What's new

Give me reasons to win my girlfriend over 1000w instead of 600w

ddrew

Veteran
from what i read here, either you american guys like to do a lot of macho posturing online, or we have a much more progressive attitude towards women in the UK.
the guy is skint and his girl is paying all the bills - in my books that doesnt put him in the position to 'call the shots'.
also when the power bill comes, a 1k is going to be a lot more of a shock to the system and may end up in his girl (the current breadwinner) refusing to keep paying in the future - thus my advice to get a 600.
of course it would help if we knew the size of the room and whether the grow will be for personal or commercial.

and just for the record, i have a hot wife, together for twenty + years, we are equals in the relationship and that's the only way i would want it. :tiphat:

VG

Funny how ole VG talks about how this guy should lay down and be a door mat for his girl, and do whatever she says, and then at the end of his posts he talks about how "everything is equal" at his house, and that's how he wants it.

Lol, your girl crack the whip on you and make you post in defense of women?

So many guys let themselves get walked on everyday by their woman, because they are scared if they speak up that she will leave, and they will be alone.

I know from personal experience just how many fish really are in the sea, my girl wants to cope an attitude about something as small as the size of the light I want to get, I don't spinelessly cave in like some here, I merely say "next" and show her the door.

Nothing macho or posturing about it, I know that there are enough women in the world that I don't have to stay in a relationship where my needs are not being met, and neither does she.

Funny how ole VG talks about how this guy should lay down and be a door mat for his girl, and do whatever she says, and then at the end of his posts he talks about how "everything is equal" at his house, and that's how he wants it.

So many guys let themselves get walked on everyday by their woman, because they are scared if they speak up that she will leave, and they will be alone.

I know from personal experience just how many fish really are in the sea, my girl wants to cope an attitude about something as small as the size of the light I want to get, I don't spinelessly cave in like some here, I merely say "next" and show her the door.

Nothing macho or posturing about it, I know that there are enough women in the world that I don't have to stay in a relationship where my needs are not being met, and neither does she.
that's funny, no wonder you use your hand..
me and my wife talk and share everything..dude,it's more about respect, love, compassion and caring..
To the OP,learn to rock a 600w make some cash then buy a 1000w...what's the problem, oh yea some jack ass that's stroking His own shaft is telling you to be a man...LMAO..

ddrew

Veteran
that's funny, no wonder you use your hand..
me and my wife talk and share everything..dude,it's more about respect, love, compassion and caring..
To the OP,learn to rock a 600w make some cash then buy a 1000w...what's the problem, oh yea some jack ass that's stroking His own shaft is telling you to be a man...LMAO..
Spoken like a true bitches bitch

Never fails to amaze me how many "men" (boys really), will trade all their self respect, and every ounce of manhood they have just for a little trim.

Maybe one day if you're able to get your balls back out of your girls purse, you will leave, and find a truly meaningful relationship, one where both parties were open and honest about their wants and needs from the start, helps to avoid problems down the line.

You only have one life, if you want to live it under the heel of your woman, be my guest.

Spoken like a true bitches bitch

Never fails to amaze me how many "men" (boys really), will trade all their self respect, and every ounce of manhood they have just for a little trim.

Maybe one day if you're able to get your balls back out of your girls purse, you will leave, and find a truly meaningful relationship, one where both parties were open and honest about their wants and needs from the start, helps to avoid problems down the line.

You only have one life, if you want to live it under the heel of your woman, be my guest.
see that's where your wrong..at 43 my manhood is still hanging just fine..seriously, i don't understand how compromising with some1 you love is so pussy..
she's the bread winner at the moment, she does have say..
oh shit, i just found my balls, bouncing off my girls ass..bad balls, get back in that purse, right now!!

ddrew

Veteran
see that's where your wrong..at 43 my manhood is still hanging just fine..seriously, i don't understand how compromising with some1 you love is so pussy..

Really??
Then why can't she compromise and let him get the 1000W?
Your logic goes both ways

G

Guest 168361

just make up some bullshit like the buds will be wayyy bigger....they actually will prolly be bigger anyway....also its cheaper per ballast, and if you can only have 1 light why not make it a 1k? air cool that fucker and your set

ddrew

Veteran
she's the bread winner at the moment, she does have say..
!!
So who ever is making the money makes the rules??

You are the one confused here, doesn't sound very fair and balanced to me, unless you're going by "fox news" idea of fair and balanced.

Face it, you're in a relationship where your woman is the boss, many men are, you're not alone.
Coming in and being bitter and jealous of someone who is not is rather pointless, change your scene if you're not happy with it.

So who ever is making the money makes the rules??

You are the one confused here, doesn't sound very fair and balanced to me, unless you're going by "fox news" idea of fair and balanced.

Face it, you're in a relationship where your woman is the boss, many men are, you're not alone.
Coming in and being bitter and jealous of someone who is not is rather pointless, change your scene if you're not happy with it.
been married 17 yrs..would'nt change a thing..in my house there is no boss only equals..ya dig..neither one feels the need to boss the other..whats' right is right and whats' wrong is wrong..

ddrew

Veteran
the compromise is she buys the 600w and he makes his OWN CASH and he buys anything he wants with his own cash...
I will concede this point to you however.

If it's her money, then it is ultimately her call on which one gets purchased, he should still get some say in the matter though.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you still havent read the OP have you. the guy is unemployed, his girl is buying the light and paying the bills, so i think any reasonable man would acknowledge that she has a large say in what he gets.

my missus doesnt read this forum. she likes smoking the weed but not so much the constant talking about it. :D

and hows that working out for you? - not so well i guess, you sound bitter. women arent necessarily interchangeable - one day you'll find that out, hopefully not too late

keep looking mate, you'll find the right one in the end :)
just remember you can still be a man and be prepared to compromise and have your relationship as equals - a true partnership.

VG:tiphat:

ddrew

Veteran
Well she is actually the bill payer of the house as I am currently unemployed..

! :)
Ok, I'm back with a fair assessment of the scene IMO.

Was there a time when you worked and paid the bills while she had no job?
If so, then things should still be 50/50 between you, and the decisions you make together, like what size light to purchase.

But, if you have been a deadbeat sponge from day one, then yes, your girl does call the shots, and has a right too, and you should be happy that she is willing to buy any light for you at all.

I guess my attitude stems from the belief that it was an equal relationship, and this woman was trying to have a big say in the purchase of a man toy, just like he doesn't tell her what purse to get, she should not be saying what light.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
from what i read here, either you american guys like to do a lot of macho posturing online, or we have a much more progressive attitude towards women in the UK.
the guy is skint and his girl is paying all the bills - in my books that doesnt put him in the position to 'call the shots'.
also when the power bill comes, a 1k is going to be a lot more of a shock to the system and may end up in his girl (the current breadwinner) refusing to keep paying in the future - thus my advice to get a 600.
of course it would help if we knew the size of the room and whether the grow will be for personal or commercial.

and just for the record, i have a hot wife, together for twenty + years, we are equals in the relationship and that's the only way i would want it. :tiphat:

VG

No, some of us Americans still pull our pants up where they belong and a few of us are still gentlemen.

I agree with VD. But for for additional reasons:

I run both. I use 1000w for veg and a switchable 600w hps with an additional 600w mh for flower.

But if you get only 1 switchable 600w and do a run or 2 then you can add another later. Even if you think your room is too small for 2 - 600 watters, you can still hang em bare bulb vertical or vert with a shared reflector and out perform a single 1000w, AND if 1 of em is switchable then you can better than double a single 1000w simply by switching 1 to run HPS.

There really is no way to do it more economical or get better yields in the end using a single 1000 watter even if it's switchable.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Like TB Gardens says, say its a 600 watt. Unless she knows what a 1k looks like, how would she know?
She probably makes him bring home the reciepts. That is what my sister does with her husband, she likes to wear the pants too.
:blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts