. Sip some EvOo, and any other brain food you guys can get your hands on..

If ur gonna go on with these bullcrap numbers im gonna call u on it.

A 400w hps can get a pound too. That's 35w less than the 435w led that u say can get a pound. So we are saving 8% on our electric bill. And I think a watt produces the same amount of heat weather it comes from a led bulb or hps bulb, someone correct me if I am wrong please. So the heat overall would actually be less with the hps because ur using 35 less watts.

Now to the subject of better quality. I don't know how u prove that one over the internet, good luck there.

Imo, Dr youngs reputation to report on these led's is not trustworthy because he obviously has a biased opinion. He has belittled fellow members for asking honest questions. and already talks about the led as its better yet hasn't even done a run from start to finish. He's already made up his mind.

Lush, may i suggest u get somebody to do a documented grow for u that doesn't have a biased opinion, and hasn't insulted fellow members just for asking questions. Let me be clear that i don't want to do the documented grow. I just want to learn about these lights thru a member that has a decent reputation, that will give a fair report on the lights.

Dr young has lost all credibility to do an unbiased documented grow.

I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm not here to tell everyone the "big secrets" either. It's not a big secret. It's spectrum. What's makes our lights better is spectrum. We post a lot of pictures because results are what people want. It's science, great technology, outstanding customer service; we're a Michigan based company with an on-site engineer to be there for you in the event of a problem, caring owners, small business with big ideas. If our lights didn't do what we say they do, you would be able to see it in the photos. Miraculous Meds, the simple answer is: spectrum. Our lights fuel photosynthesis better than the competition. I thought we had talked about this question before. The photos I post are on a different thread so that I don't spam this one. And I am giving you layman's terms. You should hear my husband explain it...

so if the spectrum is the only thing that sets you apart, is that to say that eshines are basically the same just a different spectrum? as correct me if im wrong there made by the same producer.

JointOperation

I use LEDs bc it's a better product with less fans and electricity. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure joe down the street may get more product but in the end it equals out bc I get more $$ for my bud.

funny shit.. haha.. I bet you no1 cares if its grown LED. or HPS. or MH. or CMH. or fucking CFLS. or T5s.. lol.. if it was grown properly it was grown properly . don't matter what fucking lights you use .. that doesn't dictate price..

what dictates price is that u paid too much for your light. meaning you think your weed is better.. meaning you think you deserve more.. meaning your charging more for your bud..

that shit don't MEAN SHIT ABOUT QUALITY.. for all we know. your selling your shit to teenagers.. and bragging how you get more cash then others.. it don't matter how much u charge.. it matters how much profit your making per lite.. and at this point a 1000w DE gavita.. will bring in WAYYY MORE then any LED will at this point.

lol .. taking someones word in this business don't happen after we all realized hydro stores and other companies are just trying to cash in on the GREEN RUSH..

shit even other growers.. will give you clones of the wrong strain on purpose.. or give you a cut they know hermis.. so you fail.. or have issues.. and they can swoop in an take your customers

JointOperation

check out DHGATE.com.. LED LIGHTS for 1/4 to 1/8th the price.. mars 2 and such.. even some that look like Lush leds.. but shit. id rather spend 1/4th the price honestly.

the thing I don't get is why LED Lights.. say . 5w leds... 100 of them should be consuming 500w.. why is it that none of these LEDS actually use the same amount of power.. they say the put out?

Mikenite69

Veteran
I mean personally I don't care I just wanna see results. Dr young only having the led might give us a insight of what the single light can produce. I am not interested in a side by side because obviously most of the lush growers before trying to do a side by side failed. The one dude that run lush and hps side by side with no divider wall that was a epic fail.

Farmer john running a 8k room with 2 lush panels mixed in fail. Everyone else that I have seen most were using LEDs as supplemental lighting and to me that's a fail because why wouldn't u fill your room with them and remove the hps lights out of the room fail again.

So Dr. Young we are counting on you to show us these numbers and keep your thread updated with pics. So far your thread hasn't shown much that everyone is waiting for.

I am not knocking Dr. Young but you are making biased claims and haven't shown much. Now start documenting so we can see what's up with this light. Don't want you to make outrageous claims and only yield 300 grams and not show your grow because of it then buy a extra light to mix in there so you hit your numbers because that would be unfair to the rest of us. I wanna see a well documented grow as well as everyone else does not pictures every few weeks.

