What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

It's good to hear that your safe.
Thank you again everybody for all your support it seems that my house is one of three houses that made it out of seven on my street, I personally know five people that lost their homes, and some whole streets are left in piles of rubble. As soon as electricity is restored I will go down and help with the clean up efforts.

Last edited:

vermontman

On a happier note!
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE
Indoor harvest
Plant #2

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 010.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 013.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 032.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 069.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 074.JPG

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 047.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 008.JPG

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 040.JPG

hamstring

Veteran
Hello Hamstring and Tex, it seems I may have a bit of luck. but no flooding mostly severe wind damage. Waiting for further news but so far it looks like I lost the my carport off my house, a storage shed, the six foot privacy fence surrounding the whole yard and all my massive oak trees seem to be uprooted and leaning.
But it sounds like the main part of my house is still standing.
I learned to today of two more of my that brings it up to 5 good friends and neighbors who lost everything right around me. I still cannot get in touch with some of my other neighbors
There is very little communication in or out of the area due to the devestation and lack of power lines and cell phone services.
Hey brother , sorry to hear about your neighbors but glad the Vermontman homestead is still standing. Heres to hoping the insurance money will allow you to make some changes you have been wanting to.

vermontman

Hello Hamstring
thank you for your kind words and warm thoughts, though My place is an 1972 mobile home and therefore uninsurable but we will make the best of it once we get power turned back on over the next weeks. Right now just prepping, by getting chains saws serviced and extra chains, and just sort of reevaluating our next moves. So probably head there in about two weeks. The gas lines are running three miles long at the few stations still standing and that had auxilliary power. and many roads are kept open for work crews and there is a 9PM curfew, so giving a bit of time as to not mostly be in the way and part of the problem.

Greencedar

Glad to hear you're ok VM and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Everything is drying/curing nicely. I only harvested the top 2/3 of the green grape and left the rest since it was doing so well and wanted to see how it handles a bit of cold weather for next year. I'll have to do a taste test down the road to see how the later harvest time changes the smoke. We're are dipping down to 1 deg C here tonight and weather's been crisp. The two photos below are green grape buds around a week apart.

Attachments

• green grape.jpg
    green grape.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 51
  • GreenGrape.jpg
    GreenGrape.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 55

vermontman

Glad to hear you're ok VM and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Everything is drying/curing nicely. I only harvested the top 2/3 of the green grape and left the rest since it was doing so well and wanted to see how it handles a bit of cold weather for next year. I'll have to do a taste test down the road to see how the later harvest time changes the smoke. We're are dipping down to 1 deg C here tonight and weather's been crisp. The two photos below are green grape buds around a week apart.
Thank you GC!
Its hard to say which bud is prettier though I am partial to purple. But I think your ladies will be just fine just above freezing and can handle a bit of frost you may find it imparts different nuances to the flavors and the buds will even get ,more purple from the chill. It has gotten pretty cold here over the past several nights, I think last night got down to 35F I still have three large buds on a Grape outside with seed from fem pollen from her sister hoping these will finish up over the next two weeks.
I also feel that seed that does come through and finish in these conditions leads to even more robust and hardy offspring.
Please keep us up to date though, I will really be keen on how you find they smoke.
CHEERS!