What's new

Furthur Fans

Madhemp

Hey Mrs. B I had a very similar expierience Sunday night ! got there early and had dinner and a couple beers at the bar. I got in line around 6ish I was about tenth in line or so. I started bs'ing with my line mates, pulled out the bowl and fired up. it was all very cool then a youngish security guy came up and says "theres no smoking in line" I say fine although everyone in line was kind of looking at each other like "he must be new here" One of the guys I was standing there and had seen the whole deal went to what seemed to be the main security guy has a short talk with him and got the same story you did "He's new here" He was standing to the left of the stage throughout the show and I want up to him during the break and asked him what he thought of "all this" He said he was blown away by how cool, the crowd was and that it seemed like they almost could do without the security at all.
As far as the show experience You pretty much nailed it. About the farthest you could be from the stage is about 30 feet and thats in the corners. it was easy to move up to the second row and from there you are about 6 or 8 feet from the performers. I spent most of the show in front of Jackie and Jeff. but moved over to the phil zone toward the end of the second set. Phil seemed really happy.

I agree that it was well worth the price. Yes, it was expensive ($150.00/ ticket). the most I've ever paid to see a show. but you will never see a show in a more intimate, welcoming place full of like minded people. How about the toasted cheese sandwiches? was that cool or what? from what I understand PL&F shows will continue to run $150/tic. All I can say is that if you love Phil, treat yourself at least once. you won't regret it!

MH

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I noticed that Phil and friends and Wier and Hornsby are playing both All Good and The Vibes... But they're scheduled for the same weekend... July 19-22...

I know they have airplanes and things like this, but is that a mistake or what's the deal?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mrs. B I had a very similar expierience Sunday night ! got there early and had dinner and a couple beers at the bar. I got in line around 6ish I was about tenth in line or so. I started bs'ing with my line mates, pulled out the bowl and fired up. it was all very cool then a youngish security guy came up and says "theres no smoking in line" I say fine although everyone in line was kind of looking at each other like "he must be new here" One of the guys I was standing there and had seen the whole deal went to what seemed to be the main security guy has a short talk with him and got the same story you did "He's new here" He was standing to the left of the stage throughout the show and I want up to him during the break and asked him what he thought of "all this" He said he was blown away by how cool, the crowd was and that it seemed like they almost could do without the security at all.
As far as the show experience You pretty much nailed it. About the farthest you could be from the stage is about 30 feet and thats in the corners. it was easy to move up to the second row and from there you are about 6 or 8 feet from the performers. I spent most of the show in front of Jackie and Jeff. but moved over to the phil zone toward the end of the second set. Phil seemed really happy.

I agree that it was well worth the price. Yes, it was expensive ($150.00/ ticket). the most I've ever paid to see a show. but you will never see a show in a more intimate, welcoming place full of like minded people. How about the toasted cheese sandwiches? was that cool or what? from what I understand PL&F shows will continue to run $150/tic. All I can say is that if you love Phil, treat yourself at least once. you won't regret it!

MH

MH, I should have said something about IC Mag, but oh well, next time. We have tickets for the end of the month,cant wait to go again, it will be the quintet this time, I guess they have played together for years and cant wait to see that show!!
I loved the grilled cheese sammys they were sooo cool, and the poster you get is really nice, well worth the price of a ticket.
I think Phil really enjoys playing with his son, they seemed to be having a great time. It was cool to see the interaction they all had, man that Jackie Greene guy gets down!! Loved the harmonica!

I noticed that Phil and friends and Wier and Hornsby are playing both All Good and The Vibes... But they're scheduled for the same weekend... July 19-22...

I know they have airplanes and things like this, but is that a mistake or what's the deal?

They are playing with different ppl, Phil and Friends and then Bob will play with Bruce...they are doing that now here in the bay.

