What's new

Furthur Fans

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had a long coversation, about the 2 bands with my good friend.Comparisons and differences between the two..

I'll go see either when their in town....The Dead and their songs is like a long storybook,with alot of soul.

Whereas Phish seems like a theatrical presentation,with a big party vibe.Both center around the psychedelic experience ,which is very evident at Phish shows with the things they do onstage,to space out the audience..

I like them both ,but can't see myself comming home .And putting on fluffhead 2 days of the week..But to each is own ,and is subjective...I'm not hatin ..i'm appreciating....

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Anyone else think the Chicago show was a disaster? Bobby seemed drunk. The playing was uninspired. There wasn't a single seg during the first set. It was the worstI have ever seen anyone on that stage play. Phil wasn't even going to the mic and directing the band through the earpieces the way he usually does. Maybe it was the heat, but this show straight sucked.

My hometown show the next night was sick though. The china rider was the first truly inspired firing on all cylinders playing of the two night run. Awesome unbroken, awesome shakedown, mission in the rain was really special to see. All around a special night, the venue is very close to my heart. I have had some important moments in my life happen there and I've been all around the backstage area and played frisbee on the lawn when there was less than 10 people in the venue including staff....beautiful place.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
furthur is hit or miss, but so is any band that you are passionate and critical of.

bobby has been actin weird for years and sometimes it looks like phil is over it.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any word on New Years announcement? Might be able to pull it off this year!

Nope not yet, in Oct is usually when they announce that show, cant wait....already have the motel reservations!! :D
It will be our 4th year going to the NYE show at BG.

Madhemp

I'll be at NYE this year also, but lets not put New Years before Shoreline on Sept. 30th. I'm starting to ramp up for it already (I need a fix).

MH

warthog

gunna be hittin up my first west coast show on sunday.. should be a blast! let me know if anyone wants to kick it, would love to meet some of you crazy californians:p:tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We should all yell ICMAG at the same time hehe then find each other :D
Cant wait, super excited about Shoreline, looks like the weather will be nice!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a great show, the guys sounded awesome and seemed to be having a good time. The almost full moon was really nice.
Had some good karma happen to us to it made it even more special.
The night was so warm, couldnt have been better, hung out with some good friends and had a very enjoyable evening.
Cant wait for New Years :D

picture.php

peace

Madhemp

I agree, I thought the second set was extra inspired... I always feel like they save something special when the Bay Area shows are part of a tour.
heres a set list for those who care;

Born Crosseyed
Built to Last
Mountain Song..... http://www.furthur.net/the-news/187-themountainsong
Ship of Fools
Pride of Cucamonga
West LA Fadaway
China Doll
Cosmic Charlie

Break

Lady With a Fan
Saint Stephan
The Eleven
China Cat Sunflower
Unbroken Chain
I Know You Rider
Stella Blue
Terrapin Station
Sugar Magnolia

E
Doners Rap
Samson & Delilah

Last edited:

Madhemp

What the F.... on the furthur site for 20 minutes waiting. started trying exactly on time was told several times that it was unable to find this many tickets (I ordered 1) then by 9:02 they sell out.... SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man is that frustrating!!!!!!
I need a miracle!

I'll be going to ticketmaster begrudgingly, as I forgot about the release... failure on my part! Really excited though, this is going to be a blast!

Latest posts

Latest posts