What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats great news p'fan! hopefully you will like the new spot
i bet everyone is breathing a little easier now that you guys have found someplace
great news and i hope everyone likes the new location

Fiddynut

Happy Tuesday everyone.

@pop_rocks. Yes for sure the Judy is a good fork and I think that all the good ones today are getting updated to the air spring. Like you said they are light and have a wide range of adjustment. It's not a super fancy top of the line but ment to do a good job once you get the pressure dialed in for your weight and trail conditions. It has 5 clicks of rebound adjustment to play with as well. Your right I'm super excited to ride it but wil have to wait a bit longer. Once the snow melts I can at least take it around the neighborhood and get use to the new gearing and the clicker shifters. I always use to use twist grip shifters and never liked the clickers before but I'm going to try to get use to them.

@packerfan. That's great news pack, I'm sure you can breathe a bit easer now. It's going to be a busy weekend moving but will feel so good when you are done. I hope all goes smoothly in the move and you can get back to gardening soon!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahah, oh man, i remember the twist shifters!
never got into them and just stuck with the thumb shifters, its funny how preferences vary from rider to rider
im sure it wont take you long to get used to the new set up and you will be rolling around in no time
is your bike a 1x? where you only have one ring up front and a range of gears in the back
/i was looking at a pic of your new bike and it looks like this is the factory set up
take a little getting used to but this is the direction things seem to be going
/ a lot of my friends run 1x set ups and a few even run single speed
the mrs still keeps a big ring up front so i need the extra gear to keep up with her, but im hoping to transition to a 1x set up one of these days
most quality shocks are air shocks now
you are right that you get more modulation out of them
so it looks like the sativa i was growing was a dud
i let it go much longer than expected and was rewarded with nothing but hemp!
/seriously, i rub the stems and there is no smell at all
it produced a bunch of thin, spindally buds that are near worthless
im cracking some new sativas that i was gifted by our man, p'fan, as we speak and will post up some pics of those babies here soon
the other indica pheno looks and smells great!
a really deep sweet and coffee smell, with a hint of stoney goodness

hope everyone is having a great week

Rodehazrd

I had to get rid of all my plants, the 2 strains I NEED are backed up with a buddy of mine. Knowing we have a place to go is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
are you ready to start popping some beans? and what are those two Needed strains? Hope you get cloning soon.:plant grow:

Fiddynut

hahah, oh man, i remember the twist shifters!
never got into them and just stuck with the thumb shifters, its funny how preferences vary from rider to rider
im sure it wont take you long to get used to the new set up and you will be rolling around in no time
is your bike a 1x? where you only have one ring up front and a range of gears in the back
/i was looking at a pic of your new bike and it looks like this is the factory set up
take a little getting used to but this is the direction things seem to be going
/ a lot of my friends run 1x set ups and a few even run single speed
the mrs still keeps a big ring up front so i need the extra gear to keep up with her, but im hoping to transition to a 1x set up one of these days
most quality shocks are air shocks now
you are right that you get more modulation out of them
so it looks like the sativa i was growing was a dud
i let it go much longer than expected and was rewarded with nothing but hemp!
/seriously, i rub the stems and there is no smell at all
it produced a bunch of thin, spindally buds that are near worthless
im cracking some new sativas that i was gifted by our man, p'fan, as we speak and will post up some pics of those babies here soon
the other indica pheno looks and smells great!
a really deep sweet and coffee smell, with a hint of stoney goodness

hope everyone is having a great week

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I learned to ride on twist shift and it was really hard to ride clickers after that. I think what I liked most about twist shift was that when going downhill and approaching a steep climb you could go all the way from the big gear to the small one on the back end, where as clickers you had to cliche through each gear which took too much time and you'd lose momentum up the climb. It looks like the new clickers allow you to drop multiple gears at a time so maybe I will like that better than I use to. I'm going to give the clickers a chance.

Yes the roscoe is a single front cog bike. I've always rode 18 speed set ups with 3 front and 6 rear cogs. It's crazy thay can get 11 speeds all in the back now. I never liked changing front gears, always felt clunky compared to rear gear shifts. As long as it's got a couple climbing gears and a good overdrive and all are well spaced it should be a great set up. I need to spend some time on the bike before I know how much I'll like the set up and new style of things. Unfortunately we are getting more snow today so it might be a while before that happens.

