What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey ICMag! We are Lush LED Lighting!!!

Hey!

My name is Sam and I am your go-to person for Lush LED Lighting here on ICMag. Good to meet y'all!

In this thread I'm going to be posting special deals for ICMag readers, event schedules and photos, and you can ask me anything you want to know about Lush!

I'll kick it off with a few photos from Seattle Hempfest this weekend! I wasn't able to attend but my awesome boss and co-workers kept me up to date with awesome pics!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Looks like it would take 4 of them to provide coverage over a 4x4 table. Is that about right?
How much per panel? How are they compared to a 400W, 600W, or 1K?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be interested in using them in my breeding rooms, but yeah like rr said... I don't know how they cover a 5x5 when they are a lot longer than they are wide?

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome

First, Kudos for staggering each row of lights

Very important to maximizes uniform canopy coverage

I am a big fan of bar type/long rectangle panels

Currently using a BML SPYDR 600

As was stated, no way a rectangular light will evenly cover a square area, so the red flag goes up immediately

While most will be impressed with the graphs and charts you have on your site, the one that matters is MIA- umols/m^/sec at various heights and widths over the canopy

Perhaps the most important indicator of a panels' true potential

Welcome to ICMAG.

Looks like it would take 4 of them to provide coverage over a 4x4 table. Is that about right?
How much per panel? How are they compared to a 400W, 600W, or 1K?

I would be interested in using them in my breeding rooms, but yeah like rr said... I don't how they cover a 5x5 when they are a lot longer than they are wide?

Welcome

First, Kudos for staggering each row of lights

Very important to maximizes uniform canopy coverage

I am a big fan of bar type/long rectangle panels

Currently using a BML SPYDR 600

As was stated, no way a rectangular light will evenly cover a square area, so the red flag goes up immediately

While most will be impressed with the graphs and charts you have on your site, the one that matters is MIA- umols/m^/sec at various heights and widths over the canopy

Perhaps the most important indicator of a panels' true potential

Thanks Arthritis_sucks! I'm glad to be here!

ResinRyder, with our Dominator2x the best/max coverage area is 4x4, so you would only need one Dominator to cover that area. As for your other questions, I'm going to use said Dominator2x information to answer, but realistically the answers depend on which panel you are considering.

So: How much? (Using the Dominator2x again)... Well, the list price on our website is $1,399.00. But on the website there is a code for 15% off, and I offer a 20% off discount to all ICMag members who use the discount code "ICMag420" when you checkout. I also offer specials sometimes, like currently I have a "Buy one Dominator (or Dominator2x) and get one Lumenator (or Lumenator2x) for free" deal on another website.
(If anyone is interested, PM me, and I will give you the info to take advantage of that deal.)
Lastly, I'm willing to work with anyone as much as possible, as are all the other Lush Lighting reps. We want to help as many people as possible to obtain Lush Lights, because we truly believe that Lush is different, special, and better.

Comparision to 400w, 600w, and 1k HPS - a Dominator2x at 50% power we typically match yield and increase potency. So based off 1k HPS, the Dominator2x will yield slightly less for 1/3 of the power usage, and the Dominator 2xXL will slightly increase yield for about half the same power as that 1k.

PetFlora, thank you! I had never heard of the Spydr until I saw your threads about it, and I have to say I think that's a really neat idea.

As far as the rectangular light covering the square area: Actually, the way the diodes are positioned, angled, what have you - the best and most usable light does in fact fall into the square.

And the umols/m^/sec - you are correct. I brought this to my boss' attention, and he says he will obtain this information for me and get it up on the website.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Howdy Lush Lighting,

welcome to icmag.

in the end, no one can argue with increased efficiency, lighting is still that one wasteful area of growing, so yeah leds are the future and the better the tech gets the less kicking and screaming we will do when being dragged into said future, hehe.

can't wait to see some member grows with your lighting systems

all the best.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
high & welcome to ic,

we are waiting for your LED light show :biggrin:

best vibez
D

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Way out of my price range at this point, but they do look solidly built. I am curious if the wattage listed is actual usage or "marketing watts".... If you're putting the actual usage up then that's awesome because so many companies put up misleading numbers that it's become something of a regular deal to see them just add up the wattage of the individual LEDs and claim that's what their system actually draws....

I actually grow by surrounding the plants with lights. LED is perfect for this, but most of the low-intensity commercial units like the t-8 replacement LED strips are badly made and use old LED tech that isn't good for growing. Would your company ever be willing to do some work on making ambient light panels that can be placed around the perimeter? They could be built quite a bit cheaper since you don't need nearly as much intensity. In fact, I really want something with a good plant spectrum that the plants can grow right up against the lens of and not cause problems. What would be really cool would be small square panels that can daisy chain(parallel wiring though, not in series!) Since people's cabs vary so much it would let them sort of tile in the panels they need. Side lights really cut down on the crappy lower buds, and while they don't affect total yield enormously, they make a much more uniform product from top to bottom.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I looked at your web page. What spectrum ratio do you have as far as white/blue/orange/red?? Looked over but didn't see info. Also, chip set wattage?

I have 3 LEDs 450-600w. Served us fine these several years. Will see us through until another generation (higher output/efficiencey) and lower cost.

