What's new

FloraNectar Use Has Increased Resin Production 50%

this thread, and the listed
17.5% cane sugar
7.5% malt extract
5% Molasses
(thats 30% carbs)

made me try a bottle. I'll post my impressions later

The cane sugar, malt extract, and molasses are all red herrings.

These companies are under no legal obligation to list any ingredient that is not plant food.

The real active substance in FloraNectar and other like products is. . .

chitosan

more than likely in a colloidal form.

Google it.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Are you sure Im the one that needs to google chitosan?

GH already makes a product with chitosan (Chi). Rumor that i read was 'AN Scorpion Juice' was chitosan and acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) (at least i think it was Scorpion juice).

Chitosan and acetylsalicylic acid, are suppose to cause a systemic response (allegedly, its signals some plants 'youre under attack, time to mount a defense')

IMHO These products are not analogous with Sweet, Flora nectar, Sugar Daddy or any other carb loading products. As a matter of fact, all these 'sugar/carb' products all contain Mg and S, so they are analogous to epsom salts(MgSO4), and molasses.

And FWIW, Id probably be more inclined to blindly believe someone who didnt have the following phase in their signature (I humbly ask those that know more than I do not to mistake my.. wild guesses for arrogance)

Request denied!

EDITED: Voodoo Juice was listed instead of Scorpion Juice

Chitosan and acetylsalicylic acid, are suppose to cause a systemic response (allegedly, its signals some plants 'youre under attack, time to mount a defense')

Ouch, just trying to be helpful. I was brief because I was headed out the door, and I thought a short response was better than none.

But yes, applying chitosan, or jasmonic acid, fool the plant into thinking it's under attack. In its defense the plant starts to produce resins in order to ward off the insects. I've experimented with both substances, and while the jasmonic acid suppose to be more effective according to the research, (Gibberellin and Jasmonic Acid Have a Synergistic Effect on Trichome Induction http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=281631) it's expensive and must be stored at low temperature, and so I was left using sagebrush (artemisia tridentate). Moreover, the use of gibberellin, caused fox-tailing and a decrease in mass. The end result were odd-looking, light weight, yet very resinous buds.

I've had more success using plain old chitosan. It's cheap, and been proven effective independently. The only questions are which brand to buy, and when and how to apply it. I've tried Chi, Ooze, and Purple Max (which I believe are all chitosan products) as well as buying the plain old chitosan powder. They all seem to work well, but I finally settled on Colloidal Chitosan, because the plants seemed to react faster to it.

I've only applied it as a foliar spray because I'm afraid it will persist in the medium and cause stunting in my younger plants (I don't know if this is true though).

The last thing I've been thinking about is the timing. It seems that when the Chitosan is applied before the half-way mark, yield suffers. It's as if the plants stop growing so that it can put all it's efforts into resin production. For this reason I've come to the conclusion that it's best applied at week four.

C

Carl Carlson

Shroom Dr. - It's the scorpion juice, now by AN.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/tech_info/scorpion_juice_tech_info.html

http://www.igrowhydro.com/info2-Nutrients-pH.aspx#SAR

SAR solutions

Scorpion Juice - Dr. Hornby's Scorpion Juice triggers a plant's defense mechanisms by inducing a systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in the plant cells. This acts as a vaccination for your plants, which quickly build immune responses to a diverse variety of pathogens including viruses, fungi, and bacteria. This immunity response is particularly evident in resin producing plants which show substantial increases in resin production when the defense mechanisms are activated. In addition, a marked increase in flower / fruit production and size as well as fragrance is also seen. Scorpion Juice contains chitosan (active ingredient) and its benefits are extremely heightened when used with Messenger.

Messenger is the harapin Protein and elicits a SAR response in plants after being sprayed. Messenger causes a natural reaction in the plant. It turns on your plants own immune system! Plants treated with Messenger are healthier thanuntreated plants and have less disease, bigger root systems, more flowers, and more fruit. Use with Scorpion Juice!

Foliar Bloom A+B is a powerful SAR solution. it combines both salicylic acid and chitosan. Both of these products synergize together to create a very large SAR response in plants. This is the strongest solution we have found and isvery good at preventing Powdery Mildew if used before an infection occurs. We suggest spraying every 2 weeks. Foran even more potent solution mix A+B of this solution along with Messenger and a wetting agent and watch your plantsstand erect and reach for the light (happy as can be!).

RetroGrow

Veteran
I like sweeteners-always use some combination. But, if you really want to increase resin and trichome production, nothing compares to Bloombastic, IMO.
That stuff is a trich bomb. Never seen trichome production like that with any other product.
Very expensive, but worth every penny.
:tiphat:

L

LolaGal

I read in an old Ed Rosenthal book that male flowers can be induced using aspirins. I don't think I want salycilic (sp?) acid in my plants due to that reason.

Ed know his shit.

After using molasses, then sugar daddy, I like this product best for increased resin production. Of course I still say that it is a combination of the Kool Bloom, Northern Lights Fat Flower and the FloraNectar.

Big difference than usig just Kool bloom and the Fat Flower. So I am giving the FN the credit. It could be acombination of all 3 however
!

H

heavy dank nugg

heavy grabs his guitar,starts to strum and bursts into song..."LOLA LA LA LA LA LOLA"
just wanted to share that Lola's use of the third person narrative has allways appealed to me hence the above tribuate.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
shroomdr doesnt have a clue what your talkin bout heavy

I read in an old Ed Rosenthal book that male flowers can be induced using aspirins. I don't think I want salycilic (sp?) acid in my plants due to that reason.

Ed know his shit.

After using molasses, then sugar daddy, I like this product best for increased resin production. Of course I still say that it is a combination of the Kool Bloom, Northern Lights Fat Flower and the FloraNectar.

Big difference than usig just Kool bloom and the Fat Flower. So I am giving the FN the credit. It could be acombination of all 3 however
!

H

heavy dank nugg

just read through you'll get it, she did it here something bout waving her hands and muttering.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
This is a great thread. I thought it was informative. And plus Lola is in it so what's better than that lol. Lola my luv. Hope alls well

broseidon

Sorry if I missed it, but Lola, could you post your nute/water ratios per gal and the nute cycle you use for veg and flower? Also, how long do you generally veg? Great thread, btw and tia!

I used Messenger by itself a few years ago (I have an old thread on it somewhere) and did a side-by-side comparison and never saw any noticeable difference. I actually just ran across the rest of my messenger packets a week ago when cleaning out some old drawers and tossed em.. Never tried it in combination with the chitosan, though.

L

LolaGal

I have been using the directions on the bottles. Kool Bloom too.

but now I am out of FloraNectar and it is time to harvest anyways!

I note tons more resin on the same clones. At least 50% more than running without.

Also The Grape Krush is grapier, the Apophis is more chemdoggy, what I am saying is that I am starting to smoke this and find that there is no "Berry flavor", but it does make the buds taste stronger! Which is good! Seems to intensify the original flavors!

I will find an old bud pic in my gallery, and compare it to a new bud pic, and we will see which looks more frosty.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I like floranectar better than sweet. And i switched because of this thread, however, i did not see a 50% increase in resin.

Hydrotherapy

I loved all the information in this thread. I picked up some FloraNectar recently and was eagerly looking forward to the anticipated benefits. However, within 24 hours of adding FloraNectar to my reservoir I had a nasty brown algae breakout. I don't think that the FloraNectar directly caused this breakout, but rather that it was in there laying low and the extra sugars in the FloraNectar are what was needed for it to kick into overdrive. I stopped using the nectar, scrubbed the rez completely, and used a light regimen of Dutchmaster Zone and the problem's gone. It had stayed mostly in my top res and never made it out to my plants so I think I was very lucky.

From other peoples' experiences in this thread, this sounds like a great product but I wanted to add in my 2 cents here so other people can keep an eye out for potential difficulties.

L

LolaGal

Shroom Dr. Maybe I give too much credit to the FLoranectar... I am also using Northern Lights Fat Flower and also Kool Bloom....

I keep saying it may be the combination of all 3!! ;)

It does what it sezz it do on the bottle!

Woody

Hi guys.

Great thread LolaGal. I just wanted to throw my little experiance into the mix too. I havent tried the products you guys have been talking about and have never used mollasses. Not sure how it would go in a bubbler system with DutchMaster nutes. I'm very interested in products that increase resin production especialy since I sometimes use PGR's (please dont hate me lol).

Anyway, last grow I changed genetics to a white russian cross. I also decided to throw in some "Rock Resinator" as it was only 30 bux at my local. All I can say is wow.

It could have been the genetics... we all know the white russian is a very resinous plant, and it was crossed with a local which is also a high resin producer. At first I didnt think they were that resinous... I mean they looked good... but nothing out of the ordinary. Then while it was hanging I noticed something.. An amber dot on one of the buds. Upon closer inspection it appeard to be a drop of resin. Not a gland... a drop. I thought maybe it wasent resin, but sap from the plant from the trimming process. I hung it back up and made a mental note of it. A few days later I pointed it out to my mate in passing and he had a better look around the rest of the buds "Oh here is another... and another" "Yeah this ones got a few on it as well"

Omg... This thing was oozing oils. Now I dont know if it was the resinator, the change of genetics or what.. but it was awsome. It was like a trichome was being pumped full of oil and then ruptured. It also seemed to only appear during the drying process.

I am interested in any other resin promoting products and I have been looking at purchasing the yellow bottles ooze bloom. Not sure what its like but will give it a bash. This thread has now given me another product to try. Too many products and not enough grows lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts