What's new

Hempy Buckets - DP Durban Poison | G13 PowerSkunk | G13 Gigabud | Afghani

nice work man !!!! this is my first time here >>>>> so all of your pots are filled with only perilite !!!!!! thats cool pretty decent lookng buds good work !!!!!!!!! you got your light from HTG !!!!!!!! ha ha good stuff for cheap prices

hey jack! thanks for the kind words ... my buckets are filled mostly with perlite, there is about 1/5 vermiculite in there too to stretch out the time between watering.

the buds are lookin alright ... def not dialed in yet, but alas, that takes time. i'll get there.

hahaha, and yes, its an HTG light. great prices and they are sort of close to me so the shipping is usually quite quick.

thanks for stoppin by and checkin it out! take care man.

-sg

i have some company in town this weekend, so i haven't had much time with myself or my ladies ... but some cool new things goin on:

1) got my A/C unit .... works great, and just in time, it was almost 90 here today.

2) have my outdoor grow figured out. should have all the supplies ready in the next 10 days. it's gunna be pretty wild, and when i explain it some people will think i'm nuts, so we'll see how that goes.

more to come on that outdoor grow ... will probably start a new thread at some point. very very nervous about posting pics of that though.

take care everyone, ill have more tomorrow.

-sg

update 4.26

update 4.26

here are some pics of the harvest last night. i'm pretty tired and i have to put R4 into flower tonight so i won't go into a lot of details about my outdoor plans until i have some time.

should come out to 2-2.5 oz. probably 1.5 of the afghani and maybe a little more than 1 of the DP. That isn't that great for the DP (5 plants) but let's remember all of these went in with little to no root structure (cloner to flower).

lots to do tonight so here are the pics ... stay safe everyone.

-sg

DP shots before chop:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

clones for the outdoors:
picture.php

afghani:
picture.php

picture.php

some DP:
picture.php

big ones hung out to dry:
picture.php

popcorn:
picture.php

Ok, added 9 more in there tonight. ALL at LST'd and all have multiple tops (some 2, some 4). I am hoping this technique will show some bigger yields then the single top cola.

Just needed to write down flower times:

R1 = 61 days flo
R2 = 40 days flo
R3 = 21 days flo
R4 = 0 days flo

Now that things are in perpetual it's getting busy for sure. Cutting, cloning, vegging, flowering, feeding, chopping, trimming, on and on. And this is a tiny room. Throw in a full time job, a g/f, sports ... you get the point. Just tryin to say, mad props to those who grow huge rooms perpetual, it can't be easy.

This is the flower room. Probably about as full as she'll get, which is fine right now. There are still a few (read: 6) left over in veg and i think 4 more in the bubble cloner showing roots.

Goin out now to check out some new outdoor spots (city guerrilla). Wish me luck.

Peace everyone,

-sg

picture.php

One Love 731

Veteran
How long did you give the first set of Gigabud to flower? How was the smoke? I ask because I have 4 Gigabud moms that are all very different from each other. Any info on the strain would be greatly appreciated, feel free to P.M. me if you have the time. Karma, One Love

How long did you give the first set of Gigabud to flower? How was the smoke? I ask because I have 4 Gigabud moms that are all very different from each other. Any info on the strain would be greatly appreciated, feel free to P.M. me if you have the time. Karma, One Love

hey one love, ill PM you in a minute. thanks for stoppin by man!

Very nice! :pimp3:

Thanks agent smith! thanks for stopping by.

take care,

-sg

5.4 update

5.4 update

hey everyone,

sorry for the lack of updates ... been crazy busy lately .... tryin to keep the lady happy, shit at work, trying to get ready for an outdoor season, oh ya and smokin all this recent harvest and partying like a rockstar :D

so, we are at:

R1 = all chopped :woohoo:
R2 = 47 days
R3 = 28 days
R4 = 7 days

R2 is lookin sexyyyy, so i am excited about that. i let the PS in R1 go until almost 10 weeks, and good lord did they put on the pounds. if they didn't stretch so damn much it would be much better (although the more recent ones i have handled the stretch better. the only thing with the PS ... if you fuck with them at all (a little burn, stunted growth for any reason, etc) they will basically just turn into weird wisps with no buds ... i had an entire plant (that was a runt originally) that just crapped out and gave pretty much nothing. it's too bad, because this shit is so sticky and stinky, i can't wait to give it a try.

ok, enough of my rant.

here are the pics, take care, stay safe and thanks for checkin my stuff out

current dry stash about to go in jars
picture.php

some room shots:
picture.php

picture.php

the DP a couple weeks off ... has some burns from long ago, ugg i fucked that up, wish i had paid better attention, it's def gunna hurt yield now on the PS, and a bit on the DP:
picture.php

picture.php

The PS that was chopped this evening:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The PS trimmed best I could ... it was so goddamn sticky my fingers were pissing me off:
picture.php

THe one GB that came down tonight, I let her go an extra week from the suggested 6, we'll see how she turns out:
picture.php

Today's pull, i'm always pleased with some instead of none :D
picture.php

outdoors

outdoors

Just a little on my outdoors plans...

