What's new

Help this stoner out...

GonjaLove

no yellowing anywhere except for these leaves on one plant...theres like 6 fan leaves that all look like this they are like a foot from the top of the plant...yellowish tips and little brown spots. she is also the biggest of the plants.

Attachments

• 20140906_100113.jpg
    20140906_100113.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140906_100241.jpg
    20140906_100241.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6

GonjaLove

actually now that i look at the pic, i guess there are a couple other smaller spots this is happening...so minute though that i didnt even notice when i went in to take the pics...im thinking they're hungry...just for what im not exactly sure...

Miraculous Meds

actually now that i look at the pic, i guess there are a couple other smaller spots this is happening...so minute though that i didnt even notice when i went in to take the pics...im thinking they're hungry...just for what im not exactly sure...

First, if ur giving them a solid base nute they don't need anything extra, its something else causing them not to be able to get the nute they are deficient in.

Talking on silica, I believe its K based, so those yellow looking leaves with the rusty brown necrosis spots remind me of that, possibly the silica K prob showing?

GonjaLove

I barely feed silica i only use 1ml...all I ever used...and ive been backing off on it over the last week. Like I said its the biggest lady...if it was burn wouldn't the smaller ones feel it first?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Some thing is unbalanced in da coco. You just giving them 6/9, little silica, dripclean and 2ml of KB? Are you giving them full strength 6/9? What ph 5.8?

GonjaLove

Full strength 6/9 ph 5.8 2ml liquid kb...I totally cut out the silica yesterday..I ran out and im not buying more lol especially when I read everyones post that it doeant really do shit

Miraculous Meds

Full strength 6/9 ph 5.8 2ml liquid kb...I totally cut out the silica yesterday..I ran out and im not buying more lol especially when I read everyones post that it doeant really do shit

Not saying it doesn't do shit. U just don't need it and it can cause probs as well as help. For me it was a prob, but I have success with out it.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran

I would run your reg nutes only get a lot of runoff 75% or more one time and foliar with some Epsom salts and surfactant or dish soap. If it doesn't help it can't hurt. Those bad leafs are goners.

Snow Crash

Veteran
Leaf tips are looking a little scorched, the leaf edges are curling up, and you have some brown, necrotic spotting.

First stop for me, and this is fucking wild because we're talking coco and 6/9, it's the pH of the solution. If you're missing the pH mark then you're missing it low and the media is too acidic which is keeping K, Ca, and Mg from being as available as they need to be. I suggest calibrating your meter just to be sure. How much pH down do you usually add to your reservoir when dealing with the Silica?

What I don't see is important. There's no interveinal chlorisis (yellowing between the margins) typically a buildup induced Magnesium deficiency. The elements that I think are in short supply right now are Calcium and Potassium. Since Magesium will compete for uptake with these elements, and there isn't a Magnesium deficiency, if you have buildup to contend with then I think you might have gone a little too far with the Mg. I know that Liquid KoolBloom has a little Mg in it but there's nothing up front that screams mis-fed.

What's your water quality?

Latest posts

Latest posts