Sorry to hear that the sativa isn't any good. A lot of fun growing from seed but it's got the potential to be disappointing as well. I hope your next ones make up for it. Glad to hear that your indica is doing well. A coffee smelling plant sounds great, and like you said you can always smell that Stoney goodness.

I've got a bit of work to do tonight in the garden and I promise an update and pics by sometime tomorrow. I hope your week is going great too!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this week is wrapping up nicely, friend!
tomorrow is thursday and it looks like its just me and the ol'lady this weekend
that means a kick back day on sat and some hiking on sunday
we are still working on the sea to sea trail and are slowly working our way east
that was the same reason my friend gives about using a grip shifter, being able to dump a whole cassette at once
to me thats just asking to drop a chain so i try to avoid switching too many gears
/i tend to ride in one or two gears in back and then just mess with the front ring for climbing/ speed on the flats
like you said fiddy, as long as you have your granny to climb and somethign yuo can spin up to a decent speed, you will be fine
dude, im getting stoked for you and cant wait to hear how you like the new bikes ride
post up a pic or two if you get the chance,brother, especially when you get her in her natural surroundings
yeah its always a crap shoot growing from seed
/my friend was more bumed than i was about the sativa, but those are the breaks
3 plants turned out to be nice, with one being a contender; not too bad from a hand full (about 10) of seeds
i will try and post up some pics here soon

so how is the move coming along p'fan?
do you guys have everything packed and ready to go?
how long before you have to be out of the old place?
sounds like you held on to two winners,brother
so how does the new place scope out as far as growing goes?
hope you guys are all settled in soon and life gets back to normal,my man!

Fiddynut

we are still working on the sea to sea trail and are slowly working our way east
that was the same reason my friend gives about using a grip shifter, being able to dump a whole cassette at once
to me thats just asking to drop a chain so i try to avoid switching too many gears
/i tend to ride in one or two gears in back and then just mess with the front ring for climbing/ speed on the flats
like you said fiddy, as long as you have your granny to climb and somethign yuo can spin up to a decent speed, you will be fine
dude, im getting stoked for you and cant wait to hear how you like the new bikes ride
post up a pic or two if you get the chance,brother, especially when you get her in her natural surroundings
3 plants turned out to be nice, with one being a contender; not too bad from a hand full (about 10) of seeds

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

The week is flying by for me brother. It should be nice to get to spend a chill weekend with the lady. Hiking sounds good and some chill time on Saturday sounds good. I'm going to be taking it easy this weekend. It's going to be too muddy with all the snow melting to do anything outside. I found a place to ride my bike but it's 400 miles away in Kentucky, it's an underground system of caves and sounds really cool. The weather can't screw up the riding there haha. I will post up some pics of the bikes as soon as I can get them out of the house.

Yes seed plants are a crap shoot but the reward has been good with most genetics for me. I am about to put the red eye Jedi and GSC into flower and can't wait to see how they do. They are clones of seed plants that I didn't grow out so its a first time with them. You are right that 3 good plants is a great ratio from a few seeds. Post up pics when you can...Fiddy.

packerfan79

Veteran

Hey Pop Rocks,
We are signing papers tonight. We are packed and ready to go. We are going to start moving Friday after work. We are doing a walk through Tuesday. I am probably going to scale down the grow. I ran 2x 600 HPS in a 4x4x 8 box befor I built the shed. I am going to make it so I can tear down and roll it out quickly.

It's been a weird couple days. A guy I played football with in high school overdosed Tuesday. The drafter here died yesterday, complications from gallbladder removal. He was about my age.

Hope everyone is having a good a good week, and a great weekend.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings jungle friends.

It's time for a way overdue update and pics. A combination of laziness, busyness, and not keeping my plants very happy have made me slow to do updates lately. It's been a few weeks since I even posted pics of the plants.

