What's new

Hempy Buckets - DP Durban Poison | G13 PowerSkunk | G13 Gigabud | Afghani

K

khaleel

git them roots to grow a little more and ull git more buds. looks like u have a homemade hydro setup there. id give soil growing a shot if i were u but thats just me..

lol chief, i about blew my spaghetti o's across the room. i read your note while i was on my way to post "holy shit look at the size of the roots on those clones" :nono:

looking good secret. but you know, to be honest, i would put em in dirt too. or coco, at least. maybe its because i'm partial , but soil just has that special something to it... :canabis:

lol chief, i about blew my spaghetti o's across the room. i read your note while i was on my way to post "holy shit look at the size of the roots on those clones" :nono:

looking good secret. but you know, to be honest, i would put em in dirt too. or coco, at least. maybe its because i'm partial , but soil just has that special something to it... :canabis:

hey khaleel, thanks for stopping by. just curious as to why you think i would be better off in soil compared to hempy? a find a lot of you "dirty folk" (no offense lol!) are very partial to soil. i think that if i had more room, i would definitely run soil again, perhaps in my next spot i will. in hempy, i can use 20oz of medium per plant, where in soil i would need a gallon each for decent results. i guess the small footprint is what made me switch.

thanks for kind words brother. lol, i thought those roots were in pretty decent shape too. take care,

-sg

hey tona - glad you are enjoying the show. hopefully you'll like some of these pics.

not much goin on, things are moving along smoothly. had some of R2 grow up almost all the way into the lights and so i burnt a couple of those tops. we'll see how those turn out, but i'm not overly concerned, just kinda sucks

basically we are at:

R1 = day 46 flower
R2 = day 25 flower
R3 = day 7 flower

I gotta get to work, but here are a bunch of pics. stay safe everyone

peace,
-sg

some of R2 and R3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

some of the burn victims
picture.php

picture.php

a bunch of the afghani gettin big and tasty
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the DP gettin fat
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PS
picture.php

the room
picture.php

picture.php

the DP
picture.php

u r gittin sum nice sized buds man. the roots do look good on the clones but ive seen much better from an ez cloner. i never heard of those hempy buckets but i think they would be much happier in sum soil, gives em a little more room to wiggle there toes :D

u r gittin sum nice sized buds man. the roots do look good on the clones but ive seen much better from an ez cloner. i never heard of those hempy buckets but i think they would be much happier in sum soil, gives em a little more room to wiggle there toes :D

thanks for the compliments chiefmaster. i agree, the aero ez cloner gets the best roots around, and when I have more space i will be moving everything to aero, including the cloner.

hempy buckets are simply a bucket with some sort of combination of perlite and vermiculite, i used 80/20. It provides for a neutral, soiless medium so you can run a hydro regiment. it was initially broadcasted on some board system by a user named "hempy" (even though i dont think he created it). you should look it up. it's way easier than soil, takes less of a footprint, allows you to run hydro regiments so you can actually see things happening. i tried soil a couple of times, and so far, i'd say hempy is the way to go for me.

thanks for stoppin by

4.15 update

4.15 update

things are going pretty well ... got some clones rooting in the bubble cloner, lots of stuff vegging in the veg room (they are going to be pretty huge by the time they go in, i'm excited)

in the flower room, the DPs are looking GREAT. i think that is the good genetics behind that. the PS on the other hand ... pretty light and fluffy ... I am hoping they fill in, but i don't know, maybe they pack on the weight in the last 2-3 weeks, we'll see.

Anyways, we are on:
R1 = day 49 flo
R2 = day 28 flo
R3 = day 10 flo

Oh, and the DP mom is eating shit right now. Not sure what happened. I flushed her and watered with light nutes, so we'll see if she comes back. If not, I have plenty of girls I can replace her with, and infact it will make her smaller and easier to control if i start again, so I may just do that. She might not be worth keeping, but I'd still like to know what I did wrong for future reference.

Anyways, here are some pics, enjoy.

-sg

Round 2 startin to look hairy - 28 days flower
picture.php

Round 3 looking pretty good - 10 days flower
picture.php

The DP crew
picture.php

PS/AG folks in the room
picture.php

DP lookin big and sexy
picture.php

DP
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and an attempt at closeup ... i want a better camera ... in fact, i want a lot of things :D
picture.php

D

Dalaihempy

thanks for the compliments chiefmaster. i agree, the aero ez cloner gets the best roots around, and when I have more space i will be moving everything to aero, including the cloner.

hempy buckets are simply a bucket with some sort of combination of perlite and vermiculite, i used 80/20. It provides for a neutral, soiless medium so you can run a hydro regiment. it was initially broadcasted on some board system by a user named "hempy" (even though i dont think he created it). you should look it up. it's way easier than soil, takes less of a footprint, allows you to run hydro regiments so you can actually see things happening. i tried soil a couple of times, and so far, i'd say hempy is the way to go for me.

thanks for stoppin by

hi well the hemy bucket as its called (that was named by people in cw not me ) can be used with clay rocks perlite or perlite / vermic and coco/ perlite or even just coco and some have used rw also.

It is a bucket yes but it has a built in rez thats why the drain holes there to keep the internal rez at a set hight.

I did post on it first in 2002 at cw were no one thort it would work and i got a lot of flack for even posting the method untill i posted picks then that stoped.

I got the idear from the first hydro kit i got in the erly 80s a tamato kit that was an aquaponic kit it was a tub 6 inchs tall and had a drain hole at one end that was say around 1/2 to 1 cm from the bottom.

I then started playing with diffrent size tubs and buckets diffrent shapes and sizes and also rez hights.

Once i had worket out what worket best i took my idear to the person i first got my aquaponic kit from and told him about it who sed it wouldnt work would couse root rot and the rest.

The person has majors in Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics to name a few has many books and started a hydroponic research and development company in the late 60s so he knew what was what even in the 80s and once i told him it did work even he was suprised.

Every person that had some hydro back ground sed it wouldnt work even when i posted it in CW in 2002 as i sed above they told me the same thing but pictures dont lie now im not sure if any of you rember CW but it had some of the best growers from all corners in its ranks so if i had stolen the method it would of been sed then but instead i was told it would not work well as you and many around the world that know use this method have relised it does work and work well.

I can easly prove what im saying to be fact but theres no point the dought i infact came up with this method started at doc chronics old site by a hand full of growers that got pist with me thats life i dot cear.

Any way not trying to rail road your post but more posting to put some basic facts down.

hey dalaihempy, thanks for stoppin by.

don't mind you settin the facts straight. i was all stoned when i answered that, so i forgot about the whole res thing (duh) and the fact that you can use any medium pretty much (soiless that is). i figured if he was actually interested in the hempy buckets he could look up the exact process, or ask me for more details.

as far as who posted what first ... doesn't really matter to me. i do know that who ever posted it first was very discouraged by the community response, since NO ONE thought it would work ... obviously it does. if you posted it, great, if not, oh well, it's out there, it's bein used, it works great.

there are always arguments of who actually "came up with it" since there are some growers that say they have been doin it since the 80s or before, they just never published the info. like i said ... does not matter, in my mind its now about sharing what a wonderful thing it is. it is seriously SO EASY.

I learned it from killa12345, that's all i know, that's all that really matters to me.

thanks for stoppin by man, glad to see I could grab the attention of a hempy master :D

take care,

-sg

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
real nice osecret...i feel you on keeping the mamas shorter,im thinkin im gonna start new mamas and bonzai the hell out of them bro,they get too tall on me...
good luck with her yo.peace-T-

real nice osecret...i feel you on keeping the mamas shorter,im thinkin im gonna start new mamas and bonzai the hell out of them bro,they get too tall on me...
good luck with her yo.peace-T-

thanks tona ... i dont know what i did last night, but the flush and new nute feeding with a little dolomite lime has made a big difference. looking up and perky again, so that is a plus. she was pretty damaged though, and even though she will recover ... i might restart her anyways.

thanks for stoppin by man, i'm lovin your grow show too.

peace,
-sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
secret-those ladies are looking real nice. My first run has ended and we did really well using the hempy buckets. 2nd run is in full swing and couldn't be happier.
How do you think compost tea would work with this?

secret-those ladies are looking real nice. My first run has ended and we did really well using the hempy buckets. 2nd run is in full swing and couldn't be happier.
How do you think compost tea would work with this?

what up dubwise, thanks for stopping by.

i imagine compost tea would work well with the hempy buckets. that is pretty much organic hydro, correct? i'm a city dweller, so i dont have the opportunity to mess around with teas unfortunately. once i get outta this place ill be doin all that for sure.

i don't forsee any problems with the compost tea tho, should work great i think. organic hempy! awesome!

take care,
-sg

killa12345

hey dalaihempy, thanks for stoppin by.