I live in a city. A real city. To most, they would say "you can't grow outdoors in the city". Others would assume you need a very private backyard or greenhouse to pull it off. For the most part, you are correct. But impossible? Lies i say! (no offense to those who think I am crazy).

I am lucky enough to live in a city where we have some small parks / bike triails within walking distance of my home (I am going to try to be vague here in order to protect my identity and location). Basically, I read this entire thread which talks a ton about selection of city sites (among many other things). So I started opening my eyes when I was out and about. I started noticing some small spots ... a plant here, a plant there ... suddenly I was noticing things all the time (the same way indoor growers evaluate a home for grow potential everytime we visit somewhere new).

After a few weeks, watching traffic, vegetation and such, I have found enough random spots for about 50 plants. Recently it was rainy-ish in the evening so i just put on some clothes that were made for getting wet and went out to confirm all my spots. Dug some quick holes to check the soil and such, and we are good to go. When each plant goes out is specific to each site, but most will be going out after June 15 (don't want anything getting TOO huge). I am going to assume at least a 50% loss to animals (yes we have "city deer"), rippers, weather, etc. Most people won't be able to really tell the difference between my plants and the surrounding vegetation if they happen to come upon them, and they are in places that hopefully will get zero traffic.

The soil is decent in the areas, but I will be adding some soil mixture, perlite, water crystals and on occasion fertilizer. Otherwise it will be a zero maintenance plot, with visits perhaps every 3-4 weeks just to make sure things are going ok. ALL visits will be night time visits, and preferably in the rain (decreases likelihood of people being out and actually makes it easier to see [city lights reflect off low clouds])

I wish I had some of my other gear available to use (it's somewhere in this thread my new stuff), but it looks like I will be using clones of Gigabud, Power Skunk and Durban Poison. All good smoke so it will be good for my first outdoor run. I recently restarted a GB mom and before I did that I took a ton of her clones (25) and tried to clone them into jiffy pellets. I am not very good at that. I always fuck up the too much humidity versus the not enough humidity, etc etc. Anyways, there are about 10 left and they may or may not make it. If they do, they will go into soil (dixie cups) and veg / be mini moms until I am ready to put them out.

That's the plan. I grew up in the woods and have spent many nights sneaking around in the woods alone, in the dark, in the rain, so that doesn't bother me at all. It's actually quite peaceful to me.

Also, that thread I posted above is a helluva read. It has taken me a good couple of weeks of random nights of reading to really get into it.

Please feel free to comment.

Peace all,

-sg

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well dayum i missed some choppi i see.you shoul bump ur yield up by training them bro,....good luck on ur outdoor season.i have no experience outdoors,all i can say is be safe my brother.im sure more experience outdoorsmen will chime in and let you know where you can improve ur plans.peace-T-

well dayum i missed some choppi i see.you shoul bump ur yield up by training them bro,....good luck on ur outdoor season.i have no experience outdoors,all i can say is be safe my brother.im sure more experience outdoorsmen will chime in and let you know where you can improve ur plans.peace-T-

hey tona thanks for stopping by.

definitely a good call on the training .... on my most recent run (R4), i LST'd all of them, topped all of them (most multiple times) so we should definitely see some improved yield I think. it is just taking time to dial things in, ya know? actually even a few in R3 have been topped. i'm still quite noobish when it comes to this stuff, so i take it all on a learning curve.

each round i go through, the better things are turning out ... more root mass, more bud, more tops, etc etc.

i'll get there, all in good time :D

stay safe tona (and everyone for that matter),

-sg

5.9 update

5.9 update

Took a few shots in the room last night when i was feeding and I thought I'd post them up. I am going to post a few things just for my reference, because although I keep written journal, this makes it pretty easy to just scroll through and check out. SO:

Right now we are at:
R2 = 52 days = ~1 week left for all
R3 = 33 days = ~1 week left for GB, ~3.5 weeks for others
R4 = 12 days = far away

The cool thing is that all of R4 was topped multiple times, then the leading tops were all LST'd, so we have anywhere from 4 to 8 tops in a pretty even canopy. I am doing my best to keep an eye on them and keep everything level, so hopefully it turns out to be some big yields.

Anyways, here are the pics, stay safe everyone

peace,
-sg

group shots
picture.php

picture.php

the GB ... i ride all of them pretty hard with nutes, so i commonly get the burnt tips. it is also hard with the different strains, since i feed them all the same thing.
picture.php

the DP - you can see some old light burns that never go away :(
picture.php

just took down 10 girls ... 5GB from R3 (39days) and 5DP from R2 (57 days). should be a good haul. maybe was a couple of days early, but i needed the room badly. Still 3 more PS in there waiting probably another 1-1.5 weeks for those. that PS wrecks my world for sure.

anyways, i'm real tired

here are pics

whole room:
picture.php

to come down
picture.php

DP coming down
picture.php

DP closer
picture.php

GB close
picture.php

The DPs
picture.php

The GB chop with my vape :D
picture.php

The DP chop before trim. Next round i am trimming off way more popcorn at the beginning so they dont wast time on that little shit.
picture.php

picture.php

The DP haul
picture.php

bedtime, peace out everyone,
-sg

5.17 update

5.17 update

hey everyone

been pretty busy lately, workin hard, playing hard, the usual. Finally got a little time today to get some stuff done and so I got to thinking about some things. I actually took a look at the calendar and realized that I am moving on Sept 1, so I idealy would like everything shut down by Aug 1. So, counting backwards, that means that I have to have all my PS and DP in the flower room by 5/22 (9 week strains). The GB I have until 6/15 to work with. Basically, I may have some problems. First, with all of the current R4 being topped and bushy, there is not a lot of room for more stuff in the flower box. Second, I have about 15 in veg ready to go in, and maybe room for 8. Third, I just put a bunch in the veg room from the cloner and they need some time to veg, which I do not have. From now on all clones are going in soil to go outside. I know I can make some room but it would really suck to have to chop girls from veg. GAH! Oh and I need to root trim and flower out the GB Mom too which is a huge pain in the ass, but I really want that yield. Shuld basically end up being one giant nug lol. I just gotta figure out how I can make room for her in the room

Ok, enough of that rant.

The good news is that this stuff is starting to get passed around different groups of people out there and everyone seems to love it. Even though no one knows it is mine it is great to have people come back and say how much they enjoy it. My new personal favorite is the Power Skunk which taste really hazy and is def a very sativa hybrid. It's unfortunate it doesn't yield more. I am hoping that some of these new runs with topped plants will help with the production.

I have also been pricing out and planning out my aero set-up for the next grow / new place. The only thing I am having trouble deciding on is 600W versus 1000W for a 3x3 table. This may sound stupid, but can there be too much light? I am not overly concerned with the util costs or heat issues and in reality a 1000W is not THAT much more than a 600W. Just curious if anyone knows.

Anyways, I had to take care of them all today, so I snapped a few pictures. I hope everyone enjoys.

Oh ya, We are at:

R2 = 60 days
R3 = 41 days
R4 = 20 days

GB @ 3 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

The veg room. No more room.
picture.php

The flower room.
picture.php

PS @ 3 weeks
picture.php

hazy

Veteran
Hey o. Nice chop man, everything's looking pretty good. You really have a lot going on in that small space.
I've read part of that thread on city outdoor growing. Lots of good stuff in there for sure. Good luck with it.

hey hazy, thanks for the kind words. i'm doing my best to utilize the small space I have until better things come along.

hopefully things go well with the outdoor grow ... i am not relying on it, but it would be pretty sweet to have come late september. since i will be setting up the new system and moms and such, i will still be at least 2 months from pulling down new stuff. so a nice 10lbs of outdoors would do me well :D

this one is for you hazy :joint: i'm about to go check out your log in a second

peace bro,
-sg

hey everyone,

been crazy busy lately, but i was in there today and i grabbed some pics. it is fucking packed in there right now, seriously no room for anything. i had to put as many DPs in there as possible because i came up on the dates for the "finish by august 1" time. All that is left in the veg is DPs. That room will end up being used to veg a bunch of clones in soil for the next couple of months.

anyways, here are the pics im out for the evening. thanks for stoppin by and checkin things out.

here is the whole room the second lights came on
picture.php

this is the rootball from when i took the GB mom and gave her some more room for her legs. basically i just cut the bottom off of the bucket and put it in a new one with a few inches of perlite. worked like a charm, i think she is loving it.
picture.php

R4 at 3.5ish weeks
picture.php

veg room. the little clones in the front i threw out because they were crap
picture.php

stay safe everyone,

-sg

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice root ball yo,i did that to a couple mamas too bro works good...the flower room is poppin off too and that r4 looks like it wants to start swellin up too.
always lurkin holmz :lurk:
peace-T-

basscadet

Hey osecretgardeno,
just wondering how stinky the gigabud gets, I'm starting my first grow ever using a feminized gigabud seed and there doesn't seem to be much info on her around. Don't know if this is a new strain or ppl couldn't be bothered grow it LOL.

ty

nice root ball yo,i did that to a couple mamas too bro works good...the flower room is poppin off too and that r4 looks like it wants to start swellin up too.
always lurkin holmz :lurk:
peace-T-

what up tona, thanks for stoppin in. it was so quiet in here i was wondering if people were still lookin!

i knew she was really rootbound so i figured that cutting would be the easiest way to add some more leg space.

i am def happy with R4, they had a lot of extra space their first 3 weeks and were all topped and LST'd, so hopefully they all end up doing well and yielding a lot.

it kind of sucks, there will be only one more run (R6) going into that box and then she is getting shut down. it's too bad because i feel like im starting to get things dialed in finally. i gotta move in september and i want to take that month of august off and have everything packed up and ready to move. the new spot will be much better (1200W flower :D) so i am not terribly upset plus i will enjoy that month of no stress. i will be keeping a very small veg room for some mini moms that will be brought to the new place in order to get things moving on the new set up. then the fun begins with some fun genetics :woohoo:

peace everyone,
-sg