What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

H. Hanzō

Yes she did! Purple Michoacan almost got trashed but I got a wonderful smoke report today. There is very little fragrance but very mild pine and just a hint of citrus, again very mild almost not very noticeable. But she is of very good upbeat potency.
I made seed of Michoacan X self and also I bred her into my Oaxacan Gold purple line. Could be very interesting as a pure Mexican cross.
Bellow pics of harvested Michoacan.
Tasty looking shots indeed sir! Yum! Thank you for the update. Alas, no ‘haze’ fragrance then?

vermontman

Hello Hanzo
I have been running the Oaxacan gold is from 1979 but I did not make fresh seed every year, but if I had to guess the Oaxacan is on F35ish?
And The Hawaiian Sativa is about maybe F10 along.
And Mountain Gold is an F1 cross of those two IBLs.
Hope that helps.

H. Hanzō

I meant when you outbred the Oaxacan Gold (due to inbred depression). How many generations have passed since that cubing back to Oaxacan Gold.

“Mountain Gold was bred out of necessity after over 35 years Oaxacan gold/Skull began loosing vigor but fortunately not potency Oax became very nute sensitive and very prone to even just a bit of over watering even organics. […] the next year I tried Hawaiian Sativa I retrieved from Vancouver. Man that nailed it! the cross was perfect! So that seed was crossed back three time to original Oax/Skull and the Oax Line was restored”

HH

vermontman

I meant when you outbred the Oaxacan Gold (due to inbred depression). How many generations have passed since that cubing back to Oaxacan Gold.

“Mountain Gold was bred out of necessity after over 35 years Oaxacan gold/Skull began loosing vigor but fortunately not potency Oax became very nute sensitive and very prone to even just a bit of over watering even organics. […] the next year I tried Hawaiian Sativa I retrieved from Vancouver. Man that nailed it! the cross was perfect! So that seed was crossed back three time to original Oax/Skull and the Oax Line was restored”

HH
Thank you! I am very proud to keep Oax around but she has been my favorite cannabis cultivar to grow for every reason one would grow cannabis IMHO I out crossed Oax to HA in 2011 and so maybe around F20ish. She is a bit finicky pure but I keep going back to my 2014 seeds and make large batches of fresh seed from that year. And this year I also crossed her back with her purple line as to get a recombination of genes. and made a bunch of fresh green line genes using three best girls and three strongest males again from 2014 seed. I also will keep Mountain Gold seeds to add new genes in again if it seems to become important to keeping up the vitality, in coming years.

H. Hanzō

Thank you! I am very proud to keep Oax around but she has been my favorite cannabis cultivar to grow for every reason one would grow cannabis IMHO I out crossed Oax to HA in 2011 and so maybe around F20ish. She is a bit finicky pure but I keep going back to my 2014 seeds and make large batches of fresh seed from that year. And this year I also crossed her back with her purple line as to get a recombination of genes. and made a bunch of fresh green line genes using three best girls and three strongest males again from 2014 seed. I also will keep Mountain Gold seeds to add new genes in again if it seems to become important to keeping up the vitality, in coming years.
Please do! The Mountain Gold I experienced was wonderful, all around top notch - stellar plants. Growth, vigor, pathways, bloom time, terpene profiles, quality + duration of trip, bag appeal. It immediately dropped anchor and took permanent residence. For all who haven’t experienced this strain yet please do yourself a favor and grab this go round.

Were the first Mountain Gold offerings at ACE the original F1’s from 2011 you made? If so, outstanding germination rates :)

Thank you for indulging me VM, I nerd from time to time.

RobFromTX

Please do! The Mountain Gold I experienced was wonderful, all around top notch - stellar plants. Growth, vigor, pathways, bloom time, terpene profiles, quality + duration of trip, bag appeal. It immediately dropped anchor and took permanent residence. For all who haven’t experienced this strain yet please do yourself a favor and grab this go round.

Were the first Mountain Gold offerings at ACE the original F1’s from 2011 you made? If so, outstanding germination rates :)

Its an outstanding strain. Makes the grow room smell like cotton candy

vermontman

Nerds are my favorite people ,maybe because I am a plant nerd myself.
I just love things that are unique. But no the first Mountain Gold seeds I offered were F1s but from, boy time is challenging! but maybe 2015 but will be very much the same as current MG.
And also thank you so much for the recognition of her quality
So many people just don't seem to get the simple purity of the cannabis of yesterday just caught up on the hype trendy names and not what I feel is the quality of simplicity and purity. A bit redundent I know but I am currently a bit buzzed.

vermontman

Its an outstanding strain. Makes the grow room smell like cotton candy
Greastly appreciated sentiment, Some of my favorite breeders and strains came from the North West BC Vancouver area, one of the best melting pots of some of the finest early breeding of cannabis, and there was actually a strain called Cotton Candy and it was if I remember correctly a cross of Hawaiian Sativa X Mikado. My biggest fear and regret is that people are now forgetting all these magical varieties in replaced by fancy names, marketing ploys and forget where the true value and the real roots of some of the finest most original cannabis strains and how these amazingly unique premuddied gems be forgotten and how they can disappear forever. Just seems pitiful. Almost as sad as the loss of landrace strains.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Greastly appreciated sentiment, Some of my favorite breeders and strains came from the North West BC Vancouver area, one of the best melting pots of some of the finest early breeding of cannabis, and there was actually a strain called Cotton Candy and it was if I remember correctly a cross of Hawaiian Sativa X Mikado. My biggest fear and regret is that people are now forgetting all these magical varieties in replaced by fancy names, marketing ploys and forget where the true value and the real roots of some of the finest most original cannabis strains and how these amazingly unique premuddied gems be forgotten and how they can disappear forever. Just seems pitiful. Almost as sad as the loss of landrace strains.
Yeah i missed all the federation strains. But i also like the way the plants grow like a self sustaining cactus. Which from reading a vintage catalog is also attributed to the Hawaiian(y)

RobFromTX

VTman do you have plans to restock at real gorilla as well as Ace? I just wanted to jump ahead and find out since you mentioned limited supply. I'd sure love to get my hands on that zacatecas as well

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Well, this heirloom Michoacan that VM gifted me is certainly pretty stuff! :D The buds are nearly black in color, just amazing looking weed. They have a sweet piney fragrance with some dark fruit mixed in. The high is typically sativa, clear and heady, with very little body component to it, and it's nice for working outside on a lovely fall day. I can't wait to try growing it mixed with the Oaxacan.

PXL_20221012_152202758.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts