What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Haze 19 A5 feminized limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is looking lovely @Ur Humbl Nr8tor can't wait to see her in flowering, but better she grows much bigger before that.

Next year i would recommend you to work the soil adding LOTS of prime quality dark peat and worm casting. To avoid the ph problem of your water: place a big container in the shade that you can easily refill from your water source, then adjust ph and ec for every watering before open the drip.

After solving these issues, plants will grow x2-x3 times bigger, multiplying yield, their root system will be much bigger and healthier so plants will establish much smoother after the transplant to the ground, micro life in the ground will be tons more active, and the harvest will be way tastier, buds grown in high ph in my opinion do not fully develop their terpene potential.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
She is looking lovely @Ur Humbl Nr8tor can't wait to see her in flowering, but better she grows much bigger before that.

Next year i would recommend you to work the soil adding LOTS of prime quality dark peat and worm casting. To avoid the ph problem of your water: place a big container in the shade that you can easily refill from your water source, then adjust ph and ec for every watering before open the drip.

After solving these issues, plants will grow x2-x3 times bigger, multiplying yield, their root system will be much bigger and healthier so plants will establish much smoother after the transplant to the ground, micro life in the ground will be tons more active, and the harvest will be way tastier, buds grown in high ph in my opinion do not fully develop their terpene potential.
Hey dubi. I just picked up some chicken manure. Tomorrow morning, I will work that in along with more of the EWC and some granular organic fertilizer I have already used. I brought my pH down acid solution out to the grove so can make some manual adjustments in 5 gallon buckets of water per suggestion. The water already runs through a filter to remove chlorine and other components in the city water.

also putting some mulch down, so let’s see how things look in a few weeks. This green haze has likely another 6 weeks before she’s really in flower, so I expect a lot more vertical growth by then.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
So after additions of chicken manure and more worm castings, I laid down some bark mulch and then topped that all off with straw. Still need to figure out water and a lower pH, but think this is a big step in the right direction. In Hawaii now. Trying to enjoy myself while also being very humble and cognizant of the suffering ongoing in Maui and on the big island. Prayers for the locals.
IMG_4632.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is indeed a sexy beauty, friend :D great structure and beautiful sativa leaves ala Mexican style! I have the feeling the amending of the soil has improved her growth, since then she shows a healthier green color and stronger structure. Any sign of flowering start ?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hola, dubi. She seems like any minute she will show her early flower structure, but she asks for some patience. Very Mexican leafed…but her late flowering makes me think she will be a special girl.

Yes, the added chicken manure, EWC and hand watering with a slightly lower pH. She’s on the normal water routine…so at least half her water is around pH 7. When I hand water, I drop to about 6.2. Regardless, she’s really starting to come to her own…which I think is the case for all the plants in the grove. I push them too far in small pots before the transplant and pay the price for their slow growth…but if you look at all the rest of the plants, I think you can say they all look better than they did 4 weeks ago. Just in time, I guess. 😆

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’d also say thanks for calling me out to lower the source pH. It’s obviously making a difference. I’ll do it as much as I’m able. Sure there needs to be a few auto waters at pH 7 when I’m not around but for the most part, I should be able to give them that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A true tropica sativa diva :love: @Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Results are like night and day when measuring ph and ec for the whole cycle vs not doing it.
Another trick to improve plants growth and vitality: if summers are very hot and dry there, wet the soil nearby the plants oftenly, in that way root system will be healthier and will expand better (especially horizontally), micro life will be more active, this will translate into bigger, more vigorous, better structured plants that will produce much more quantity of flowers, and of better quality too.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yes, I’ve been dropping the pH from 7 to low 6. but haven’t really been monitoring EC as the water coming out of the hose filter is what it is. All amendments minus a few EWC feedings are already built into the soil. I use this for filtering the local water. 1694795272378.jpeg

The main grove watering is all on non-filtered local water supply. I try to water a foot or two beyond the plants (those in soil) to expand the root zone outwards.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some shots from different times today. Mild aromas, but I can smell the A5 meaty spice is in there. She’s hungry, so I’ve been adding nitrogen inputs since the last one or two waterings, so I think everything should be kicking in.
IMG_5619.jpeg
IMG_5621.jpeg
IMG_5623.jpeg
IMG_5624.jpeg
IMG_5724.jpeg
IMG_5829.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpeg
IMG_5832.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5824.jpeg
    IMG_5824.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Glad you are starting to get familiarized with signature A5 Haze terps @Ur Humbl Nr8tor :)
Apart from that, she indeed looks very Green Haze dominant for almost all traits.
Thanks for the frequent updates friend.
Yes, there are definitely some terps that aren’t the normal green haze aromas. I think the A5 also kept the height in a bit of check. Pure green OTH could likely be a couple feet taller. Flowers are starting to look nice.
IMG_5931.jpeg
IMG_5936.jpeg
IMG_5938.jpeg
IMG_5940.jpeg
IMG_5943.jpeg