I believe the lush panels will produce good bud and that they are well made panels. I think the problem lies with all the testers you guys had before none have proved anything. Most people wanna see what 1 panel can do wether it be against a hps in a side by side with a wall in between the 2. Or a well documented grow with a single lush panel and showing results start to finish unbiased.

Again not knocking Dr Young because you can see he is excited about his light just want him to document the grow better and show a grow start to finish no matter the outcome and no matter if you hit over a pound or not just document your grow well.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the thing I don't get is why LED Lights.. say . 5w leds... 100 of them should be consuming 500w.. why is it that none of these LEDS actually use the same amount of power.. they say the put out?

Your question has been asked and answered ad nauseam all over this LED sub-forum.

It is ok and cool to ask questions about LEDs and have doubts about the technology and current offerings for plant growing.

however, we must research these issues on our own, and if you had read posts about LEDs from knowledgeable members like rives, knna, oneshot, to name just a few, you'd know the answer to your question is all over the forums.

and I'm gonna answer the question yet one more time:

the reason why diodes are under-driven is to keep heat-issues at bay, as heat issues can interfere with efficiency of the diode as well as with its life-expectancy.

some say you can drive the diodes to its maximum level and even more, provided they have very good cooling; but very good cooling means more expensive parts in a given fixture.

so the cheap and easy solution is to drive the diodes at a lower %.

most companies selling good fixtures will let you know what's the actual electric draw in terms of watts as opposed how many watts the fixture could put out provided it is driven at 100%.

hope this helps answering your question,

peace

Mikenite69

Veteran
LEDs.

LEDs.

check out DHGATE.com.. LED LIGHTS for 1/4 to 1/8th the price.. mars 2 and such.. even some that look like Lush leds.. but shit. id rather spend 1/4th the price honestly.

I think it's because Chinese company's don't run thee LEDs at the max that they could. So there 5w LEDs are really being ran around the same as a 3w led would be ran by a American company. Americans run there LEDs to the max output where Chinese don't run them at there max output

I could be wrong so someone correct me if I am wrong this is just what I thought it was.

Damn bombadil snuck in before me. Lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I mean personally I don't care I just wanna see results. Dr young only having the led might give us a insight of what the single light can produce. I am not interested in a side by side because obviously most of the lush growers before trying to do a side by side failed. The one dude that run lush and hps side by side with no divider wall that was a epic fail.

Farmer john running a 8k room with 2 lush panels mixed in fail. Everyone else that I have seen most were using LEDs as supplemental lighting and to me that's a fail because why wouldn't u fill your room with them and remove the hps lights out of the room fail again.

So Dr. Young we are counting on you to show us these numbers and keep your thread updated with pics. So far your thread hasn't shown much that everyone is waiting for.

I am not knocking Dr. Young but you are making biased claims and haven't shown much. Now start documenting so we can see what's up with this light. Don't want you to make outrageous claims and only yield 300 grams and not show your grow because of it then buy a extra light to mix in there so you hit your numbers because that would be unfair to the rest of us. I wanna see a well documented grow as well as everyone else does not pictures every few weeks.

I believe the lush panels will produce good bud and that they are well made panels. I think the problem lies with all the testers you guys had before none have proved anything. Most people wanna see what 1 panel can do wether it be against a hps in a side by side with a wall in between the 2. Or a well documented grow with a single lush panel and showing results start to finish unbiased.

Again not knocking Dr Young because you can see he is excited about his light just want him to document the grow better and show a grow start to finish no matter the outcome and no matter if you hit over a pound or not just document your grow well.

very good points Mike, agreed.

Lush (or any other LED company) should have documented grows, from seed to harvest, using a single panel from each of their models, showing what each model can effectively do on its own.

it would prove a better marketing tool than just passing free fixtures around and hoping the people getting the lamps will actually do a proper and well documented test grow.

they probably have documented a whole cycle from seed to harvest? Lush?

peace

JointOperation

then I guess my question turns to.. then why advertise it as 5ws when they put out 3.

and yes.. they have tons of pictures and shit on there website..

they are probably are one of the top LEDS out now.. I just cant see paying 1700.. for a single light.. its like.. at that rate.... you would need to have a backup.. cause if your led fails.. then you have to go back to hps while you wait to get your shit back or a new one..

iuno if I was LUSH.. I would also sell DIY Kits.. to make your own lights.. just buy extra parts.. and shit.. and sell that also..

