What's new

Hempy Buckets - DP Durban Poison | G13 PowerSkunk | G13 Gigabud | Afghani

hello everyone!

I just wanted to do a little random update to let everyone know where my head's at...

First, I am in the process of moving, and I made the executive decision to drop all the genetics I currently have. Today I actually destroy everything I had an took down the veg box. The truth is that the genetics I have to use next are so much better than the stuff I have now, that it's not really worth it for the hassle of moving everything and then cloning, blah blah. Plus, I would rather have the space to run new genetics and not waste it on mediocre stuff. All for a harvest maybe 2 weeks earlier? Not worth it.

Second, let's talk outdoors. Where I am at, we don't get a lot of rain and recently it has been quite hot. I had been sneaking out to the plot one night per week and giving everyone supplemental water, and they were doing fine. Unfortunately, this past week it was REALLY hot a couple of days and even though it rained a bit (read: passing thunderstorm) and I watered them one night, it appears it was not enough. All the "minis", that aren't actually all that mini anymore, are perfectly fine and are looking great. But the huge Durban Poison that was a few weeks older and much bigger looks like it took the heat pretty hard. I'd say most of her fan leaves are dead and she was pretty close to buying the farm overall.:fsu: Luckily all the bud sites and such were still green, but I can tell that she will probably lack in yield if she pulls through. I am guessing that she just has a much bigger root mass and needs to drink much more! I have decided I need to get out there twice a week now. It's only for 6 more weeks, so I think I can do it. I just hate going in there too often because it always increases my exposure.

Third, the new spot. I am going over on Wedensday to take exact measurements, but I am thinking / hoping there will be enough room for an initial 18-20, 2 gallon plants. The plan is to pop about half of everything and look for some good moms and dads. There will be breeding in the future, so hopefully something good will come of this. I will obviously be removing the fathers when the show signs of sex and putting them in their own special little area. What do people think? What I have is:

10 White Label Double Bubble
10 Mandala Satori
10 Purple Rhino x Purple Kush (from a private breeder)
Green House Seeds:
2 AMS (fem)
2 Church (fem)
2 White Rhino (fem)
2 White Widow (fem)
2 Trainwreck (fem)
and some random freebies from G13 Labs (which IMHO are not THAT wonderful, if I get bored I will pop them)

I was thinking 5 of Double Bubble, 5 Satori, and 5 PRxPK, and maybe the White Rhino and the Trainwreck? I don't know if I should just grow one of each of those fems or if I should grow them side by side.

PLEASE let me know what you think, I'd love some opinions and reasoning for those opinions. There will also be a new log to go with all this.

Finally, some pictures. Before I killed everything today, I snapped some photos of the revegged Gigabud. It seems to have worked pretty easily and it was definitely on it's way to being a perfectly normal vegging plant. I was happy to see it work. I also have some shots of my genetics if anyone is interested.

Take care everyone and stay safe,
-sg

Reveg, notice the freak single leaves at first:
picture.php

picture.php

Genetics:
picture.php

picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
O-that sounds like a great new line up. Sucks about that big DP. Best wishes at the new spot.

O-that sounds like a great new line up. Sucks about that big DP. Best wishes at the new spot.

thanks dubwise ... any opinion on what i should be doing first? I can't decide what Green House Seeds I want to run.

I'm about to go check on the big DP right now. Gotta nurse her back to health it appears.

Thanks for the kind words buddy, cant wait to start showin off some of killa's work.

peace,
-sg

hey everyone, finally got out to my outdoor plots and snapped some pics. i fucking hate going out in the day, but i had to do some stuff.

anyways, i gotta make some food, but enjoy the pics. comments welcome!!

this is what happens when you don't use water crystals and it gets HOT for a couple of weeks ... so sad
picture.php

a durban poison i believe
picture.php

the one afghani out there
picture.php

a pretty decent sized dp "mini"
picture.php

the main garden ... can't really tell anything is there other than the big dead DP, and assuming it doesn't come back any in the next week or so, i'm just going to rip it down
picture.php

spying on a powerskunk in another spot... don't appear to be flowering yet, but i think they won't be ready until RIGHT before the first frost
picture.php

a little closer
picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
sup-o! that trainwreck would be nice. i'm about to order up the greenhouse k train. i bet that next op will be even better then this ride.

sup-o! that trainwreck would be nice. i'm about to order up the greenhouse k train. i bet that next op will be even better then this ride.

hell yes buddy, the next op is going to be great, i'm very excited to set it all up.

the trainwreck was pretty high on my list, i think i'm going to do that, the white widow and white rhino, along with all that other stuff i said too. i'll hold out on the AMS and Church until maybe the new year and i'll give those a try too.

:woohoo:

peace,
-sg

everyone out there is doing well. i just went and saw everyone. some of the "minis" should yeild a Z or two, we shall see. i love everyone doing well and blowin up. the less i see them, the more they grow :D

peace,
-sg