What's new

Give me reasons to win my girlfriend over 1000w instead of 600w

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
this is coming from a posturing masochist who never gets laid so take it with a grain of salt, believe it or not, some women like a man who can take charge and steer the ship, it makes them feel safe if they have a confident man and not wishy washy little boy, like someone who has to "ask" permission on every decision, if you are in a equal relationship, congratulations, im happy for you, im in an equal relationship too, but when i comes to my business, i call the shots. period.

T

the_baked_chef

i would also recommend to buy the 600w not the 1000w lamp.
It's not that big a difference that it was worth fighting with your girlfriend (at least in my opinion)

Just buy the 600w set and show her that you are happy with the decision she will probably be thankful for your to give in to her reasoning.

I totally agree with what VerdantGreen wrote. A relationship shouldn't be about contest or winning but about compromise.
Being able to accept a compromise has nothing to do with being weak. Its a sign of strenght. You need to be strenght so exhibit such flexibility that you can change your opinions. Thats probably one of the hardest things to do - at all...

She already agreed to the 600w be happy and thankful and just enjoy your 600w :eek:)

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
The power went out 1 day while I was at a Dr. appointment and the bolts released. I found her in there trying to fan fresh, cool air into the room and save my plants. Less than 1 week later she packed my ass into the Dr. and insisted that I get legal or get rid of the garden.
That's a keeper!
:blowbubbles:

Rowdy420

More power IS more power! Screw those 600's. I test ran a master blaster 1500, it was the shit. If I could sell my Qauntums and get some 1500's I would but , just can't justify dropping another $500 a piece for the blaster's. They increased my yield by a significant number. Should ask the store if I could do another official side by side with pics.

Good luck, peace

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
More power IS more power! Screw those 600's. I test ran a master blaster 1500, it was the shit. If I could sell my Qauntums and get some 1500's I would but , just can't justify dropping another $500 a piece for the blaster's. They increased my yield by a significant number. Should ask the store if I could do another official side by side with pics.

Good luck, peace

Said like a perfectly intelligent kid.
"I would but , just can't justify dropping another $500 a piece for the blaster's."
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Screw those 600's.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Room is 260x120cm - roughly 8,5 x 4 feet

And the ceiling is at about 240cm - almost 8 feet?

:wave:

Man these new electronic ballasts are really expensive, I think I will go with an magnetic one as they are like half the price of the electronics and they have done me well in the past..

Yeah! And then get your ass in the kitchen and make her a sandwich.

I don't care if she is paying all the bills, that doesn't mean she gets to call all the shots, that's not a healthy relationship.

Get the light you want, when it's time to paint the bathroom, let her pick out the color.
finally a real fkn man in this thread...lol

Rednick

Veteran
Room is 260x120cm - roughly 8,5 x 4 feet

And the ceiling is at about 240cm - almost 8 feet?

:wave:

Man these new electronic ballasts are really expensive, I think I will go with an magnetic one as they are like half the price of the electronics and they have done me well in the past..

x2 600w!
End of discussion.
:blowbubbles:

P.S. Mags are going to hum, digis are more expensive, but sounds like stealth is your numer eins! Go digi, cook dinner for the GF instead of going out.

So she is in charge then?!

No, because I am paranoid about the fan noise too.

I think I will invest in a heat shield, one of those basic metallic ones that come under the bulb you know? That + one 18" circulating fan will have to do the job.

The plasma unit I will install so that it will suck from the 600w side and exhaust out of the room towards the door. I hope this will be enough.

cook dinner for the GF instead of going out.

+ Save money for travel while doing that, I wouldn't have it any other way - she's not so much of a cook and I have mastered stoner cooking to a zen master level ;)

Rednick

Veteran
Listen kid.
Two 600s wit' digis.

Your room in TINY.

You won't need light spreaders, or any of that expensive waste of money shit. Might not even need fans, 600s don't produce a lot of heat.

iamdink

2x600 is NOT always eassier to run. Two hoods takes up way more space than a 1000 in 1 hood.

I wish I had a 1000w digi right now..gonna wait and get it when my mom clears me.

Greenheart

Veteran
My room is 3.5Wx7Lx6H.

I was found a $330 deal on a new 1000w MH/HPS convertable magnetic Hydrofarm Powerhouse ballast light combo. It included Ballast, Bulb, and elcheapo wing reflector with heavy duty socket adapter, 8 year warrantee, and shipping. I am quite content with my purchase and even though two 600's may have given me better results I had not the funds for 2 kits. Cooling could be a factor in favor of the 600 however, and you could cut down the room heigth or length with some reflectix and a staplegun if you felt the light was inadequate. There is always time in the future to build upon whatever setup you have using all the money you save from not having to buy your smoke.

-GH-