What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandpa’s Kirivong Cambodian, Zomia Collective

GrandpaMillenial

Squirrel tail #1, I think it's the best selection of the 4 they offer...
I grew panama (ace) a long time ago and I also found plants with that description and some with pink pistils that had a sweet smell like vanilla, the green ones had a better effect for me... long lasting, little body weight and some paranoia hahaha

try to get foytong or tiger tail.. if i'm not mistaken the government listed it as the highest thc strain, swamiseed says kroeng krawia is similar to congo pointe noire but congo is more trippy

my green panama

I almost went with squirrel tail #1, i had a audio chat with zomia and he was said 1&4 where the longest flowering.

Your Green Panama looks amazing, awesome job!

My panama keeper is a very green sativa, my first grow with em had a red and the one I selected turned a nice gold, she currently impregnated with about 100 cambodian seeds.

Here are some pics of my last panamas.

(girl on far right)
IMG_9667.jpeg

closeup
IMG_9670.jpeg

She was slow to flower, slow to fill out, but when she did, she passed the other two in production, I smoke that whole plant already lol

I haven’t looked into foytong yet, but I had my eye on tiger tail!

GrandpaMillenial

Did these come from international shipping or is there a distributor in the us?

Zomia came from france. Ace Panama & Flo I purchased at seedcellar which are approved vendors from DJ short and Ace. OJD is a member on this site, in the UK. Tom’s seed was pure dumb luck. Hippie Cannabis Genetics is on the site, not sure how active, https://www.icmag.com/threads/1970-colombian-gold.18062447/

I watched his grow on Instagram and realized his stock was the same that hyp3rids was using.

Bona Fortuna

Zomia came from france. Ace Panama & Flo I purchased at seedcellar which are approved vendors from DJ short and Ace. OJD is a member on this site, in the UK. Tom’s seed was pure dumb luck. Hippie Cannabis Genetics is on the site, not sure how active, https://www.icmag.com/threads/1970-colombian-gold.18062447/

I watched his grow on Instagram and realized his stock was the same that hyp3rids was using.

Ok, so the Zomia do come internationally. Good to know!
Yeah, I’ve got a slew of Ace seed already, Panama, zamaldelica, GT v1, Gauwi, and a few others. I got most from ACE direct when they shipped to the US a few years back.

Bona Fortuna

Have you grown out their Guawi?

Thats on my list of things to grow!
I haven’t grown it yet, but have been itching to do so. I have a few beans I plan on running before Guawi. Zamaldelica, Kingdom Organic Seeds Black Forrest (Mr. Greengenes/Revs ‘Cherry bomb’ Maui/Vietnam black)/Vietnam black and Congo Bhai Bhai, Equilibrium’s ‘79 Mr. Greengenes ‘Cherry bomb’ Maui/THH, and a homeworked ibl. Hopefully the Guawi keep for that long haha…

Both parents make it seem like it would be a winner. Strawberry from the Guatemalan and density and power from Malawi! Yum!
I got the Guawi because they didn’t have the Guatemalan pure in stock, which was what I was really after.

GrandpaMillenial

I haven’t grown it yet, but have been itching to do so. I have a few beans I plan on running before Guawi. Zamaldelica, Kingdom Organic Seeds Black Forrest (Mr. Greengenes/Revs ‘Cherry bomb’ Maui/Vietnam black)/Vietnam black and Congo Bhai Bhai, Equilibrium’s ‘79 Mr. Greengenes ‘Cherry bomb’ Maui/THH, and a homeworked ibl. Hopefully the Guawi keep for that long haha…

Both parents make it seem like it would be a winner. Strawberry from the Guatemalan and density and power from Malawi! Yum!
I got the Guawi because they didn’t have the Guatemalan pure in stock, which was what I was really after.

Thats awesome, if you get some cherry flavored weed definitely cross it with some strawberry flavored weed. That would be amazing.

I think gauwi, gautemalen, or honduran would all be worth exploring out of aces seed stash.

I think they used the old malawi killer in guawi.

GrandpaMillenial

getting back on topic, here are some images kroeng krawia and squirreltail

grown by swamiseeds

I discussed some of these thai girls with hempy and tom hill.

They both had positive things to say.

I see gascan is mentioning the blue and purple on the flowers, I had a bit of that purpling also. Tom said that was a specific trait to avoid on the thai girls, especially when the purple comes from the inside.

btw, i cut some sample buds yesterday.

IMG_9925.jpeg

bud on left is from the girl on the left and the bud on the right is from the plant on the right.

EnjoyingLife

I discussed some of these thai girls with hempy and tom hill.

They both had positive things to say.

I see gascan is mentioning the blue and purple on the flowers, I had a bit of that purpling also. Tom said that was a specific trait to avoid on the thai girls, especially when the purple comes from the inside.

btw, i cut some sample buds yesterday.

View attachment 18881309

bud on left is from the girl on the left and the bud on the right is from the plant on the right.
Did he (Tom)give details as to why one should avoid it(purple on thais)?

GrandpaMillenial

Did he (Tom)give details as to why one should avoid it(purple on thais)?

Here are some direct quotes from Tom Hill himself. only one of these was directly too me, I have adhd and probably a bit of the tism (both are in my family), so I find Tom’s communication style hilarious…

“That's funny as hell. I don't trust purple plants of any line, but especially them ones that purple from the inside out like that. Holland was filled with that inside out type 30 years ago, when I see them it still makes my eye twitch. Never in my life can I remember any purple plant that I could honestly say I really liked a lot.”

“The day will come when photosynthesis efficiency - genetically environmental thresholds/triggers will be linked to cannabinoid biosythesis efficiency. Beware the purple bracts/calyx.”

“That's too dark it doesn't stand a chance. Purple weed is for squares man.”

“The lime green to gold has always been the best for me I really have no interest in purple weed in my experience it is always inferior.”

“There are no decent purple pink flowers that shit is for squares anybody who goes against me on this is a fucking liar 😂😂 😂😂😂

“Yeah I agree is why I said don't see purple there we don't care about leafs I am talking bracts/calyx.”

“When I poddy mouth purple grass I am not speaking in absolutes really as I am certain there will be exceptions always. It's just that for decades my favorites tend to be lighter colored calyx, pale, golden, hey psst, Blondie. I am unsure if there is genetic correlation there or it could be as simple as the lighter colors run a bit lower temps in flower and are therefore not as ruined haha”

“The ones that resist purpling on bracts are exempt from that. Purple leaves are fine. But any and all plants whose bract/calyx purp out are inferior to their green siblings in 40 years of observation. It's just ghetto crap purple weed 😂

EnjoyingLife

Here are some direct quotes from Tom Hill himself. only one of these was directly too me, I have adhd and probably a bit of the tism (both are in my family), so I find Tom’s communication style hilarious…

“That's funny as hell. I don't trust purple plants of any line, but especially them ones that purple from the inside out like that. Holland was filled with that inside out type 30 years ago, when I see them it still makes my eye twitch. Never in my life can I remember any purple plant that I could honestly say I really liked a lot.”

“The day will come when photosynthesis efficiency - genetically environmental thresholds/triggers will be linked to cannabinoid biosythesis efficiency. Beware the purple bracts/calyx.”

“That's too dark it doesn't stand a chance. Purple weed is for squares man.”

“The lime green to gold has always been the best for me I really have no interest in purple weed in my experience it is always inferior.”

“There are no decent purple pink flowers that shit is for squares anybody who goes against me on this is a fucking liar 😂😂 😂😂😂

“Yeah I agree is why I said don't see purple there we don't care about leafs I am talking bracts/calyx.”

“When I poddy mouth purple grass I am not speaking in absolutes really as I am certain there will be exceptions always. It's just that for decades my favorites tend to be lighter colored calyx, pale, golden, hey psst, Blondie. I am unsure if there is genetic correlation there or it could be as simple as the lighter colors run a bit lower temps in flower and are therefore not as ruined haha”

“The ones that resist purpling on bracts are exempt from that. Purple leaves are fine. But any and all plants whose bract/calyx purp out are inferior to their green siblings in 40 years of observation. It's just ghetto crap purple weed 😂

I'm there with you on ADHD and the tism.
Idk if the latter runs in my family but ADHD does and honestly as broad as the spectrum is I'd say we all fall on it somewhere (tism). I've been told I remind people of someone with Asperger's...

Tom does have his own communication style and it is funny lol. I was listening to him on the potcast when I noticed.

It seems it comes down to preference but he may be onto something when he says
I'm no botanist though.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

I chopped em today at the twelve week mark, girl on right could have gone a few more weeks, but its all heavily seeded so im gonn reveg, make clones and refresh all my keepers and then regrow these girls

IMG_9958.jpeg

IMG_9959.jpeg

Ill post up some bud shots soon, just been busy over the long weekend.

a few selected branches are drying for my personal seed preservation.

IMG_9960.jpeg

IMG_9961.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I chopped em today at the twelve week mark, girl on right could have gone a few more weeks, but its all heavily seeded so im gonn reveg, make clones and refresh all my keepers and then regrow these girls

View attachment 18885897

View attachment 18885898

Ill post up some bud shots soon, just been busy over the long weekend.

a few selected branches are drying for my personal seed preservation.

View attachment 18885899

View attachment 18885900
That's a kick-ass grow with very pretty plants. I think that will give you plenty to work with and find those keepers.

GrandpaMillenial

camflodian sounds great.

note about mango smells made me smile, so much of mango weed in south asia...

Thanks Maha! The mango was only present in about a quarter of the plants so hopefully it carries through!

Unfortunately my flo decided it was done, I was revegging the same plant a second time and now she is sadly gone. It was my girlfriend’s favorite smoke, it turned her OCD off and lasted for about 3 hours.

Latest posts

Latest posts