Madhemp

MH, I should have said something about IC Mag, but oh well, next time. We have tickets for the end of the month,cant wait to go again, it will be the quintet this time, I guess they have played together for years and cant wait to see that show!!
I loved the grilled cheese sammys they were sooo cool, and the poster you get is really nice, well worth the price of a ticket.
I think Phil really enjoys playing with his son, they seemed to be having a great time. It was cool to see the interaction they all had, man that Jackie Greene guy gets down!! Loved the harmonica!

Yeah, I wish I could get ICMag tee shirts or hats. (It would be easier for those who wish to meet outside of the forum. Plus they would just be cool!)

Jackie pretty much started out up where I live, I was lucky enough to be turned on to him when he was just about 22. I had not found a new artist I dug so much in years. When Phil picked him up to join PL&F's it was like a match made in heaven (or terrapin) I can't imagine a better pairing! If you haven't yet done so check out Jackies albums. His songwriting is awesome! You will be amazed. I assure you.

MH

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
They are playing with different ppl, Phil and Friends and then Bob will play with Bruce...they are doing that now here in the bay.

They are both sceduled for Vibes and All Good on the same weekend though... I don't know where to go!!?? I want both!

AugustWest

Veteran
^^

i'm pretty sure both bands are playing the vibes...

Beacon this week.. i'm getting pretty stoked!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
August that's what I'm saying!

BOTH bands are scheduled to play both Vibes and All Good... And they are the same weekend!...

And Toxic, you know it's not in Masonville, WV anymore I presume. A girl died there last year. She was pinned in her tent after a pickup slid down one of the hills. They shouldn't have been parking cars on the hill..it was wayyy to steep... It was horrible. It took EMS over 30 minutes to arrive. Absolute chaos. Can you imagine beingi in your tent sleeping one minute, and being crushed to death the next? Happened literally 20 yards from my campsite.

Now it's in Ohio.

RIP Nicole Miller.

Guest02345

BOTH bands are scheduled to play both Vibes and All Good... And they are the same weekend!...

And Toxic, you know it's not in Masonville, WV anymore I presume. A girl died there last year. She was pinned in her tent after a pickup slid down one of the hills. They shouldn't have been parking cars on the hill..it was wayyy to steep... It was horrible. It took EMS over 30 minutes to arrive. Absolute chaos. Can you imagine beingi in your tent sleeping one minute, and being crushed to death the next? Happened literally 20 yards from my campsite.

Now it's in Ohio.

RIP Nicole Miller.

thats horrible. definetly changes the vibe there. to bad that was a chill place. where are they having it now? ledges, buckeye lake.

AugustWest

Veteran

RIP Nicole Miller.

gotchya man.. i misread your post i think.. yeah that's a conundrum for sure :D

I dig the vibes personally.. it's a little closer to home, and i like the beach right there (even though it smells).. I just hope it isn't 110 degrees again this time, that was tough.

and RIP Nicole.. that's really sad stuff man :(

So i'm finally all lined up w/ tix for next week. Gonna do thurs, fri, sat and sun..
should be a fun Monday AM at work LOL

Madhemp

Got Tix for me and the kids for Shoreline!. For those who have never done so, search for an aerial photo of the Shoreline Amphitheater. You'll dig it the most!

MH

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Haven't made it out yet but I am webcast a couple terrapin crossroads. Really loving the new project. Pick up the torch, where Levon left off. Loving the rambles

AugustWest

Veteran
scored tix and cheap airfare for the greek shows this fall!!

25+ years later and i finally get my 1st west coast show in!! :jump:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
im into phish should i see further i do like old dead bootlegs

most definitely

you are lucky enough that you can get to see bobby and phil

i was all about phish when they formed the dead and then after the band furthur, but my curiosity got the better of me and im glad it did

minimally see phil lesh whiles hes still got fire in his fingers

the man is an inspiration

Guest02345

im into phish should i see further i do like old dead bootlegs

most certainly go see them!!! what furthur has been doing these past few years is gnarly as can be!!

IMVHO what furthur has been doing is way better improvisationally than phish. furthur will jam the F out