What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@TexasTea , In fact the Zac Tribute wasn't supercroped much at all. I did the main stem very early on, just to get her to grow parallel to the ground, but other than that not much.
It was mainly achieved by staking the growing branches out, close to the ground and then later by using pea netting over her and just repositioning branches as required.

A very easy plant to grow.

My other plants are being supercroped on an almost daily basis as they continue to stretch.

Greencedar

We're getting close here and the weather is shifting Sunday so I should probably chop tomorrow. These are getting less light now due to some trees but I'm amazed at how they are finishing in these conditions. Best outdoor plants I have grown. I kept a blueberry going for a few years that started flower and finish around the same time frame but was prone to mold with the humidity we get in August and didn't yield like these beauties. Incredible to have outdoor sativa buds like this in Canada. No mold or mildew to be found. Can't wait to try the smoke.

Attachments

• green grape.jpg
    green grape.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 57
  • purple grape.jpg
    purple grape.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60

drosera420

Premium user
Putting up some one month cured shots of the Purple Satellite x Big Sur Holy Weed cross from vermontman. Of the 4 ladies 2 & 3 were outstanding in strength and long lasting. 5 & 6 are still really good too just not quite as much. Will see how they progress. I appologize but am unable to speak to smells, my sinuses never quite allow that level of discrimination. All I know is the wife has a new favorite.
Effects are clear, mid head, really upbeat and happy, minimal munchies. Puts a smile on your face and tends to make her chatty 😄.
Growing was not too bad, just pay attention to nitrogen and pH closely. These were in coco/led for 10 weeks give or take. For comparison #2 finished a week before #3. The also stretched a bit more than #5 & #6. One pinch kept them managed in the 5x5 tent. Diary can be found here https://www.icmag.com/threads/purple-satellite-x-big-sur-holy-weed-coco-grow.18123079/
ps x bshw #2 & #3 cured.jpg
ps x bshw #5 & #6 cured.jpg

vermontman

We're getting close here and the weather is shifting Sunday so I should probably chop tomorrow. These are getting less light now due to some trees but I'm amazed at how they are finishing in these conditions. Best outdoor plants I have grown. I kept a blueberry going for a few years that started flower and finish around the same time frame but was prone to mold with the humidity we get in August and didn't yield like these beauties. Incredible to have outdoor sativa buds like this in Canada. No mold or mildew to be found. Can't wait to try the smoke.
Hello Greencedar!
It looks like both your phenos are running neck and neck for finish time I usually see the Purples coming in first. I was always a fan of DJ's
breeding and certainly took a few clues from his Blueberry breeding work. Did you happen to take full plant pics at the end?
By the way great work on your grow. I would really be keen on a smoke report or any other updates in the future.
CHEERS!

vermontman

Putting up some one month cured shots of the Purple Satellite x Big Sur Holy Weed cross from vermontman. Of the 4 ladies 2 & 3 were outstanding in strength and long lasting. 5 & 6 are still really good too just not quite as much. Will see how they progress. I appologize but am unable to speak to smells, my sinuses never quite allow that level of discrimination. All I know is the wife has a new favorite.
Effects are clear, mid head, really upbeat and happy, minimal munchies. Puts a smile on your face and tends to make her chatty 😄.
Growing was not too bad, just pay attention to nitrogen and pH closely. These were in coco/led for 10 weeks give or take. For comparison #2 finished a week before #3. The also stretched a bit more than #5 & #6. One pinch kept them managed in the 5x5 tent. Diary can be found here https://www.icmag.com/threads/purple-satellite-x-big-sur-holy-weed-coco-grow.18123079/
View attachment 18760332 View attachment 18760333
Wonderful harvest there!
Looks like you nailed the culture on these.
Thank you for your link also!

vermontman

Vysocinagrower

Veteran
I must say I love seeing others use my work in their crosses, it really gives me perspective in which direction I can look at as options.
and it is also flattering.
Respect your work. You have created great stuff.

Purple Satellite is really interesting for me. I work with Hawaiian sativa this year and would like to test green mountain grape.

Are you planning any new varieties?

vermontman

OAXACAN GOLD
Sister clone growing outside ready to harvest soon.
No mold even with all the rain, but what a difference in every way from indoor Blurple LED grown plants.
But you can really see the Oax coming through in all the
Green Mountain Seeds strains in vigor mold resistance and super early flowering.
She is clearly my ACE!

OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 007.JPG
OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 011.JPG
OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 014.JPG
OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 019.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 004.JPG

Attachments

• OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 021.JPG
    OAXACAN GOLD PLANT C OUTDOORS 021.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

vermontman

Respect your work. You have created great stuff.

Purple Satellite is really interesting for me. I work with Hawaiian sativa this year and would like to test green mountain grape.

Are you planning any new varieties?

Hey my friend!
Thank you for your kind words. The Grape is really amazing, it is faster flowering than it's parents and people just seem to love the final product.
I do not intend to release anything new, but I am doing a repeat release of Mountain Gold By popular demand. That is Oaxacan Gold X Hawaiian Sativa. Just waiting for the seeds to finish.

Last edited:

MIGreenman

I hope you all are enjoying what is turning out to be the annual sweet spot of this whole thread. All the outdoor coming in. Fantastic work all around. I mean like everybody. I'll have some pics coming up on my indoor PBB which should be done around mid-october but this time of year is just pure magic. Enjoy everybody

vermontman

Man I love it!!!
Zacatecas Tribute
with the heavy Oaxacan Gold and the Big Sur Holy weed influences puts out some serious bulk if she is happy, and boy she looks happy. Are you getting the heavy pine smells from her?

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Man I love it!!!
Zacatecas Tribute puts out some serious bulk if she is happy, and boy she looks happy. Are you getting the heavy pine smells from her?
Such an easy plant to grow.

Yeah, a sweet heavy pine with a little menthol.

She's very smelly indeed.

Interestingly the one I gave to a friend is not as pungent, but has much more of a menthol smell. It also seems almost 2 weeks in front of mine.

Does that sound correct for the different pheno?

Greencedar

Hello Greencedar!
It looks like both your phenos are running neck and neck for finish time I usually see the Purples coming in first. I was always a fan of DJ's
breeding and certainly took a few clues from his Blueberry breeding work. Did you happen to take full plant pics at the end?
By the way great work on your grow. I would really be keen on a smoke report or any other updates in the future.
CHEERS!
Here are some full plant pics. Plants were topped once and I ended up with 3 main leader colas and a handful of big lower branches (the fence shaded the lower plant). Very happy with the yield. I only harvested the top 1/3 of the plants and left the lower stuff still growing to see how it does with the weather coming. Hardly any crappy popcorn buds, everything was a fully formed respectable bud! Green probably could have gone an extra week and the purple was absolutely ripe.

Attachments

• green1.jpg
    green1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • green2.jpg
    green2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 73
  • purple01.jpg
    purple01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • PurpleLeftGreenRight.jpg
    PurpleLeftGreenRight.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

vermontman

Such an easy plant to grow.

Yeah, a sweet heavy pine with a little menthol.

She's very smelly indeed.

Interestingly the one I gave to a friend is not as pungent, but has much more of a menthol smell. It also seems almost 2 weeks in front of mine.

Does that sound correct for the different pheno?
I have seen little difference in Zacatecas finish time here, not to say it cannot happen but I would suspect cultural differences like amount of full sunlight, or other micro climate diferences effects.

vermontman

Here are some full plant pics. Plants were topped once and I ended up with 3 main leader colas and a handful of big lower branches (the fence shaded the lower plant). Very happy with the yield. I only harvested the top 1/3 of the plants and left the lower stuff still growing to see how it does with the weather coming. Hardly any crappy popcorn buds, everything was a fully formed respectable bud! Green probably could have gone an extra week and the purple was absolutely ripe.
Man harvest day!
That's a beautiful thing!
So looking forward to smoke report when ready? And are you getting the Grape smell off of these?
My last run both phenos were certainly grape, the purple a bit more complex and the green smelled like green Welches grape juice.

Latest posts

Latest posts