What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1970 Colombian Gold

HippieCannaGen

Hello all, i have these '70 Colombian Gold flowering from original seeds my father collected back in 1970, they sat in an old film cannister until 2016 when he passed and inherited his seed collection. It wasnt a large collection by any means but it was a small selection of strain from 1969-1975. All original seeds he collected from bales/bricks/bundles that he "obtained" during that time.

These are currently on the end of week 16, and in my opinion habe 9-10 ish more weeks to go before they are ready for harvest

ive been growing landraces since 2014 and gearing up to begin doing preservation runs of every strain i habe from my dad. I wanted to get experience growing long flowering plants before i dove into these.

Attachments

• IMG_20220201_185150.jpg
    IMG_20220201_185150.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20220203_190152.jpg
    IMG_20220203_190152.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20220203_190205.jpg
    IMG_20220203_190205.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20220126_163635.jpg
    IMG_20220126_163635.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20220203_152437.jpg
    IMG_20220203_152437.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20220126_163643.jpg
    IMG_20220126_163643.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20220127_122143.jpg
    IMG_20220127_122143.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 233

Hempy McNoodle

Hello all, i have these '70 Colombian Gold flowering from original seeds my father collected back in 1970, they sat in an old film cannister until 2016 when he passed and inherited his seed collection. It wasnt a large collection by any means but it was a small selection of strain from 1969-1975. All original seeds he collected from bales/bricks/bundles that he "obtained" during that time.

These are currently on the end of week 16, and in my opinion habe 9-10 ish more weeks to go before they are ready for harvest

ive been growing landraces since 2014 and gearing up to begin doing preservation runs of every strain i habe from my dad. I wanted to get experience growing long flowering plants before i dove into these.

They look a lot like the 1972s I have from underground seed co stock. Very nice! What other strains did your dad have?

Cvh

Supermod
Your plants are looking very nice! Great job. :good:

How were the seeds stored? In a film cannister as you said? But was it in a drawer or cupboard or a box in the attic/cellar or garage? Just being curious.

What was the germ rate on those old seeds?

Cheers

Nexus7

Would be nice if you sold all your Dad's old strains on a website somewhere?

Hey wait a minute ....

Nice sales pitch bud :tiphat:

HippieCannaGen

1st yes i do have a website. Its not even remotely close to being, done or even able to take orders of anykind. Go ahead and try.
2nd I do have other strains of my dads, they were kept in a wooden jewelry box in his dresser for 50 years.

1969 Acapulco gold
1969 Vietnamese delta
1970 Colombian gold
1971 Panama red
1972 Colombian red
1973 Durban
1975 Jamaican

i have grown some of them out already, but i have not sold seeds of them yet.

I just wanted to "show them off" thats all. But thanks anyway.

i dont have enough space to run them more than 2 strains at a time, i have a backlog of over 40 other landraces that i need to do preservation runs on. So for now the colombian is the first up to be preserved of the old seed stock i have.

Also germination rates are about 30%

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1st yes i do have a website. Its not even remotely close to being, done or even able to take orders of anykind. Go ahead and try.
2nd I do have other strains of my dads, they were kept in a wooden jewelry box in his dresser for 50 years.

1969 Acapulco gold
1969 Vietnamese delta
1970 Colombian gold
1971 Panama red
1972 Colombian red
1973 Durban
1975 Jamaican

i dont have enough space to run them more than 2 strains at a time, i have a backlog of over 40 other landraces that i need to do preservation runs on. So for now the colombian is the first up to be preserved of the old seed stock i have.

This is bullshit …I think you’re spamming

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don’t have to know you and it’s pretty obvious what you do …this is bullshit ..Dude you’re the one here spamming yourself talking about the extinct strains from the past that are impossible to germinate after 50 years (stored in your father’s wooden box ?) and that your website isn’t up and running yet so clearly obvious spam:tongue: please stop & you’ve been flagged …Germinating 50 year old seeds ? come on give us all a break:moon:…What do you have a time machine or something?

Cvh

Supermod
HippieCannaGen , as to inform you, advertising without buying a banner is not allowed here on the forum. If you wish to advertise here then follow the instructions on this page.

https://www.icmag.com/advertise

Any advertising done (this includes posting links to your website) without having bought a banner will be considered spam and will very possibly result in your account getting banned.

Cheers

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

1969 Acapulco gold
1969 Vietnamese delta
1970 Colombian gold
1971 Panama red
1972 Colombian red
1973 Durban
1975 Jamaican

How can I put in a pre-order for these rare genetics ? Can I put down a deposit to secure my place in line? I don't want to miss out. Do you take credit cards, or should I send in a blank postal MO like we usually do?