So I have 3 red eye jedi and a GSC that will get flipped to 12/12 in a day or two. I potted them up to 12" pots almost 2 weeks ago and they are growing pretty well. They were not very happy in the 6" pots that had been in and I was getting worried about them. I think the last bag of happy frog I opened must be mixed a little diffrent because my plants seemed to not be super happy and I've been feeding them same as the last couple runs. They would get droopy, like they were too dry, even when there was a decent amount of water in the soil. Maybe pH issues or salt buildup or something. Either way they are looking pretty good now (new growth) and ready for flower. Here is a shot of them.

I've got 6 granola funk plants for the run after the red eye Jedi. They are in 6" pots and haven't been very happy either. A couple of them have been loosing lower leaves to what looks like a Ca deficiency, but it's probably more likely that Ca is locked out. As they get bigger they seem to be getting happier and outgrowing whatever was going on. They still get droopy before they should. I had the scope out this morning and it looks like I might have 6 girls out of 6 seeds planted. Here is a couple shots of them.

That last pic showes how much leaf damage and loss that a couple of them have been having. The new growth always looks good. The leaf damage seems to happen as the pots get dry so I have been watering a little early but trying to avoid overwatering. I don't think I've overwatered before and I don't want to start now. I'm a little worried that I'm missing something that I've been doing and blaming it on the soil but I've looked back through my log and nothing else has changed but the plants weren't happy for a while there. Environment is stable as always and while I experiment with feeding a little I have kept it light and balanced I think. As long as they grow out of it and become good plants I guess I shouldn't worry too much. Last thought: if I have 6 granola funk girls I will run 3 of them each in the next two runs after the red eye Jedi.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings jungle friends.

It's time for a way overdue update and pics. A combination of laziness, busyness, and not keeping my plants very happy have made me slow to do updates lately. It's been a few weeks since I even posted pics of the plants.

So I have 3 red eye jedi and a GSC that will get flipped to 12/12 in a day or two. I potted them up to 12" pots almost 2 weeks ago and they are growing pretty well. They were not very happy in the 6" pots that had been in and I was getting worried about them. I think the last bag of happy frog I opened must be mixed a little diffrent because my plants seemed to not be super happy and I've been feeding them same as the last couple runs. They would get droopy, like they were too dry, even when there was a decent amount of water in the soil. Maybe pH issues or salt buildup or something. Either way they are looking pretty good now (new growth) and ready for flower. Here is a shot of them.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1842180&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75754&pictureid=1842181&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I've got 6 granola funk plants for the run after the red eye Jedi. They are in 6" pots and haven't been very happy either. A couple of them have been loosing lower leaves to what looks like a Ca deficiency, but it's probably more likely that Ca is locked out. As they get bigger they seem to be getting happier and outgrowing whatever was going on. They still get droopy before they should. I had the scope out this morning and it looks like I might have 6 girls out of 6 seeds planted. Here is a couple shots of them.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1842182&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76275&pictureid=1842184&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

That last pic showes how much leaf damage and loss that a couple of them have been having. The new growth always looks good. The leaf damage seems to happen as the pots get dry so I have been watering a little early but trying to avoid overwatering. I don't think I've overwatered before and I don't want to start now. I'm a little worried that I'm missing something that I've been doing and blaming it on the soil but I've looked back through my log and nothing else has changed but the plants weren't happy for a while there. Environment is stable as always and while I experiment with feeding a little I have kept it light and balanced I think. As long as they grow out of it and become good plants I guess I shouldn't worry too much. Last thought: if I have 6 granola funk girls I will run 3 of them each in the next two runs after the red eye Jedi.

I was reading that other people were having issues with happy frog. Maybe a good flush would be helpful befor you put them in to flower.

What are you using for nutes?

Fiddynut

Hey Pop Rocks,
We are signing papers tonight. We are packed and ready to go. We are going to start moving Friday after work. We are doing a walk through Tuesday. I am probably going to scale down the grow. I ran 2x 600 HPS in a 4x4x 8 box befor I built the shed. I am going to make it so I can tear down and roll it out quickly.

It's been a weird couple days. A guy I played football with in high school overdosed Tuesday. The drafter here died yesterday, complications from gallbladder removal. He was about my age.

Hope everyone is having a good a good week, and a great weekend.

Glad to hear everything is on track for your move.
Sorry to hear about your school and work mates deaths, sometimes things seem to happen in pairs and threes.

I was reading that other people were having issues with happy frog. Maybe a good flush would be helpful befor you put them in to flower.

What are you using for nutes?

Now that is interisting about others having issues with happy frog. I had been using mostly ocean forest but decided to switch so I could have more controls over the feeding. I figured it would be possable to get a hot bag of OF but less likely with HF. I'm feeding PBP veg/bloom at 1/4-1/2 of recommended dose. Cal/mag plus at just a couple ml per gallon every couple waterings. I did some flushing of the red eye Jedi seed plants that I took the clones from and it didn't seem to do much for me. It seems to be affecting the younger plants more and as they grow they seem better.

I'm quite interisted in what issues others are having with HF, if you can remember what threads people are discussing this in please post up a link. Thanks...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow,pack, that sucks about the guy overdosing
there are some major problems about the way we as a society treat drug users and addicts
sounds like things are rolling along with the new place and i hope you guys get out of the old spot without any problems
that is great that you guys are all ready to move and i hope things get settled in and life returns to normal,my man

the riding spot in KY sounds rad, f'nut
how did you find out about this place?
that would be awesome to ride a bike through caves and i imagine its a lot of downhill
cant wait to see pics of the new ride
the soil looks like of dry in the pics you posted
do the leafs perk up right after being watered?
they look a little droopy
i know you keep good notes and take very good care of your babies
the HF problems are interesting and i would like to learn more
OF is supposed to be way hotter than HF, but there are so many moving parts its hard to tell
if any of you guys find a link please post it up

all right! tomorrow is friday
for whatever reason this week has kicked my ass and im ready to throw back a few drinks and smoke a bunch of fresh herb
its like the may gray/june gloom has hit the coast early and a lot of people i know are in the same funk
luckily, i have a few jars of fresh to explore and a whole weekend to get after it
lets finish off this week strong guys!

packerfan79

Veteran
wow,pack, that sucks about the guy overdosing
there are some major problems about the way we as a society treat drug users and addicts
sounds like things are rolling along with the new place and i hope you guys get out of the old spot without any problems
that is great that you guys are all ready to move and i hope things get settled in and life returns to normal,my man

the riding spot in KY sounds rad, f'nut
how did you find out about this place?
that would be awesome to ride a bike through caves and i imagine its a lot of downhill
cant wait to see pics of the new ride
the soil looks like of dry in the pics you posted
do the leafs perk up right after being watered?
they look a little droopy
i know you keep good notes and take very good care of your babies
the HF problems are interesting and i would like to learn more
OF is supposed to be way hotter than HF, but there are so many moving parts its hard to tell
if any of you guys find a link please post it up

all right! tomorrow is friday
for whatever reason this week has kicked my ass and im ready to throw back a few drinks and smoke a bunch of fresh herb
its like the may gray/june gloom has hit the coast early and a lot of people i know are in the same funk
luckily, i have a few jars of fresh to explore and a whole weekend to get after it
lets finish off this week strong guys!

Hey guys, keys are in hand. Woo hoo. Going to the house now.

I belive the Hf talk was in Uncle fishsticks thread. It was a while ago so you nay have to back track a bit. That thread moves pretty fast.

Hey Fiddynuts, I used botanicare cns 17 for a few years and did very well with it in soil. I used, cns17, hydrogard, their bloom booster, Moab or one love, liquid karma. I never used Pbp though.

Fiddynut

Greetings and happy 4/20 everyone.

I brought a double batch of medicated brownies to work today and they are gone allready. As soon as word got around it seemed like everyone was hitting me up for one. I love me some 4/20 spirit!

@pop_rocks. Yes the riding spot in KY is called mega caverns I think and it sounds really cool. There are lots of trails and I think they said like 320,000 sq ft of riding. A buddy of mine went a couple years ago and said he had a great time. It's nice to know there is always a place to ride, rain or shine, summer or winter.
The soil in the pots looks dry on top but they still have more weight than i feel like they should. Plants perk up nicley when they get watered. It seems like it could be salt buildup messing with the natural ability of the plants to suck up water, but that doesn't make sense because I've not been using much salts for feeding. Maybe salty soil out of the bag? The other working theory I have is that happy frog (at least this bag) is not as good as buffering pH as the ocean forest and that pH is swinging as the soil drys out and locks out Ca and other nutes. I will spend some time searching on this issue because I need to get it figured out or at least maybe go back to ocean forest. I will report on what I find.
I hope your 4/20 is going great and you have a kick ass weekend bud...Fiddy.

