What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
@ Care_Giver - that'd be because of the Sour Bubble influence in the Sour Dubb - and the Sour Dubb influence in the GG#4...

Play with enough BOG genes and you are bound to find some nuance similarities...

dank.Frank

;)

Heres one more. Less but still some...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are my Gorillas in their 1st week of flower. Very healthy and vigorous, but I'm still hopin for alot more stretch. I was hoping they'd make it to the top of the wall, but I don't think there was enough veg time.
Either way, these are gonna be some big girls. Never been topped. These girls were cuts in a cloner 30 days ago. Wow.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Crooked8 is corret..... that's a dud for sure... those light green pointy ass leaves are an early indicator in flower for me... I bet the stems will snap a lot easier than any of the other strains.. If by week 3 when everything starts to get some frost and your lady isn't putting out a decent scent by then... might have gone el Dud O on u

Duds can be graded on different levels.. like 1-5.. with 1 being total hemp ...and 5 almost back to normal

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same room. I just keep making minor changes to the same basic setup. It's been good to me

Grizz

Veteran
marlo I bet they get real close to the top of your screens before its all done and over.

Duds of gg? Crap. My sb cup cuts are still in veg. I lost a 1/3 on transferring them out of my room into another set up. I cant pm so i was wondering what source the straggler/dudding came from. Someone please pm me if they can.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look - IF there are "duds" in the GG#4 - it is because of poor upkeep - there is no point in pointing fingers.

Time is better spent identifying why, specifically, your plants aren't performing. If that means pest or disease or environment or any other factors. There is no reason to toss the cut - but there is a need to restore its health.

THIS is what happens when people are so eager to be the "cool" one that shared a cut when they've only had it in their room for a couple weeks and never flowered it. Notice NONE of this kind of talk happened for the first couple years?

That's because people took the time to get a plant, take cuts off it - keep ONLY the healthiest ones, make new moms, flower them out - you know, follow the basic rules of verification and allowing a plant to adapt to a new environment...

ANYONE can tell you - that a clone introduced to a new room / grower - will take a couple cycles to REALLY settle in and perform like it is supposed to...

When a plant has been in room A and within two weeks of being there is cut and taken to room B...within two weeks of being there is taken to rooms C, D, E - within two weeks is taken to another place....sigh...

The reality is the cuts taken from room A were never adapted to their new environment and had never settled in. So you take cuts from a plant that is in a stressful state to begin with...and then people down the line wonder why their cuts aren't performing...

You see, that's why people said the cut was NEVER being hoarded. It just takes TIME for something to spread - IF - you want to ensure genetic integrity. It's just that simple. It was originally passed to people that understood all of these concepts - and KNOW how to care for and maintain the genetics properly...

Turning the cool van into the short bus real quick...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My main point being - if you are having cuts under perform, ie "duding" - don't go looking for your pitchfork...

Learn how to nurse a sick plant. It'll make you a better grower.

And then if you're smart - you'll make a mental note and not try to source genetics from whom ever you did - because obviously, they don't keep or maintain a healthy garden and their priorities aren't right...someone looking for brownie points and owed favors - not someone looking to preserve and ensure the integrity of the genetics...

Just my opinion.

dank.Frank

Javadog

ANYONE can tell you - that a clone introduced to a new room / grower - will take a couple cycles to REALLY settle in and perform like it is supposed to...

I can attest to this.

I bought a slew of clones, the first plants not from a bean for me, recently and have been
seeing a deficiency that I have never seen before. It looks like P deficiency.

...but I am pretty sure that it is more likely a pH driven lockout of some sort. I have had
great success so far, but I still take a lot for granted when I grow. ie. I guess that I will
have to start charting the pH for each breed's feed.

The new clones may have been raised using a totally different
scheme than I am using. I am 5 gallon hempy buckets and Pro-Blend nutes + stuff.
These might have been used to true hydro, or super-soil.

Great stuff all round.

JD

JointOperation

My main point being - if you are having cuts under perform, ie "duding" - don't go looking for your pitchfork...

Learn how to nurse a sick plant. It'll make you a better grower.

And then if you're smart - you'll make a mental note and not try to source genetics from whom ever you did - because obviously, they don't keep or maintain a healthy garden and their priorities aren't right...someone looking for brownie points and owed favors - not someone looking to preserve and ensure the integrity of the genetics...

Just my opinion.

dank.Frank

wow .. one of the best statements made about the source not giving a shit.. because the guy im waiting on my cuts from.. wouldnt clone it for the first 2 months.. then cloned it.. started a few moms from a healthy plant.. kept the healthiest ones.. and now we are waiting till they are big enough to flower.. and because they are nice and healthy.. we will be taking the branches at the bottom of the stalks.. to ensure fast rooting.. i have never had a problem with using shit that most toss in the garbage to maintain great healthy clones.. as long as they are healthy when taken ive had great results no genetic drift as some people keep claiming..

but anyways.. ya . i had the chance to get some clones of GG4.. and when they arrived.. 2 clones.. i could SEE THE MITES CRAWLING even threw the fuckin bag.. i took em and flushed em in the toilet.. and waiting till i can get healthy clones..

also noticed.. the healthier the clones.. the faster they dial in.. i can get them to come out nice there first run.. but by the second run.. they are looking the way they should.. with unhealthy.. it can take up to 4-5 runs if u dont get the moms healthy before cloning and cloning and filling rooms..

JointOperation

wow .. one of the best statements made about the source not giving a shit.. because the guy im waiting on my cuts from.. wouldnt clone it for the first 2 months.. then cloned it.. started a few moms from a healthy plant.. kept the healthiest ones.. and now we are waiting till they are big enough to flower.. and because they are nice and healthy.. we will be taking the branches at the bottom of the stalks.. to ensure fast rooting.. i have never had a problem with using shit that most toss in the garbage to maintain great healthy clones.. as long as they are healthy when taken ive had great results no genetic drift as some people keep claiming..

but anyways.. ya . i had the chance to get some clones of GG4.. and when they arrived.. 2 clones.. i could SEE THE MITES CRAWLING even threw the fuckin bag.. i took em and flushed em in the toilet.. and waiting till i can get healthy clones..

also noticed.. the healthier the clones.. the faster they dial in.. i can get them to come out nice there first run.. but by the second run.. they are looking the way they should.. with unhealthy.. it can take up to 4-5 runs if u dont get the moms healthy before cloning and cloning and filling rooms..

i hate not being able to edit.. and when i said he wouldnt clone them. i ment he wouldnt give anyone shit until he had grown it out.. and it was proven to be what it was supposed to be.. before even trying to gift her to anyone.. hes a good dude. and im super lucky to know him.. thats caring about keeping the genetics nice and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.