What's new

Hey ICMag! We are Lush LED Lighting!!!

It's not that hard to find someone to do a real side by side unless they don't want it done. If Lush Led's are that amazing, the company would do a side by side to increase their sales. Maybe they picked the wrong member to complete a side by side. Or maybe it was just planned this way. You want to see a real side by side, send me a light and I'll put 2 tents next to each other in the same room with no cross contamination of light and I'll take cuts from the same MOM and everything. Seems like we have been talking about this for years from every other LED company that came here and still nothing has been done.

We would love to do a side by side BUT, two things: we just opened our first retail store and we're here in the office or behind the counter of the new hydro store 100 hours a week. We don't personally have time to do a grow ourselves and people would think it was fake anyway, so we have other independent growers do them for us. I don't know HOW many times I've said on this thread that there are many people out there doing grows and side by side grows right now but this forum will not let me disclose those names because they are not on here. And secondly, the only side by side we CAN do is not done with cannabis. Michigan is only a medical state. I can post a photo of the side by side we're doing in the store but I doubt anyone wants to see flowers. But, here ya go:

Seems to me u hit the nail on the head. It would be common sense to compare the two side by side. I think ur right that there is a reason we haven't seen one.

You're not looking in the right places. Maybe do a Google search for these grows on other forums? I can't tell you names. Rules.

Mikenite69,

I just wanted to mention that while our largest light does have the hefty $1699.00 price tag, we never ask full price. There's a discount code in my signature that brings it down to $1529.10. Even the website itself has a discount code on it. Something people might not realize...

funny shit.. haha.. I bet you no1 cares if its grown LED. or HPS. or MH. or CMH. or fucking CFLS. or T5s.. lol.. if it was grown properly it was grown properly . don't matter what fucking lights you use .. that doesn't dictate price..

what dictates price is that u paid too much for your light. meaning you think your weed is better.. meaning you think you deserve more.. meaning your charging more for your bud..

that shit don't MEAN SHIT ABOUT QUALITY.. for all we know. your selling your shit to teenagers.. and bragging how you get more cash then others.. it don't matter how much u charge.. it matters how much profit your making per lite.. and at this point a 1000w DE gavita.. will bring in WAYYY MORE then any LED will at this point.

lol .. taking someones word in this business don't happen after we all realized hydro stores and other companies are just trying to cash in on the GREEN RUSH..

shit even other growers.. will give you clones of the wrong strain on purpose.. or give you a cut they know hermis.. so you fail.. or have issues.. and they can swoop in an take your customers

Come on, that's not cool. It's not even true. Just because you can understand corruption doesn't mean everyone is corrupt. It's not the price tag, it's the performance of the light. And we only succeed if our customer's garden succeeds. We would never set someone up to fail.

then I guess my question turns to.. then why advertise it as 5ws when they put out 3.

and yes.. they have tons of pictures and shit on there website..

they are probably are one of the top LEDS out now.. I just cant see paying 1700.. for a single light.. its like.. at that rate.... you would need to have a backup.. cause if your led fails.. then you have to go back to hps while you wait to get your shit back or a new one..

iuno if I was LUSH.. I would also sell DIY Kits.. to make your own lights.. just buy extra parts.. and shit.. and sell that also..

Uh, we never advertise 5w LED's. Those things run too hot. We only use 3w in our lights.

az2000

So there 5w LEDs are really being ran around the same as a 3w led would be ran by a American company. Americans run there LEDs to the max output where Chinese don't run them at there max output

I don't think that's true. TopLED/MarsHydro runs their Mars II diodes at about 48-50% of capacity. Their Reflector diodes at 63%. Blackstar (a rebranded Chinese import) is about 63%. Area-51 (highest quality Cree diodes) runs at 42%.

It's a balancing act between the expense of cooling apparatus (heat sinks, fans) or more diodes (running at lower current).

It's good to know both numbers, max (theoretical) output and actual. Gives you an idea of how much diode your dollars are buying (or how much cooling equipment). How hard the diodes are being driven, etc. I don't think of it as false advertising. Although it would be nice if lights were stated as 240/130 (instead of burying the actual wattage in the description).

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's particularly confusing because the diode wattage refers to the "class" that the chip belongs to rather than how much power it is actually using.

Conventional light bulbs will pull whatever their rated wattage is when they are driven by the proper voltage. LEDs are different in that the drivers determine how much power to hit them with, and it can range anywhere from a fraction of the nominal wattage to substantially more than nominal. If they are being very lightly drive, the cooling needs are minimized, but if they are driven very hard than the cooling system can get pretty exotic.

Many manufacturers choose to significantly underdrive their components because it insures that they will make it through the warranty period and because good cooling is expensive. It is very misleading to call a fixture "300w" simply because of the count of the diodes and the class that they belong to, but it is pretty common (100 x 3w diodes, or 300 x 1w). Always look at what the specifications are for actual draw.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
So are lush being pushed about 75%? The Dominator 2x at 450w is 2.25w per 3w diode...
I know it runs cool as hell, and the spectrum is glorious. The spread/blend is glorious. The plants are LUSH :)
The plants are definitely different than any bulb I have ever used... T5/t8/CFL/HID (I've seen/used everything but 250w hps).
I have even been able to spot a HUGE differences just in 3-5 day old seedlings that I know I couldnt of got with any other light.. There isn't a food/amendment that would of provide the capability to produce a difference in seedlings that young..

I can't wait to get my feeding dialed in, and push things to their potential with this Lush light.. It really is amazing... "Its like Jet Fuel for your plants" is something I kept hearing, and it is a perfect metaphor/statement for how I feel about Lush lights.. Its more than a slogan, its a observation.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So are lush being pushed about 75%? The Dominator 2x at 450w is 2.25w per 3w diode...
I know it runs cool as hell, and the spectrum is glorious. The spread/blend is glorious. The plants are LUSH :)
The plants are definitely different than any bulb I have ever used... T5/t8/CFL/HID (I've seen/used everything but 250w hps).
I have even been able to spot a HUGE differences just in 3-5 day old seedlings that I know I couldnt of got with any other light.. There isn't a food/amendment that would of provide the capability to produce a difference in seedlings that young..

I can't wait to get my feeding dialed in, and push things to their potential with this Lush light.. It really is amazing... "Its like Jet Fuel for your plants" is something I kept hearing, and it is a perfect metaphor/statement for how I feel about Lush lights.. Its more than a slogan, its a observation.

Gee, I wonder why anyone could possibly question your ability to deliver an unbiased evaluation??

I wanted to also mention that when we post our wattage (650w Dominator 2xxl, 435w Dominator 2x, for example), we do state them in actual watts. Because that's what we would want to know.

I'd also like to address something Miraculous Meds brought up. Yes, we are a Christian company. Yes, it hurts me when people blaspheme. I think that commandment is the closest to my heart. But, I can't control what other people say or do. Of course, I wish I had an eraser that I could erase what he wrote, but I know he and I don't share the same beliefs. On my end of the computer, I have to operate the delicate balance. He doesn't have that same responsibility.

Kozmo

Veteran
So .... Any. Waayyy. Like I was saying... I got these two HGL lights. They cover a 3x3 area. Ill be happy to do one. Either has been used yet and one is still taped up in the box. Here are some pics of a potential contender here on the I mag forum. Trouble seems to be you have started side by sides on the wrong forum. IC has been around from grass roots to GRASS roots and if anyone is going to take a stage here they better be prepared to perform.

Enough said

PM me if you must,

Kozmo

Last edited:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57111&pictureid=1356890View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57111&pictureid=1356893View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57111&pictureid=1356892View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57111&pictureid=1356891View Image So .... Any. Waayyy. Like I was saying... I got these two HGL lights. They cover a 3x3 area. Ill be happy to do one. Either has been used yet and one is still taped up in the box. Here are some pics of a potential contender here on the I mag forum. Trouble seems to be you have started side by sides on the wrong forum. IC has been around from grass roots to GRASS roots and if anyone is going to take a stage here they better be prepared to perform.

