What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i would enjoy seeing your post about you making your home made pastrami
if there is one thing i enjoy more than good bud, its good food!
the meat slicers arent cheap so it would have to be a really good deal to make me get one
that is great that the baseball season is about to start
that is a sure sign of spring and i might have to go out and see a couple games this year
how do you think your team will do?
i havent followed baseball in a while so im kind of in the dark as far as who is who
thanks for the comment on the plant
i think i could have let it go another week,maybe but wanted to get it cut while the mrs was here to help trim
i will get some pics of the dry buds and see if i have more pics of it before harvest
the sativa is still looking about the same, maybe a bit fuller but still a long way from harvest

Rodehazrd

Yeah Pop picture day! Lets see what you ended up with. All this Sativa talk makes my trigger finger itchy on my Mexican sats. I have seven Bangi left from ace I popped three last winter and got a very sweet girl. She seemed to need something else for the whole grow but in the end she gave us some nice hard buds. I wonder what she would do if someone with better skills grew it. Bangi needed more micro's for sure and I was afraid of burning her so left her a little pale all the way.I plan to add feather meal to the routine I did on the Bangi a nd up the microblast for the Mex OZ and AG I got from Bodhi. I kept a spread sheet for each strain on what I fed and when. What is your schedule and do you change it much

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@pop_rocks. I'll be glad to post recipe and methodology with pics for the pastrami next time I make one. I've got to get cracking on the porqueta too and I'll document that as well. Also going to start making yogart and I'll share my experience with that. I've been eating yogart for breakfast on this diet and I'm really digging it. You are right the only thing as good as nice buds is great food. I'm really looking forward to this baseball season. The Brewers rebuilt the team with a lot of young and exciting talent the last couple years. Over the off season they picked up a couple of the best outfielders in the game and filed a couple gaps in the bull pen too. They should be fun to watch and very competitive this year, as long as there arnt injurys. They have plenty of room in the payroll to pick up a player or two before the deadline if need be. I'm kind of in the same boat with my last 91xSL. It's gone 2 weeks longer than the first couple and it looks like it could go another week but I'm not inclined to let it. I'm worried about mold and bud rot, plus it's tough to justify burning the light for just one plant. She is coming down in the next couple days. I like a little less couch lock anyway.

@Rodehazrd. That's very organized of you to keep a spread sheet on each strain. I keep a pretty good log on my feeding but it seems like I'm always doing something diffrent every grow anyway. Are you popping tha Mexican OZ and AG after your camping trip? I'm looking forward to seeing how those do for you.

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
I just list the week on the left and and then all my additions on the top I change the headings as sources change and just mark down the dose each week.Lets me keep fair notes without much effort. As my microherd matures I find myself needing less and less bottle nutes. I don't think I will go without any time soon I still like to bump with calcium nitrate 2nd week of flower and Kool bloom the 3rd- week. EJ microblast every week too. I am adding feather meal on the bodhi gear but still plan to use the calcium nitrate in their 4th week of veg and during stretch. I am interested in ferments this summer and have found some good reading on the Korean natural forum. I may be looking for fifty pound bags of brown sugar. They call it Jaggery.
Good luck to the brewers :tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that would be awesome fiddy!
you should host your own cooking show with all your cool recipies
so you like yogurt too?!?
we eat a lot of the "greek" style yogurt as well as the regular yogurt you can get at the stores (you know the kind with the fruit at the bottom)
what kind do you make?
a solid pitching rotation is where it all begins and hopefully these outfielders can swing a bat
like you said, as long as they are competitive, thats all you can ask as a fan
as far as adding a player or two goes, who would be a good pick up?
talk about long season plants,

picture.php

View image in gallery

this girl just wont quit
we will see how long i let her go, but she looks like she isnt even starting to mature

in contrast, the indica we pulled down over the weekend seems to be nice, very nice
/sample buds are super tasty and it looks like the finished bud will have top shelf nose and bad appeal

Rodehazrd

that would be awesome fiddy!
you should host your own cooking show with all your cool recipies
so you like yogurt too?!?
we eat a lot of the "greek" style yogurt as well as the regular yogurt you can get at the stores (you know the kind with the fruit at the bottom)
what kind do you make?
a solid pitching rotation is where it all begins and hopefully these outfielders can swing a bat
like you said, as long as they are competitive, thats all you can ask as a fan
as far as adding a player or two goes, who would be a good pick up?
talk about long season plants,

this girl just wont quit
we will see how long i let her go, but she looks like she isnt even starting to mature

in contrast, the indica we pulled down over the weekend seems to be nice, very nice
/sample buds are super tasty and it looks like the finished bud will have top shelf nose and bad appeal

Nice Poprock she looks like she's starting to fade a little. Whats up with the curled up tips? Sometimes I see mine curl down and tips burn a little on one pheno of the candy kush. I doubled up the micro blast and they got better the next run. Still I see it on the one pheno. She had hollow stem the first run too but I just chopped last night and stem was solid but the leaf tips never were happy. I read boron being low could cause it. Any way she's hanging and I'm looking for something else to worry about. I am doing reveg on her sister that comes in a little later but had no issues.
:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Good afternoon tribe.

@Rodehazrd. I like the way you think brother. Being organized is half the battle. I'd like to learn more about teas and ferments as well. I'm going to be using happy frog this run for flower and I'm sure I'll have some trial and error with nutes and the new soil.

@pop_rocks. Haha a cooking show would be lots of fun buddy. Maybe I could do some YouTube cooking vids sometime or something. I like both the Greek and the regular yogart too. For my diet I've been eating plain whole milk regular because it's got the best protein to carbohydrate ratio. Once I start eating more carbs I'll start incorporating some more fruit into it. I even like savory flavors with yogart. Maybe I could experiment with a spicy curry yogart or something sometime. The Brewers have a lot of young talented starting pitching. A lot of guys that really performed really well last year. Young pitchers can always be a question and most of us fans would have liked to see them pick up a top level veteran starter in the off season but it didn't happen. If the war in it at the deadline I expect them to trade for an ace. They could address any injury issues with a trade mid season too. We will have to see how the do in The first half and go from there. Your sativa is looking good there. I've heard that sativas are light feeders is that true with her? I see another fat leaf back there is that the same as the one you just harvested? That's great that your sample buds are tasty and look like they are going to be top shelf. Great job bud!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks guys!
you are both very observant and i appreciate the comments

/rode
its weird because half the leafs curl up and half are curling down
my take its its a sign of overfeeding and some heat stress, maybe watering problems as well
i put her in my usual mix and its pretty hot
so that explains some of the curl, also she is growing right into a light hood and is probably light stressed
you may notice the stalk at 1oclock has two heads now
i ended up cutting off a part of that top, as well as a couple others that were just running like crazy
not something i like to do but i figured that those ends would become all burnt and messed up anyway

/fiddy
yes, there are a few fat leafs in there
but those arent the droids you are looking for
/they are actually from another strain and i will post up some pics of them here soon
man, i smoked up a bunch of the popcorn buds last night that i quickly dried and it was nice
i am going to let the rest of the trim finish up before sampling more, at least until this weekend
i plan on cutting the tops off their branches this weeeknd and will try and get a pic or two of those
a savory yogurt sounds rad!
we amke our own greek yogurt sauce wiht cucumbers, garlic and lots of spices and it is awesome
a spicy curry would be great!
you could even make different sauces with the different colored curries
we have been eating a lot of green curry lately and its really good
/very thai tasting but not too hot
hopefully some of those young arms will develop and the team continues on the right path
does baseball have a salary cap?
i dont remember it having one and for a while teams were able to just load up on expensive talent to stay competitive
a good veteran is always an asset, but they often command top dollar
unless the team owners have deep pockets and are willing to invest in the team, its hard to land top tallent
plus, some of these players are making more money that ever and its rare that their play is worth the payout
keep us posted on the team, brother
cant wait for the weeeknd
the mrs comes back home plus we have the basketball going, and we are going to a friends this sunday for easter brunch
i cant wait for friday!
its the only thing standing between us and an awesome weeeknd, fellas!

Rodehazrd

@Fiddy I love that homemade yogurt we have a little maker keeps the temp right sure worth the $. If you are trying new protein look at Tofu its fun to make and very useful add to eggs or pasta for a low fat food. you don't have to press it till it gets firm I prefer the little curds just drained. Too much soy isn't good but in the mix with other foods its useful. Fresh is totally different.
I think I need to wait on the mexi sats till after summer I can't keep my temp down very well yet and plan to be in Co.some this summer, the road and gates are in but no living quarters yet. Still holding on to the hope of having a crop there soon but this season looks unlikely and we could be so thrilled with the Bodhi gear I just stay with that. Four of the gogi are doing well all the elfinstones and LBL crosses are looking good. None of them seem to have any issues. I can't get a photo right now something with my crappy phone gets a beat with the HPS and puts bars in my pix. Enjoy the game when the bigs play. I never been to a major league game but travel up to see the AAA river bats some. Slugger stadium is nice and the fried bologna on white bread sticks to the roof of your mouth just like grand daddys did.:smoke:

Fiddynut

Happy Saturday tribe.

@pop_rocks. I'm glad your new buds are smoking well and I agree that it's always an exciting time when you try a new strain that you grew for the first time. For me the suspense about how it's going to taste and how potent it's going to be builds all through flower. I'm going to get to the yogart tomorrow I think and I'll start to work on some savory flavors. Cucumber yogart sauce sounds great is it like the stuff that goes on gyros? Baseball dosent have a salary cap but it has a tax for the teams that spend a lot. Brewers are the smallest market team so they have never had a big payroll. It seems like you can do it right with young players in the game and don't need to spend a lot to win. If you look at the Yankees a few years ago they were spending a shit load more than anyone else and it got them no where. We do have a good owner who will spend if he feels like they have a chance to get to postseason. We also have a good fan base and put over 3,000,000 fans through Miller park each year. The first couple games have been very exciting. Thursday's game was a great pitching and defensive gem. Padres tied the game at 1-1 in the ninth and Brewers one it 2-1 in the 12th. Last night Padres were ahead 6-3 in ninth and Brewers got 5 runs in ninth to win it 8-6. Looking forward to tonight's game. I hope your weekend is off to a great start and I'm looking forward to taking a day off of my diet tomorrow to chow some great food.

@Rodehazrd. I think I remember we had a yogart maker thing when I was a kid. It was like a warming plate with 4 separate jars for the milk. This time I'm going to have to do it in jars in a water bath but it good to know they make them, like we've talked about in the past, any tool that helps make your life easer and better is worth having a look at. I haven't even thought about tofu but thanks for mentioning that I'll do some research on it. I'm glad to hear that things are moving allong in co for you, maybe not as fas as you might like but isn't that always the case. AAA baseball is so much fun the talent is just about the same as the majors and the guys are hungry to make the leap and play hard. And the minor league parks are usually a lot of fun and beer and food is way more reasonable than at the big league parks. Keep eating those fried bologna sammys!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, all this food talk is making a fat man hungry. Not much going on here. Finally got done trimming yesterday. Pressed 2 ounces of hash into rosin for my buddy, he left me with a few grams of some gorgeous rosin. I am going to be running a couple pounds of trim/larf in to hash, so I can get a good amount of rosin made. Befor the move. It's a pain to make small amounts.

Pop Rocks, glad to hear the harvest was good to you.

Fiddynuts, sounds like you are a big brewers fan. We used to go to a few angels games, gotta love a day at the ball field. We haven't been to a game in a couple years. We have taken the kids to the minor league we have locally.its a,lot of fun.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'fan!
glad to hear things are well
so do you ahve to let the rosen cure before smoking or can you light it right up after making it?
will the new place have room for the press?

hope you are having a great weekend fiddy, be sure to enjoy every bite of all the great food, my man!
what are your plans for the savory yogurt?
yes, the cucumber sauce is like the kind they put on gyros
its a great flavor and goes really well with meats or just plain bread or crackers
i like the idea of adding other flavors to the mix, i will have to try that on of these days
what are your favorite seasonings to add in?
thanks for the baseball talk
i know what you mean about small market teams vs the big guys
every now and a teams puts together enough young talent and are competitive, i think the last few years have show that
/it was fun watching teams like the blue jays, KC etc make it in the post season

hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying their easter sunday

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey jungle mates, happy Easter. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday

Pop Rocks, we fire up the rosin whenever. If it's to sappy a few days at room temp it stabilizes some. Most of the hash rosin shatters within a few minutes. It flakes off the paper if it cold. The flower rosin is more sappy. Their is going to be a few nice slabs coming soon.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hope you had a great easter too,brother
thanks for the info, p'fan
im not really up to speed on the dab scene but i have a friend who offers to take my larf/ trim
/unfortunately, the mrs likes her edibles so they usually go to her

Fiddynut

Happy turesday guys.

@packerfan. I made some bubble hash yesterday out of the last couple crops trimmings and larf. It's got a couple more days of drying to do before I know how good it turned out. Good luck on your hash making and rosin too. I'm going to be making some fresh canna butter for brownies on 4/20 for my coworkers. I'd say I'm a bigger fan of baseball than the other stick and ball sports. For sure you can't go wrong with minor league baseball, the guys are hungry and play hard. Plus the beer and hot dogs are more reasonable at the minor league parks.

@pop_rocks. The weekend went well brother. I found the yogart making to be really easy. I remembered that I have a water bath heater that keeps temps and water circulating in a cooler that I converted. It's usually used for suvee cooking but kept the water trig hit at 110 degrees for the 10 hours that I incubated it for. I made it in quart mason jars and they worked out really well. Ill defenatly make more of this in the future. That cucumber sauce sounds great, post up the recipe if you get a chance. Yes it seems like small market teams have a little bit of a disadvantage because of payroll but it forces you to do it right with young players and that more fun to watch. We are use to small market teams with the packers anyway. I hope your weekend was kick ass!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im glad to hear your yogurt turned out good
suvee cooking is all the rage right now
/if i could get one new kitchen gadget it would be one of those
a friend swears by her suvee bacon and it sounds so good
she says you just throw the whole package into the water and you are good to go
we used to drive out to arizona every spring to watch the padres spring training
i agree that the smaller parks are a lot more friendly and fun
plus its so much cheaper like you said
sounds like your 4/20 brownies are fast becoming a tradition, my man!
that is awesome and i hope everyone enjoys the fun!
hope your week is going great and you are doing well
is the injury all healed up?
happy spring brother!

Fiddynut

im glad to hear your yogurt turned out good
suvee cooking is all the rage right now
/if i could get one new kitchen gadget it would be one of those
a friend swears by her suvee bacon and it sounds so good
she says you just throw the whole package into the water and you are good to go
we used to drive out to arizona every spring to watch the padres spring training
i agree that the smaller parks are a lot more friendly and fun
plus its so much cheaper like you said
sounds like your 4/20 brownies are fast becoming a tradition, my man!
that is awesome and i hope everyone enjoys the fun!
hope your week is going great and you are doing well
is the injury all healed up?
happy spring brother!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I've had the suvee water heater and circular for 3 or 4 years now and I've used it a fair bit. I have made steaks and roasts with it and used it to reheat BBQ that was frozen or refrigerated. It is an interisting way to cook. I never thought of suvee bacon but it sounds delicious, I'll try it soon! You can get a water heat controller for about 130$ and I like to use an old cooler that I modified for the water tank. It holds plenty and keeps the temp very even with the insulation and all. Works great for pre cooking sausage before grilling too.

For sure minor league parks are great. The Brewers have a A-ball team about an hour and a half north of Milwaukee. It's great to go up there and see the new talent sometimes. I'd love to get to spring training in arazona sometime. The Brewers won on a walk off home run last night to go to 4-1 on the season.

Your right my brownies are becoming a tradition here at work. I like to do it and my coworkers seem to enjoy them. I'm sure at least one of them will try to eat a whole brownie and get really wasted as usual.