@packerfan. Congrats on getting the keys brother and I hope the move goes smooth.
I'll search the fish sticks thread for sure. Your not kidding it moves fast, it's got to be one of the longest threads on icmag.
I hope your having a great 4/20...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys
hope everyone had a great 420

thats so cool of you to bring in treats like that, f'nut
sounds like the brownies were a "big hit" #420joke
so who had a bite too many?
that place sounds rad and i will have to remember it
we have these trails here called tunnels, where you are riding through tunnels created through the bushes by hikers (and mostly illegals)
/if you google something like pq tunnels there are vids and all kinds of stuff
they closed off a lot of the trail network because of wanting to over develop the open spaces around it, but there are a few still open
as long as the pots feel right is a good indication of when to water
im not that familiar with the happy frog to really comment on how it works as a medium
one thing i like to do is throw in some coco coir when i mix up my soils
the coco acts as a buffer, but i dont think wild swings in ph is the problem
have you checked the run off? they also make soil test kits that i imagine are easy to use
if nothing else, watering to run off will give them a good watering and act as a little flush too
hope you are having a great weekend, man!
they mrs is sleeping in, but when she wakes up we are going for a hike
im kind of thinking about frying some chicken this weekend but we will see, its nice outside and i might grill instead
got any plans?
whatever you are up to this weekend, rock it my man!

i bet that was a great feeling packerfan when those keys hit your hand!
hope the new place is even better than the old and you guys have a smooth and easy move
have the boys already chosen out their rooms
hope you had a great 4/20 too, brother
we got pretty toasted last night and have no intentions of stopping tonight

hope everyone is having a great weekend!
whatever happened to our man rode' and the rest of the dirt farmers
and if floridian happens by i hope you had a great 420 too, champ!

Rodehazrd

I'm on Cape San Blas living on a tent guys
Usually no internet but this morn a whole bar
That mega cavern is not a cave it's an underground quarry very high roof
They got a zip line down there too oh and some logistics company's run dump trucks out of there it's truly mega

Fiddynut

Happy Monday tribe.

I hope everyone had a great 4/20 weekend and got really high, I know I did. What a difference a week makes, last week at this time we were digging out a a big April snow storm, this week it's over 60 degrees and the nicest day of the year so far around here. After the crappy spring we've had 60 and sunny feels like a summer day. Now if the sun and wind can just dry out the ground we will be able to get back to outdoor fun like disc golf and mountain biking soon I hope.

@pop_rocks. You are right the brownies were a big hit and a couple peeps had a bite too many. On Friday a guy at work who dosent normally smoke had a piece of a coworkers brownie. After it kicked in he was folowing the guy around like a puppy and was heard saying he wanted it to "end". Poor guy he didn't know what he was getting himself into LOL. My bro had a bit or two too many yesterday and needed a 3-5 hour nap before he could drive home last night.
I will google the pq tunnels they sound pretty cool. I tend to like the natural style trails for biking, but a few man maid features are fun sometimes. I'll be riding somewhere this weekend but not sure where. Even if I have to make the 400 mile drive to the caverns, but I'm hoping I can find some open trails a bit closer.
I will check ppm and pH of runoff next watering. I think I'm going to try a folar and just water them a bit more frequently and see how they like that. The only thing that stands out is that this bag of soil came from the grow shop and the bags I've used in the past have been from the garden center. The soil at the garden center is kept outside and is always very wet in the bag. The soil at the grow shop is kept inside and is very dry. Maybe the soil dosent like sitting around dry in the bag or something.
How was your hike this weekend? Did you grill the chicken or fry it?

@Rodehazrd. I hope the weather is good for your camping trip brother. Enjoy the time away, you deserve it.
I thought you might know something about the mega caverns. I think they are in your neck of the woods so to speak.

Latest posts

Latest posts