don't mind you settin the facts straight. i was all stoned when i answered that, so i forgot about the whole res thing (duh) and the fact that you can use any medium pretty much (soiless that is). i figured if he was actually interested in the hempy buckets he could look up the exact process, or ask me for more details.

as far as who posted what first ... doesn't really matter to me. i do know that who ever posted it first was very discouraged by the community response, since NO ONE thought it would work ... obviously it does. if you posted it, great, if not, oh well, it's out there, it's bein used, it works great.

there are always arguments of who actually "came up with it" since there are some growers that say they have been doin it since the 80s or before, they just never published the info. like i said ... does not matter, in my mind its now about sharing what a wonderful thing it is. it is seriously SO EASY.

I learned it from killa12345, that's all i know, that's all that really matters to me.

thanks for stoppin by man, glad to see I could grab the attention of a hempy master :D

take care,

-sg

Thanks secret....nice of hempy to stop by.....everything i learnt i learned from the first 7 pages of his posts at CW...and started with other people at doc old site like hempy stated....He is a pure genius and i love this method of growing....i still am using the first 2 bags of perlite/verm 2 years later and maybe 100-120 plants later.....I first followed his methods word for word with the lucas formula but i prefer FF nutes than GH or AN for now!

Props to Hempy for making this simple growing method!

nice plants secret....man the are looking good.....

wow!

Thanks secret....nice of hempy to stop by.....everything i learnt i learned from the first 7 pages of his posts at CW...and started with other people at doc old site like hempy stated....He is a pure genius and i love this method of growing....i still am using the first 2 bags of perlite/verm 2 years later and maybe 100-120 plants later.....I first followed his methods word for word with the lucas formula but i prefer FF nutes than GH or AN for now!

Props to Hempy for making this simple growing method!

nice plants secret....man the are looking good.....

wow!

hey killa! good to know that hempy is the man behind the work. i couldn't remember where you said you had gotten the information from, so thanks for setting everything straight!

i really love how simple and easy this method is. i was debating trying out a new nute program, but i honestly have a shit ton of FF nutrients in my closet, so i am going to use most of that first.

thanks for all the compliments buddy, stop by any time!

peace,

-sg

what up everyone ... hope everyone had a nice 420.

things are goin well here, we are at:
R1 = 55 days flower
R2 = 34 days flower
R3 = 15 days flower

Everything seems to be in pretty good shape, not a whole lot to report. For most of R1, this was the last feeding, straight water / flush will be going down from now on, since we are at almost 8 weeks. The powerskunk is definitely going to need a lot more time, it isn't even close to being ready. Not sure if it's because it's kind of off to side? Whatever, I'm not too worried. Within the next 7 days, I will be pulling the Afghani and the DPs. Should be a good pull, I am excited!!

The second round already looks REALLY good ... the buds are much bigger and more together (ie 1 giant cola), which I am attributing to a stronger root structure. I keep forgetting that the first run was put in there straight from the bubble cloner, so there was minial root development.

I snapped some pics in there, so check 'em out. Thanks to everyone for stoppin by and lookin'.

Peace everyone, and stay safe,

-sg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

R2 gettin hairy
picture.php

R3 before todays lower trim
picture.php

R3 after the haircut
picture.php

the whole room, the ones closest to us are actually R2 even though the colas are almost as big as R1
picture.php

actually this is the whole room ... the PS are on the left, pretty much all of R3 on the right.
picture.php

hazy

Veteran
Funny, someone posted that you should put the clones in soil.:moon:
By the looks of the buds you're getting from those hempy buckets, i couldn't imagine trying anything different.
Good to see hempy's still around too.

Funny, someone posted that you should put the clones in soil.:moon:
By the looks of the buds you're getting from those hempy buckets, i couldn't imagine trying anything different.
Good to see hempy's still around too.

hey hazy ... haha, i'm glad you agree. so far the hempy buckets are WAY easier and producing much more than soil was. everyone has a right to their opinion and i surely appreciate everyone voicing theirs! i just happen to agree with yours lol ...

i just wanted to note again that my first run (R1) went straight from the cloner into flower, so the root structure was poor. i can already tell with R2 that the buds are going to much bigger. i am very excited.

take care,

-sg

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
nice work man !!!! this is my first time here >>>>> so all of your pots are filled with only perilite !!!!!! thats cool pretty decent lookng buds good work !!!!!!!!! you got your light from HTG !!!!!!!! ha ha good stuff for cheap prices