Enough said

PM me if you must,

Kozmo

Well, yeah, but I already chose a grower and gave him a light to do a grow with. I only took over this forum a couple of months ago. I realized a need for a grow being performed on IC Mag. So, when Dr.Young PM'd me, we came to an agreement that he would be the IC Mag presence to show what our lights can do. Our huge Black Friday sale put us back order until next week. Hoping to see Dr.Young's grow journal soon. I actually have another very experienced grower getting set up to show his results on here soon as well. Actually, I was just informed that he already has been on here for a while. He goes by: TheCollieMann. Check out his albums labeled The New Rooms. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=56939&pictureid=1341594.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
WOW THAT IS BEAUTIFUL.

Can't wait to see what Collieman does with all that space :)

I was going to take pics a min ago before the light went off, but when I went to take pics the damn phone was dead so I was l had to just go about my watering/work.

I'll get some pretty stuff up tomorrow.
I got my "Display" figured out now where I can routinely show off plants with a backdrop where the viewers can see the growth as time goes along instead of just a bunch of random angled pics.

Some Purple Haze x White Rhino, and Platinum OG Kush x Chemmy Jones (3-4 week)
Some SweetTooth #4, and SourBubble Bx 3&4 (5-6 week)
Some Raspberry Cough, and Killer Queen Redux (2-3 week)

I'm going to be vegging some cuts for SCROG instead of SOG so we can really see some yield instead of smaller plants. Its a shame I basically wasted some of these beautiful genetics doing 12/12 from seed... I am pretty depressed about it, and somewhat the reason I haven't been showing them off.
Its not exactly as pretty to see 12/12 from seed plants as it is even a SOG from clone.

Things are starting to shape up around hur, and these puppies are looking awesome.
Couldn't be happier with my Lush light.

My #1 on my Christmas list for myself is definitely going to be another Lush light. I think there is going to be a AWESOME new release for christmas too, im SOOO EXCITED. If not a Dominator 2x XL will be a NICE upgrade to go along with the giant SCROG tree(s) I plan to start once this SOG is done, and I redo everything.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Well, yeah, but I already chose a grower and gave him a light to do a grow with. I only took over this forum a couple of months ago. I realized a need for a grow being performed on IC Mag. So, when Dr.Young PM'd me, we came to an agreement that he would be the IC Mag presence to show what our lights can do. Our huge Black Friday sale put us back order until next week. Hoping to see Dr.Young's grow journal soon. I actually have another very experienced grower getting set up to show his results on here soon as well. Actually, I was just informed that he already has been on here for a while. He goes by: TheCollieMann. Check out his albums labeled The New Rooms. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=56939&pictureid=1341594.
Interested to see what TCM does with that room an to see the actual coverage an drop offs of the light.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I am excited as well to see what thecollieman can do with the lush lights. Still kinda wish he dedicated one room for hps and other room lush to compare yields between the to. I am happy either way because we will be able to see what the all lush room yields. He has what about 6 lush panels in there?

I think he said 2 6k flowering rooms so that lush room should be able to do 18lbs or more? Since you guys at lush claim it will out do hid lighting? Or are we gonna stay on the lower side and say 12lbs or a little over?

I know it's all strain dependent wether growers will hit 3 lbs a light but most will still hit 2lbs a light or a little more unless they are growing all cookies. Well stoked to see the outcome because I know collieman is a good grower and if anyone will put the lights to test it will be him. Sick ass room nonetheless with all those lush panels I can honestly say I am a little envious. Well if he gets good numbers I'll make sure to get that big boy panel to cover my 4x4 with.

Hello everyone...

JointofOperation,

Our lights are designed, engineered, serviced, shipped, warrantied, customer serviced, maintained, everything here in Michigan, BUT, we do outsource for our parts and assembly. If we didn't, the price would be even higher.

tharealmclovin

Just wanted to share some photos. LUSH does work Rene, maybe I can test that new light out for ya when the time comes. I have a place next to 2 Dominator XL's for it. :D
8c5giek.jpg
aThTwIG.jpg
7NPsG1T.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts