What's new

Fucking poison oak.....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
holy shit z-ro that is terrible! mine is no where near that bad!

and thank god but today finally woke up and the rash is subsiding, some of the red areas are clearing up..

the shit that is working the best for me is this soapy spray called IVAREST. it has menthol as its main ingredient and some other things...but i use this stuff right after the ZANFEL wash, it soothes real nice and i swear this shit is working..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
As soon as you scratch the smallest break in the skin, touch that spot with a q-tip dipped in half or full strength chlorine bleach. It hurts but no more than Merthiolate or alcohol on a scrape. If the itch is bad, the pain is almost relief.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
fuck....shit is starting to spread all over! been scrubbing with technu and i swear some new spots popped up on my back..im gonna give in and go get a steroid shot soon this shit is ridiculous..

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
fuck....shit is starting to spread all over! been scrubbing with technu and i swear some new spots popped up on my back..im gonna give in and go get a steroid shot soon this shit is ridiculous..

Telling you yo, go jump in Prophets or My pool for a couple minutes...

the chlorine, dries ALL the oak up and kills it, best thing ive ever used, had poison oak a few weeks ago....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea first time....i got hit last week when i fell into a big bush of it...had a bunch on my arm.

then this weekend ive been working outdoors in the brush, handling equipment that probably has urushiol oil on it..shit this fuckin computer probably has some on it too..and now new spots are popping up on my chest, back, and left arm..

krunch - guess its time to hit the pool!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
yea first time....i got hit last week when i fell into a big bush of it...had a bunch on my arm.

then this weekend ive been working outdoors in the brush, handling equipment that probably has urushiol oil on it..shit this fuckin computer probably has some on it too..and now new spots are popping up on my chest, back, and left arm..

krunch - guess its time to hit the pool!

It will BLOW you away, how well it works! You will wake up tomorrow at near 100%, if you did it today....

the ocean works wonders also

YES, it does!

SoCoMMJ

Seriously, nobody has even thought about the Medical Marijuana balm??

My son had poison ive so bad he couldn't even wear pants. Put the infused balm on, Next day.... gone. The welts, the pain, the itching, all of it.

Marijuana, it's not just for smoking..

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you fucked up by taking the "technu" advice and not my advice brotha...

im telling you.... FELS FUCKING NAPTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^i was wondering that too....make it out of the buds with mostly THC? i know some people that get alergic reactions on their arm from trimming or handling buds..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Contact makes the reaction spread. Be very careful touching affected areas, even if you're applying medication.

krunch is right, you need a swim in a well chlorinated pool. A shimmering green one won't help.

Hope you get back to normal asap.

I GOT YOU PLAYER!!!!!

FIRST!! Go to an urgent care and get Prednisone or "The Shot", cost $90 total, i can tell you where to go...

THEN!! GO JUMP into a swimming pool for a hour. the chlorine dries out all the poison oak, kills ALL the itching...

Ive had poison oak literally dozens of times in the last few years, i KNOW how to get rid of it QUICK!!!

Fucking Disk Golf!!!
Wisdom right here.

Luckily, I've never gotten poison oak, but I've gotten poison ivy quite a few times and even once made the mistake of pissing afterwards.

I'd add after the prednisone that you should spend a FEW hours in a pool several times in the next week.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Just found this tangled through my mongo junipers. Weed killer is out. Gonna wear gloves, long sleeves and cut em off 1" above ground level. Can't touch the leaves or the sap. I'll dig out the roots after they dry up.

picture.php

This shit's bad but I'd walk through it before I'd get near sumac.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously, nobody has even thought about the Medical Marijuana balm??

My son had poison ive so bad he couldn't even wear pants. Put the infused balm on, Next day.... gone. The welts, the pain, the itching, all of it.

Marijuana, it's not just for smoking..

I keep finding more uses for topical oils - I use it for muscle spasms on a daily basis, but I whacked my gourd last night on my light fixture while arranging the scrog screen. I wound up with a cut about 1/2" long on my forehead, and applied my coconut oil-infused mix a couple of times later in the evening. When I got up this morning, it was damn near healed. Even Vitamin E doesn't work that quickly for me. I recently gave some to a friend of mine who applied it to his gout-inflamed foot that was too sore to stand or even put a sock on. Gone the next day! Amazing stuff.