Likewise, what's different about yours compared to the others with multi-spectrum?

Do you guys have any smaller products in the works? Lots of micro growers on here who don't need a death ray. A nice 50-100 watter or some floodlight-style bulbs? Do you do any customization or just have a specific product line?

Way out of my price range at this point, but they do look solidly built. I am curious if the wattage listed is actual usage or "marketing watts".... If you're putting the actual usage up then that's awesome because so many companies put up misleading numbers that it's become something of a regular deal to see them just add up the wattage of the individual LEDs and claim that's what their system actually draws....

I actually grow by surrounding the plants with lights. LED is perfect for this, but most of the low-intensity commercial units like the t-8 replacement LED strips are badly made and use old LED tech that isn't good for growing. Would your company ever be willing to do some work on making ambient light panels that can be placed around the perimeter? They could be built quite a bit cheaper since you don't need nearly as much intensity. In fact, I really want something with a good plant spectrum that the plants can grow right up against the lens of and not cause problems. What would be really cool would be small square panels that can daisy chain(parallel wiring though, not in series!) Since people's cabs vary so much it would let them sort of tile in the panels they need. Side lights really cut down on the crappy lower buds, and while they don't affect total yield enormously, they make a much more uniform product from top to bottom.

Hey MagicCannabus!
Yes, those are actual watts. We have a Kill-A-Watt and sometime this month one of my goals is to provide photographs of our entire product line plugged into the K-A-W. Marketing watts = crap.

As far as your side panels: they sound like a great idea! But quite frankly I think you would find that both our Dominator and Lumenator have such a finely tuned yet powerful spectrum that you just wouldn't really need the side lighting. The penetration of canopy that we achieve is quite remarkable. Also, by repositioning the light to a 45 degree angle, you can get full coverage of both the top and bottom of the plant.

Cartel530

Veteran
I can get two 1000w Gavitas or I saw Epaps for 450 so 3 of those for the same price as something that does 5x5? That doesnt seem very cost effective to me. What do these lights compare to in growth rates? If i set one of these up and then a 1k in a raptor hood what would he growth difference be between the two?

Send me one and ill do it :)

b0nZai.b0b

Veteran
Lush Lighting said:
Lush Lighting products are unique because these are the first grow lights ever engineered based on biochemical research. We have the ability to track the response in plants to all the different variations of color. Most companies making grow lights believe only what is written in text books and assume it to be true. Here at Lush Lighting, we also believe what is written in text books, but we know there is more they are not telling us. This is why our years of research have resulted in products that will change everything!

it sounds to good to be true! i do not wanna to speak against u, no rly, but i´ve read alot of LED panels before and never there were someone who yield with half the power of led´s the same as a 600w HPS grower - i would love to test ur small panel myself, but it´s really expansive and is there actual a reseller somewhere in europe`?

do u have someweher some hps/lush led compare grwos in review?

:tiphat:

I looked at your web page. What spectrum ratio do you have as far as white/blue/orange/red?? Looked over but didn't see info. Also, chip set wattage?

I have 3 LEDs 450-600w. Served us fine these several years. Will see us through until another generation (higher output/efficiencey) and lower cost.

Likewise, what's different about yours compared to the others with multi-spectrum?

Hey Arid! Good to hear from you!
Our Dominator and Lumenator (and Vegetator) are full spectrum. As far as the specific ratio, that is proprietary information. We use 3w chips, several different brands.

YES! LED is built to last; that's something that people growing without LED sometimes don't factor in. It's easy to say that LED's are too expensive when all of your HPS bulbs are in perfect working order; it's a lot easier to see the savings when you're replacing 12+ bulbs a year, maybe even a ballast or two.

What's different about Lush? No other LED grow lights on the market were designed and tested exclusively for growing better cannabis. Ours were. Through a lot of trial and error, we have come up with a product that creates some pretty mind blowing results. Quite frankly, what we hear over and over again is: "My yield increased, my density increased, my buds tasted better, and my operating costs went down." So what's different is: our lights grow better marijuana because our lights were made to grow marijuana.

Do you guys have any smaller products in the works? Lots of micro growers on here who don't need a death ray. A nice 50-100 watter or some floodlight-style bulbs? Do you do any customization or just have a specific product line?

HerBn! -The death ray line cracked me up. Good job! Lol. So here's something awesome: I mentioned this to my boss (Matt Johnson, CEO of Lush, hereafter referred to as just Matt :)) and he said... "hey, that's a great idea! Thanks!!! We're going to plunge into having something out in the first quarter of next year." Exciting, yeah?

... Maybe not as exciting as the fact that whatever "it" ends up being, I am sending you one for free!!! Serious. PM me anytime between now and oh, say, January 2015... I will get you all set up so as soon as they roll off the factory line one will head your way. :) Thanks again!

J

johndoe123

If your looking for any local testers to document your products I am around the St Joe Area :biggrin:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Whats up LUSH fam. Its always a good time seeing you guys at the events, and J is always showing that your products work. He still thinks my MOB is better though, ha. Systems are expensive, and I can see how it is hard for some folks to justify. Myself included, hinted bout doin some testin though. But they do work, they save money on cooling costs, and last a LONG time. If you had the money up front, definitely not the worst way to go, IMO. Peace, D.