What's new

FloraNectar Use Has Increased Resin Production 50%

indifferent

Veteran
Ah, food grade kelp powder is the wrong stuff! That is just dried seaweed that has been ground into a fine powder.

The sort you need is the seaweed extract powder. This is made by boiling the seaweed into a thick soup, then all the water is evaporated off, leaving a solid green/brown mass. This is then ground into a fine powder.

Some people definitely have better smell/taste ability than others. Personally, I've smashed my nose one too many times so my sense of smell is not the best.

Maxicrop is good stuff, I recommend it, only reason I don't use it anymore is I have enough of the powder left to last me many years. Bought the powder years ago and it works as good as Maxicrop for a twentieth the price. I use a lot of seaweed so I save a lot of money by using the powder. Sadly the manufacturer went bust.

Great thread...I think maybe flushing would have helped...(didn't see it mentioned) I was planning on going to the Flora series on my next grow. Definately going to try and add some FN to the current one...still have 2-3 weeks before harvest...

floranecter fucked up 2 res's and then molded in less than a week for me. Berry fusion, smelled like medicine, and was a little cloudy looking. Caused brown algae or something like it over night. Disgusting. Drain to waste. My veg res had the same ingredients except sweet instead of FN and no problems. Ditched the FN and haven't had a problem since. I clean the fuck out of my res, pump and hose every res change, so I don't think it was an under lying problem. Must be a quality control issue, rare for GH in my experience.MB

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Damn that sux that I keep hearing it's molding. Idk why. But mine hasn't and I've had it for a while too. Never had an issue still smells like the best fruit salad ever

opt1c

Veteran
yup; right off the bottle in my cupboard... doesn't smell like something u'd want to drink; and is clear too boot... i use it for my ewc teas and have great results as far as my plants seem to care

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
yeah same here... i use the fruitnfusion.. i mean. mine smells great enough to drink.. ill tell ya.. and from this posts beginning i check it daily . i guess burpin it may or may not help. who knows.. but all i want out of this product is like opt said brings out the NATURAL flavor of the plant instead of inducing some artifical flavor.. thats not what i want.. Like for instance if it helps bring out the tru Deez taste out on the Sour Diesel thats all that id care about.. that goes for all strains obviously

L

LolaGal

yeah same here... i use the fruitnfusion.. i mean. mine smells great enough to drink.. ill tell ya.. and from this posts beginning i check it daily . i guess burpin it may or may not help. who knows.. but all i want out of this product is like opt said brings out the NATURAL flavor of the plant instead of inducing some artifical flavor.. thats not what i want.. Like for instance if it helps bring out the tru Deez taste out on the Sour Diesel thats all that id care about.. that goes for all strains obviously

but all i want out of this product is like opt said brings out the NATURAL flavor of the plant instead of inducing some artifical flavor.. thats not what i want..

See that is the problem that I had after harvest.

I am running a White Rhino cut that tastes and smell exactly like a pack of Juicy Fruit gum. yummy.

Running that cut, with This Floranectar: Does not taste like Juicy Fruit or smell Like Juicy Fruit anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tastes and smells like the bottle of Floranectar. berry

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yup that's what I didn't like about FloraNectar and then the bottle was bad and I didn't know cuz it was my first bottle. I've found Sugaree from Cutting Edge Solutions to work really good and brought out the natural flavors real nice. Sweet Raw looks promising as well but right now I'm giving Bud Candy a try and I like the fact it's CarboLoad and Sweet Leaf with all the extra L-Amino Acids plus I've heard from a reliable source it gave him and very easily seen increase in yield and resin and the taste was incredible. I've heard this from two growers I trust not some shop guy or AN rep.

Greenmopho

I'm using everything in the GH line right now, except the FloraNectar. I'm using molasses instead, but thinking about giving the FN a try! Anyone use this with DWC or RDWC?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the original sweet is the one to use greenmopho

its transparent in regards to what it does for flavor, but critical in what you gain in resin & aroma. ive been using the same base schedule for a few years and have interchanged only my carb products and best results were always +sweet

costs the same as the floranectar stuff.... fwiw
good luck

**edit: to be fair i should also point out that when used in veg i found no difference between the berry/citrus/grape sweets.... only in flower (after flower hahaha) was i able to appreciate the differences

Last edited:

dmt

Veteran
humates are the bomb. as long as there source is leonardite and not coal we're good. humic and fulvic acids are some of the bombest additives nature ever gave us, keep up the bud blasting bro, d

SobStory

I can really recomend the Ooze Bloom ( in the yellow bottle with the bee ) Not only did it smell delish..... But my ladies absolutely loved it , a marked difference over the last run ( 8 site NFT floranova nutes, regenaroot , wilt guard , bio balancer, head master ) with out the Ooze
I used it under the recomended dosage, something i do with anything that goes in my tank for the first time anyways, and was still REALLY happy with the results i got.

The only thing i changed was adding the Ooze to my res changes at week 4-5-6 so im pretty sure it was that that substantially stickied up my fingers come harvest time !

I can only give it the heartiest recomendation in spite of the price, mind you i am substantially closer to the country of origin, so im not paying quite as stiff a price for a bottle , bout $80-$90 US per 2.5 litre bottle

Last edited:

420ish

Haha... You are such a know it all huh?

I don't know of any spots of dirt in my yard that have high levels of carbohydrates and complex carbs.

I am comparing soil run to soil run with the only difference being Floranectar.

Yes, I did see marked increased resin production, but THe berry flavoring sucks.

If you love the smell of FloraNectar, you will love the taste.

I would hardly call Miracle Grow soil a sterile medium... hahahaha.

I am not going to use it again, I like the flavors of my weed to be pure, not adulterated with berry flavors.

I assume the pineapple version would give you pineapple flavor buds, should have went with pineapple.

good luck.[/QU
i used floranector on my last grow and evryone that tried it loved the flavor!my bottle doesnt have any berry or pineapple flavor on it .it was a freebie from the hydro store.guess i will make sure whatever one i buy next time doesnt have the flavor version!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
You should edit this thread title too, because its total bullshit. (maybe insert a 'MY').

I actually switched to Floranectar from Sweet, because of this thread, but have noticed no difference. Floranectar is $5 cheaper/Gal (and has a lil K), so ive stuck with it, but a 50% resin increase is ludicrous.

B

blueberry dank

SAR solutions sound really good to try..has anybody tried Scorpion Juice and noticed a difference?..also C.J..where do you buy Messenger?What is the maker of it?

Same for the Foliar Bloom..where to buy it?

Has anybody ran chitosin products and noticed a resin increase?...

Iv read ALOT about using stress to increase resin..

Im willing to run an experiment..if ya want

CatManDoo

How much to add?

How much to add?

I'm gonna pick some up today. I'm currently using the "simple, aggressive" GH flora series schedule not including Florablend. I want to add Flora nectar but don't want to overdue it. How much should I add? Bloom stage, of course.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use it at 5ml/per gallon. I like the pineapple, I've had one bottle out of 5 get a little mold but otherwise its good. It DOES bring out the odors of the buds more prominently, but I don't get a pineapple taste out of the Pineapple Rush flavor. Just stronger smell and a bit more fruity.

Latest posts

Latest posts