What's new

Grandpa’s Kirivong Cambodian, Zomia Collective

GrandpaMillenial

Clean up bottom leaves and a light watering.

IMG_9750.jpeg

KAGNCHA

@GrandpaMillenial , how it's going man?
Beautiful plants... but you'll soon know if it's a Cambodian Sativa or not. Because me I've never seen any Cambodian Sativa looking like this before. But again it's impossible that I've seen everything.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

@GrandpaMillenial , how it's going man? My previous account was "TINY RASCAL"...
Beautiful plants... but you'll soon know if it's a Cambodian Sativa or not. Because me I've never seen any Cambodian Sativa looking like this before. But again it's impossible that I've seen everything.

The leaves are fatter and paperthin as I had my lights lifted really high in an attempt to keep the lighting even through the tent. Im dropping the lights a little every day now.

hopefully they get that classic sativa look soon

KAGNCHA

The leaves are fatter and paperthin as I had my lights lifted really high in an attempt to keep the lighting even through the tent. Im dropping the lights a little every day now.

hopefully they get that classic sativa look soon
Hopefully... perhaps because you'd took good care of the plants.

Last edited:

blondie

Hey grandpa. I was thinking of this post the other night. I have these ginormous sativas where led really doesn't get down to the bottom half or even 2/3 of the plant. I was chopping a ton of larf off. I think you are maximizing light for what you are growing. Maybe smaller yield but seems a better quality in the end. Thinking go this route in the future. Looking forward to seeing your end result.

GrandpaMillenial

Hey grandpa. I was thinking of this post the other night. I have these ginormous sativas where led really doesn't get down to the bottom half or even 2/3 of the plant. I was chopping a ton of larf off. I think you are maximizing light for what you are growing. Maybe smaller yield but seems a better quality in the end. Thinking go this route in the future. Looking forward to seeing your end result.

You got it 100%, I only try to grow the top buds, i actually strip away lower budsites and just focus on a crown of bud sites that get direct light. The yields are a bit smaller but its all top shelf, only thing im missing is all the loose airy larf that is a pain to trim

GrandpaMillenial

Pics taken yesterday, didn’t have time to upload…

I have 4 plants not showing sex, I am assuming they are female.

IMG_9775.jpeg

I have 6 males, i just need to figure out which two are my favorite, most plants are giving my some nice fragrant mango smells.
IMG_9777.jpeg

I’ll keep the males around long enough to fertilize a few lower buds on each plant.

But with only 4 females this looks like a perfect situation for a Scrog.

I’ll be smoke testing the males soon.

GrandpaMillenial

Reviewing the males, found a hermaphrodite that was also the first male to show, damn, it did smell good and was very promising, oh well, in the compost pile.

I have 2 males left.
Both have a strong mango smell, square hollow stems.

IMG_9778.jpeg

The one on the left is a little slower to flower and smells more of fermented fruit.

IMG_9780.jpeg

The one on the right is further along and a bit more mango flavored.

IMG_9779.jpeg

I have samples to smoke and i took a second round of samples to dry out.

GrandpaMillenial

After much debate, stem rubs, and even smoking a few leaves, i have selected a male to keep this line alive.

I went with the shorter flowering male, just more vigorous all around, stronger smell and even a bit of a high when smoking leaves.

IMG_9799.jpeg

IMG_9800.jpeg

He’s been moved to my back up tent and will continue flowering and will polinate a DJ Short Flo, and an Ace’s Panama.

IMG_9801.jpeg

Flo x Cambodian will be called “CamFlodian”

Otherwise, the girls have adapted to training and are filling in the space

IMG_9802.jpeg