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Its a shame the people that are lingering in this thread are not even 18, and refuse to read anything about LED... but swear they are interested..

Miraculous Meds your just upset because I gave you negative karma/rep. So please be mature about it, youve only been asked DOZENS of times by everyone.

Saying I'm making a outrageous claim, and a 400w can grow a lb too but with less watts...... uhhhh a 400w hps pulls at least 435w.... so... yeah...
Where is the outrageous claim? Me saying LEDs make about 1/10th the heat?
Last time I checked 300 btu is a 1/10th of 3,000 btu.
I've never said anything that isn't proven, wildly known, or on the Lush information sheets that are not made up.

I'll have updates... Plants dont grow in days... they take several weeks/months. Plus I was already 60% or so into the last grow when I got the LED.. So I finished that junk, and getting things set up. The only problem with what I have now is its perpetual, but I will indeed get a total weight when its all said and done.. No scheming here..

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well the Chinese are trying to suck new customers into there web It's all marketing for them.

Kinda like us with lush's 1700 price tag for there biggest light that puts out I forgot how many watts(stoner mind) so we will say for a example 650w but that is ther actual rating. The a newbie just getting into the game and interested in LEDs see the Chinese lamps that claim 650w led rated watts for 300.00 bucks. They think they are stealing the light at that price.

In reality most Chinese company's run the cheapest bin diodes so there 300w at the wall light might put out as much par as a American light rated at 150 watts because most American made panels run top bin LEDs. Not saying that you couldn't find a Chinese led panel that won't kick ass because they are out there.

There are some Chinese company's on Alibaba catching on and actually starting to use top bin LEDs and running them at 700ma. Apollo has revamped there lights and has stopped using low bin diodes and don't advertise led watts verse actual panel draw now.

Miraculous Meds

Its a shame the people that are lingering in this thread are not even 18, and refuse to read anything about LED... but swear they are interested..

Miraculous Meds your just upset because I gave you negative karma/rep. So please be mature about it, youve only been asked DOZENS of times by everyone.

Saying I'm making a outrageous claim, and a 400w can grow a lb too but with less watts...... uhhhh a 400w hps pulls at least 435w.... so... yeah...
Where is the outrageous claim? Me saying LEDs make about 1/10th the heat?
Last time I checked 300 btu is a 1/10th of 3,000 btu.
I've never said anything that isn't proven, wildly known, or on the Lush information sheets that are not made up.

I'll have updates... Plants dont grow in days... they take several weeks/months. Plus I was already 60% or so into the last grow when I got the LED.. So I finished that junk, and getting things set up. The only problem with what I have now is its perpetual, but I will indeed get a total weight when its all said and done.. No scheming here..

5 people have found my post helpful. How may have found ur post helpful. It doesn't do u any good to personally attack other members by insulting them insinuating they are under 18 and immature. Then u take the lords name in vein on a thread where lush has stated they are Christian. Seems like a slap in the face to what lush stands for.

This is ur chosen documented grower lush. He insults fellow members who are interested in purchasing led's. then he takes ur religious beliefs and devalues them. He is supposed to be helping u, yet with everyone of his posts I become less likely to purchase a lush light. Its a shame someone not even affiliated with the company that u graciously gave a light to is demeaning ur potential customers.

Maybe its time to ask him to bow out and disappear into oblivion, before all ur potential customers are disgruntled and sickened by his poisonous rude posts. If someone doesn't agree with him he just demeans them. What kind of a person does that? Is that what u stand for lush? Are u ok with him insulting ur potential customers?

Well, dang. I can see some things have happened while I was in the office. Please give me a moment to catch up and read before I reply...

so if the spectrum is the only thing that sets you apart, is that to say that eshines are basically the same just a different spectrum? as correct me if im wrong there made by the same producer.

Our frames are similar to other LED's but it's what's inside that counts. Our spectrum is fueling photosynthesis faster and more efficiently. We have done a lot of research, especially on phycoerythrin and phycocyanin. These phycobiliproteins are not commonly discussed in text books or readily available studies. So, to simply say that our spectrum is the only thing different than other LED's is an under-exaggeration. We also have optional 2x lenses that are commonly not optional.