What's new

Furthur Fans

Madhemp

got tix for Bottlerock in Napa next Thursday. Furthur, Black Crowes (w/Jackie Greene), Primus, Avett Bros. Can't Wait!!!!!!!

There's video of Bobby's incident on youtube, you can see him trying his hardest to pull through but he was pretty weakened. Disturbing stuff, really hoping the best for Bobby.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
He was just zonked. Prolly a couple beers and some muscle relaxers or pain pills. He sounds awesome in AC. But watching that video, last night of the Capitol was tough. Can't believe John and Phil didn't miss a note. They just stared

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Yeah the last night of the capital was harsh but phil and friends showed up and made the best of it

the night before was spectacular wish it was up on archive

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
What was John, Phil or any of the boys supposed to do?

Even John said "Before I could even think of removing my guitar to help Bobby, the stage hands had it under control" or something along those lines.

Besides, "The music Never stopped".......

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Maybe I'm being negative but it was classless in my opinion on their part. Weir just toôk a digger and landed at your feet bro. The least yòu could do is feign concern

Madhemp

Yeah It sucks hard. (get well Bobby, we all love you) I'm still stoaked to see The Black Crowes (W/ Jackie Greene) and Primus, I'm also diggin the Avett Bros. I am holding out hope for Phil & freinds to fill in, but it seems the promoters would have announced it by now if it were gonna happen. I find it discouraging that so many people assumed Bob needs rehab. I think the band was pretty forthecoming with what happened when Bob fell and why he fell.

On the other hand, I also don't understand the people who say "it's a festival get over it" regarding Furthur's cancelation, Yes it's a festival, but I bought tickets because Furthur was the headliner. Since the headliner for that day was forced to cancel, there has been almost zero communication from the promoters. They made a comment soon after Furthur pulled out saying they were looking at alternatives. That was a week ago and since then nothing. If there is no plan to replace Furthur then just say it. If you are still working on a replacement, say it.

It's funny that people find out you've seen the same band 50, 60, 100 times and they're like what's the big deal, you've seen them so much already.............some people will never get it

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Did you even see the video?

Did you even see the video?

Maybe I'm being negative but it was classless in my opinion on their part. Weir just toôk a digger and landed at your feet bro. The least yòu could do is feign concern

Or the above quote by John K? The crew was obviously on the way to the stage as it happened. I mean, the one dude from crew was there almost instantly (came running in from off camera and John could see it better from his vantage point before we could, unless you were there). And if you noticed, the rest of the boys looked to Phil for the queue as to whether they should continue on or not.

Maybe the boys thought it would be classless to leave everyone in the audience hanging on such a sour note; so they decided to distract everyone from the bad incident the best way they could, by continuing the show.

And again I reiterate: THE MUSIC NEVER STOPPED

B

BugJar

"whoops I accidentally took my ambien instead of pain medication"

I love bobby but god damn... that shit was depressing

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Decent show......little dragged out first set...but the later show was on point.....
String Cheese was amazing!!!! One of the best shows I've ever been to.....hands down....
Also tre got to play w/Further....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
furthur bus stops in mexico and then thats it, hiatus in 2014 and who knows what next

:(

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
For reals? Makes that trip more memorable.....doubt that's the last we will see.....