What's new

Help this stoner out...

drgr33nuk

Yup too green is too much Here's my coco grow just flowering. I'm the picture you can see a change in colour due to the lighting & camera. That's about as green as I like em really.

attachment.php

I have a diary here showing that strain from seed (bit sloppy as it's a quick run before I tear the room down and move) but gives you an idea of what a healthy plant in coco should be doing and in what timeframe. Not saying I'm a master & growing.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=286712

Can you just explain again to me what exactly are the variables of your room ie temp, humidity & what exactly are you feeding them ? And I'll see if I can get you on the right track in lamens.

papaduc

Veteran
This is where other things come in. growing isn't just about what you feed.
Any balanced feed at 1.0ec at that age will keep them green.

Don't keep them too wet and make sure there's good light on them. Give us a picture of them in their setup.

drgr33nuk

Mine ? Here's the system just a simple dripper dtw setup. I'n all the years I've grown in coco the one big factor I've noticed is water quality. Hard water and coco don't go hand in hand. Since using RO water I've noticed a big difference between plants. I've also run side by side experiments with RO vs tap and RO always ends up bigger and better.

I could explain my theory behind but I've already done so on lots of threads so I've give up on explaining haha.

attachment.php

papaduc

Veteran
Ah ok. If you ever really want to see what a mad effect Harpin can have, scratch a bit of stem on an experiment plant and apply a harpin paste to the exposed area. It seems to mimic the effect of revegging and branches shoot out everywhere.

drgr33nuk

Ah ok. If you ever really want to see what a mad effect Harpin can have, scratch a bit of stem on an experiment plant and apply a harpin paste to the exposed area. It seems to mimic the effect of revegging and branches shoot out everywhere.

No I haven't but that sounds crazy !! Do you have any pictures ? I have a brix meter and backed up with CO2 brix went through the roof.

papaduc

Veteran
It was years ago I did that. I've never used haprin since. I found I noticed no difference between those I used it on and those I didn't, at the suggested rates and methods of delivery so I experimented with it. When I scraped the stem and applied it directly to the open tissue the effect it had on that plant was crazy, but I wouldn't say it was desirable.

I think more experimenting with it could yield some interesting results but I never have and I certainly wouldn't be doing it with a main harvest.

drgr33nuk

It was years ago I did that. I've never used haprin since. I found I noticed no difference between those I used it on and those I didn't, at the suggested rates and methods of delivery so I experimented with it. When I scraped the stem and applied it directly to the open tissue the effect it had on that plant was crazy, but I wouldn't say it was desirable.

I think more experimenting with it could yield some interesting results but I never have and I certainly wouldn't be doing it with a main harvest.

Cool would be nice to have seen though. I rate it buddy through flowering to. It's been heavily researched all over the world and seems to perform time and time again. Halo is Harpin Alpha Beta and has 4 receptors rather than one so works more efficiently

Just stains your leaves dirty shit and it's not very nice to look at.

I wanna try lucas when I run out of what im using now but im confused. You say 6/9, I get that but I keep a very light feed and that seems too hot for me. What's the lowest ratio recommended...1/3? am I correct with the ratio there. 1/3, 2/5, 3/6, 4/7, 5/8, 6/9? I know thats wrong , can someone clear this up for me?

Snow Crash

Veteran
I wanna try lucas when I run out of what im using now but im confused. You say 6/9, I get that but I keep a very light feed and that seems too hot for me. What's the lowest ratio recommended...1/3? am I correct with the ratio there. 1/3, 2/5, 3/6, 4/7, 5/8, 6/9? I know thats wrong , can someone clear this up for me?

While it may seem too hot for you, there are many people using this formula. They know what they are doing and it is not too hot. I'd mix it as recommended and just water it down like you suggest if that was the case though.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I agree, why water down 6/9 1.0ec? If they have some roots this is perfect and I would expect problems from watering it down. It has to be a tiny seedling or clone with minimum developed roots before I use 3/4.5 half strength.

GonjaLove

BOOM!

BOOM!

So i didnt wanna flood the thread anymore until it was worthwhile...im pretty sure these would qualify as worthwhile :) 6/9 is a beautiful thing...i love simplicity. Now for a couple questions...do i wanna stay at 1.0 - 1.2 ec the whole way through flowering? should i use gh liquid koolbloom at all? ive heard alot of nightmares about pk boost and i def dont wanna burn these up. can someone chime in please?

Attachments

• 20140731_130044.jpg
    20140731_130044.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20140731_113053.jpg
    20140731_113053.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 8

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
So i didnt wanna flood the thread anymore until it was worthwhile...im pretty sure these would qualify as worthwhile :) 6/9 is a beautiful thing...i love simplicity. Now for a couple questions...do i wanna stay at 1.0 - 1.2 ec the whole way through flowering? should i use gh liquid koolbloom at all? ive heard alot of nightmares about pk boost and i def dont wanna burn these up. can someone chime in please?

You are not getting off that easy as far what to add and when:biggrin:

That 1.0-1.2 ec level is a good place to stay at or under but all the rest is debatable. It's up to you to read these two threads and make your own decisions. It's not liquid koolbloom but powdered koolbloom they used for the blasts, big difference. If you don't want to burn your plants then never add as much as some people do or tell you to do. 1tsp/gal sounds crazy so add 1/4tsp/gal etc.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674

I changed my rez tonight and mixed the 6\9 a gallon. Is there any need to keep using silica? I hope this formula kicks ass! I like the simpleness

10ftGanja

Silica until plain water
6/9 @ 1.0 isn't going to cut it in flower.
If its coming out 1.3 you can dilute it to 1.2 and everything should be good.
With silica & sm90 you might see 1.4-1.5 and that is fine.
If you go with the pk blasts do not dilute it further. Add the pk for one feed and that should be fine.
1tsp is a lot of pk. I don't know how people get away with that, but I would only attempt it if the plants were 100% healthy.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Well, the 6/9 wasn't working as good as the MB did on my first coco run. Through week 4 the bud development stalled and was nowhere near advanced as the same strains on MB. So I reread H3ads and Rezs threads to decide what to do. I found a post by slowandeasy who used blumats like I do. He used the KB not as single blasts but in weeks 4,5,6 he mixed the KB into his rez at 1/4tsp/gal with 6/9 and fed that daily thru blumats. So that's what I tried, the ec was still 1.2. The buds exploded and within 3 days are further advanced than on straight MB at the same stage. So that's where I'm at, no burn and healthy plants in week 5 and if it stays that way I'll run the low strength KB through week 6.

Latest posts

Latest posts