My toe injury is all healed and I've been hitting the cardio for about 30 min a day. I'm mostly riding the stationary bike still. My shoulder is still messed up so no upper body workouts still. I feel good about getting on the mountain bike this summer. Speaking of spring it's been hard to come by and good weather here. We got a couple inches of snow last night and I had to dig the car out of the garage again. It's been in the 30's during the day and down to about 20 at night. Not the spring that I was looking for. Maybe next week spring will get here LOL.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im glad to hear you are back on the exercise bike friend
while i dont really lift heavy anymore i used to love weight training
for now, my goal is to loose some weight and just feel fitter
i am still on track but the scale dosent really tell the whole story
stick with it man, im sure you are converting the fat to muscle and building up your cardio
i bet you are right about someone insisting on eating a whole brownie, there is always at least one in the crowd
i dog that they think of one brownie as a serving, but edibles are strong stuff
/i smoke daily and still show them the respect the deserve until i know what im messing with
we are having a cold snap here too fiddy
its been mild but really overcast, looks like may grey is a little early this year
i cant wait for the weekend
me and the mrs have a little adventure planned and it might rain on saturday
sounds like a great excuse to light up and just kick back!
hope you are having a great week brother! keep shinning!

Fiddynut

im glad to hear you are back on the exercise bike friend
while i dont really lift heavy anymore i used to love weight training
for now, my goal is to loose some weight and just feel fitter
i am still on track but the scale dosent really tell the whole story
stick with it man, im sure you are converting the fat to muscle and building up your cardio
i bet you are right about someone insisting on eating a whole brownie, there is always at least one in the crowd
i dog that they think of one brownie as a serving, but edibles are strong stuff
/i smoke daily and still show them the respect the deserve until i know what im messing with
we are having a cold snap here too fiddy
its been mild but really overcast, looks like may grey is a little early this year
i cant wait for the weekend
me and the mrs have a little adventure planned and it might rain on saturday
sounds like a great excuse to light up and just kick back!
hope you are having a great week brother! keep shinning!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I'm glad to be back on the bike too brother. That week I had to take off was strange I found myself missing the workouts a lot. For someone who never worked out untill this year it's odd that I'd miss them but I did. I do the bike most days and the elliptical the other days. I can go a lot farther faster on the bike than I could when I started and I keep cranking the resistance up. I go 6-7 miles up hill the whole way every day, longer if I have time. Really looking forward to better weather so I can get the real bike out and hit the trails. Your right the scale dosent tell the whole storie. Gaining muscle while loosing weight is not easy and that is where really good nutrition makes all the difference. You have to keep up the protein while cutting carbs and calories. A non meat eater would have a very challenging time of it. Keep up,the good work buddy!

Yes for sure there is always someone who figures that they can eat a whole brownie and ends up passed out. I've been there too but I'm a light weight with edibles. I can puff tough with anyone though.

I hope spring gets here soon. The forcast shows high temps in the 30's and lows as low as mid teens this weekend. It's usually a good bit nicer here this time of year.

I'm looking forward to the weekend as well. I hope you have good weather for your Saturday adventure. If it rains than a lazy day of puffing dosent sound bad either. Keep smiling brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you brother about being a light weight when it comes to edibles
its weird because i am often an all day smoker, i start smoking in the morning and keep toking as the day goes on
the mrs smoke a few small puffs and then settles in, smoking more later while im choo-choo-ing along (blowing clouds of smoke)
but give her a pan of brownies and she eats like crazy
its funny you mention carbs because that is one thing i dont worry about at all
i know a lot of dietitians will talk about glycemic index and limiting carb intake, but to me a kcal is a kcal
/a measure of energy
i do try and eat a lot of low fat protein but i am not afraid of fries of potatoe chips
i am cutting down on sugars, but thats because i think of sweets like i think of salt
/if you are used to a ton of salt or sugar, you ahve to eat a lot of it to get that taste
but in the end, whatever works for you is what works for you
that is a serious effort,brother riding that far up hill
i dont ride that many miles uphill in a week of mountain biking
i bet you crush it when you are on the mountain bike
so im thinking im going to be pulling down some more plants this weeeknd and i will probably also pull the pin on the sativa
the other night i was checking out the plants and this sativa is the worse
her sister is much farther along and gumming up nicely, but the one ive shown pics of has no sugar at all
i mean none,my man
its like a hemp plant and i dont know if i want keep throwing good light on a bad plant
i will try and get some close up pics next chance i get
me and the mrs are going on a little adventure this weekend and i am super excited about this!

one more day to go fellas and its all about the weekend, lets finish the week off strong my friends!