What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey fiddy you thinking about going to the Derby City at Derby time and riding a bike?? Last week was Thunder and it's festivals till First Saturday Hot air balloon marathon parade bedlam (hospital bed races)and some horses.:tiphat: they may not have vacancy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy monday, fiddy!
that sucks about the newb fellow who got a hold of your treats
even for the old heads, if you arent used to smoking the kine bud, the sh!t can be really strong
i know that there is something about edibles that hits me hard and the weed we grow now is way stronger than almost anything you could get back in the day
that is a crazy story and i hope he dident have too bad a trip
im more like your bro, and while i wouldent say ive had bad trips, there have been times where i decide its not going to get any better until after i take a long nap
glad to hear you guys are finally getting around to spring
hopefully this time it will stick and there are nothing but warm days ahead
there are side trails with some nice jumps and good burmed up sections, but most of the good stuff is long gone
/rip flightline and its insane jumps
hope you have a great time riding and start exploring the spots around where you live
one of the places me and the mrs ride when the weather is really bad is around the local lakes and reservoirs
several of them have a paved path or even roads with limited cars
nothing like the the feeling of dirt, but when you just want to turn the peddles it gets it done
i hope you had a great monday, enjoy your week my man

Fiddynut

Happy Tuesday guys.

@Rodehazrd. That is a great point about how crazy things may be down there at this time of year. Thanks for the heads up brother. I think I've found some trails near Madison that are open and word is that the southern kettle trails may open this weekend. I think I'll save the caverns for a winter riding escape when there is no chance of riding local.

@pop_rocks. The noob only had a small dose and he wasn't too messed up, just enough to feel it and know it wasn't for him. I didn't know they were going to give him any but they didn't trick him, he took it knowing it was medicated. Since he dosent like smoking it I didn't think he'd like eating it but I guess it was worth a try for him. I'm like you and my bro too, I have a good time but sometimes it gets intense and I get sort of slow to process things. It's like things go into my brain just fine but they don't come out as fast as normal. I get to feeling kind of lagged or something. That's when I know it's nap time LOL.
The last couple days have been really nice in the 60's. I hope it sticks around too. The snow we got a week ago is all melted and things are drying out quickly. We had been having a dry winter/spring before that so the ground wasn't totally saturated. There are a couple good single track spots open within an hour or so of me and it's looking like more might be opening soon. There are a lot of "bike path" places here most of which are old railroad tracks with the tracks removed and you ride on the crushed gravel. because they are railroad grade there is allmost no elivation change or corners and I get board easily on them. But you are right that getting the peddles turning is what I really need. I hope your week is off to a great start.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hope you are able to get on the new bike soon, fiddy
even a quick spin around the block would be fun, at this point i would want to get familular with how the bike handles and just getting things dialed in
/lever position, seat height and stuff like that
the old rail road trails sound kind of fun, as long as they go through some nice country side
about how far could you ride on once of those old right of ways?
either way a good ride on a new bike cant be beat
/plus its fun to ride a bit then have a toke and finish your ride high
this week is off to a great start and i am looking foreward to finishing off this month strong
i cant believe its almost may!
enjoy the nice weather and i hope you are having a great week too
any plans yet for the weekend?

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a good week. We are getting settled in the house. Counting down to Slayer 16 days to go, I got 5 grams of shrooms stashed for the show. Can't wait, I took Friday and Monday off work. It's going to be epic. My cousin who is going with me has a handicap placard so we get to park right up front, I plan on pregaming hard.

So I have been racking my brain on how to get going with a grow again, I was thinking about getting some new cmh 315s, but they are freaking pricey. I was planning on waiting till fall, until I realized my closet is big enough for a 2x4 tent, and I have that led light. I am formulating a new plan of attack. It may not be a 4k like before but I should be able to pull 8-10 ounces every 10 weeks. I am thinking about doing 4in rockwool cubes 4 per sq ft sea of green style. 32 plants with 5-7 days veg I should get nothing but spears. I may do a 2x4 coco bed. I am going to get my og clone and veg it for a mom soon. I may add a small tent in the garage later during the fall and winter.

Fiddynuts, sounds like you made 420 even better for the guys at work. You are getting serious with the mountain biking. That's awesome, I need to be more active. I rarely get a chance to get out .

Hope everyone gardens are green.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'fan
that is great that you and the fam are all moved into the new house and you all are getting settled
so what are the new neighbors like? what do you think of the new area
the led sounds like a good light for that space
i hear they provide a lot of light with out the heat
were you going to hand water or set up a drip system?
that sounds plush getting to park up front, i hope the show rocks!

packerfan79

Veteran
happening p'fan
that is great that you and the fam are all moved into the new house and you all are getting settled
so what are the new neighbors like? what do you think of the new area
the led sounds like a good light for that space
i hear they provide a lot of light with out the heat
were you going to hand water or set up a drip system?
that sounds plush getting to park up front, i hope the show rocks!

Neighborhood is cool quiet, except for the guy across the street with the pimped out 4x4 golf cart. We pulled in with the first load and he flies past us with a bud light in his hand, music blaring. The street is only 1 block long so no real traffic. I did smell some skunkage when we we re hear Friday. It was 420 so you know how that goes. Everyone wants to be chong for the day.

I will be hand watering. Should be easy to get great quality, with such a small setup.

Fiddynut

Happy hump day guys.

@pop_rocks. I can't wait to get on the bike pop. I see a couple more trails have opened as of today so I'm going to get some seat time in over the weekend for sure! I have Sunday and Monday off of work so I should be able to get my fill of single track. I will have to take some tools with me to adjust stuff like levers. I have my seat pretty close to where I want it and it's got a drop post so I can just hit the lever and drop it a few inches.
The railroad trails are quite extensive around here. Some are over 50 miles long with camping spots so that people can spend multiple days riding them. They are pretty scenic but, like I mentioned, a bit too flat and straight to be much fun for adrenaline junkies like me. For sure a nice smoke at the end is a great reward for a nice ride.
Yes April flew by didn't it. Bring on May and some nice weather please.

@Packerfan. Good to hear you are settling in to your new place brother. Slayer should be a great time, good idea to take a long weekend and make a party of it.
I like your idea about the new grow set up. Do you think that light will be enough for them? How many watts on that thing? Keep us posted I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes, sea of green sounds fun. I'm defenatley looking forward to doing a bunch of mountain biking, getting back in shape has been a lot of work, but I feel so good it's well worth it. If I can do it in my mid 40's anyone can do it.

packerfan79

Veteran
Happy hump day guys.

@pop_rocks. I can't wait to get on the bike pop. I see a couple more trails have opened as of today so I'm going to get some seat time in over the weekend for sure! I have Sunday and Monday off of work so I should be able to get my fill of single track. I will have to take some tools with me to adjust stuff like levers. I have my seat pretty close to where I want it and it's got a drop post so I can just hit the lever and drop it a few inches.
The railroad trails are quite extensive around here. Some are over 50 miles long with camping spots so that people can spend multiple days riding them. They are pretty scenic but, like I mentioned, a bit too flat and straight to be much fun for adrenaline junkies like me. For sure a nice smoke at the end is a great reward for a nice ride.
Yes April flew by didn't it. Bring on May and some nice weather please.

@Packerfan. Good to hear you are settling in to your new place brother. Slayer should be a great time, good idea to take a long weekend and make a party of it.
I like your idea about the new grow set up. Do you think that light will be enough for them? How many watts on that thing? Keep us posted I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes, sea of green sounds fun. I'm defenatley looking forward to doing a bunch of mountain biking, getting back in shape has been a lot of work, but I feel so good it's well worth it. If I can do it in my mid 40's anyone can do it.

Hey Fiddynuts, the led pull 197 watts. I got it from Ichabod Crane a member here. He has a thread here about them.he did a par test , 3 of the lights I have had higher par ratings the a 1000 HPS. Since their is almost no heat from the light, I should be able to do well with it. I guess only time will tell. I will keep you guys updated.I have always wanted to try sea of green, so now I got my chance.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts, the led pull 197 watts. I got it from Ichabod Crane a member here. He has a thread here about them.he did a par test , 3 of the lights I have had higher par ratings the a 1000 HPS. Since their is almost no heat from the light, I should be able to do well with it. I guess only time will tell. I will keep you guys updated.I have always wanted to try sea of green, so now I got my chance.
Good afternoon packerfan.

I've seen a bunch of posts from Crane in aspens thread but haven't read about the lights except for what you posted when you first got the light. If that light is that good I need to think about getting one myself and use it in my 2x4 tent for flower. Keep us posted for sure I'm quite interisted in this.

Rodehazrd

Hey tribe
High winds again on the cape so no kayak for us today
@pf good news hope your neighborhood works out. That LED sounds great I'm taking my 1k Into July this year and I fear the heat. I can stay ten degrees above outside temp at best with everything running full tilt. I will be looking at Ichabods site. Every led I know of they burned the first crop from too much light I feel safer with what I have used but hate going dark for July and August. I plan to put some Goji and Bangi Haze outdoors this season to fill that void. I have 90 gal of mix working now to go down on the ridge.
all this bike talk is putting me In the market any leads on a three wheeler trail bike for geezers

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a nice chill neighborhood p'fan and i hope you and the fam like the new diggs
golf cart guy sounds interesting for sure man
the led sounds sweet! i look forward to hearing what you think about them man

thats cool the trails are starting to open up again in your area ,fiddy
that means spring is just around the corner, brother
hopefully you guys will get a few more clear days and the ground can start to firm up so you can ride
what are the trails closest to you like?
im aure you will want to adjust the position of some things on your first ride just to dial the bike in
you probably only need a couple hex wrenches/ or it might be that star pattern but im sur ou have the tools
i have this multi tool with the standard sizes in both patterns, that i carry in teh trail bag
your bike came with a dropper post? that is rad!
tomorrow is friday and i cant wait for the weekend
hope your week is going well

Fiddynut

Happy Thursday tribe.

@Rodehazrd. Do you pull outside air through your hood on your 1k to cool it? 10 degrees above ambient is pretty good but if it's in a non air conditioned spot I could see that getting pretty hot.
I'm not sure about three wheeled trail bikes but there is a lot of cool stuff out there today.

@pop_rocks. Yes for sure spring is finally here. It's back in the 60's today and feels great!
There are so many more trails now than there were when I use to ride that I'm going to have to scope them out and find new favorites. I use to go to John Muir and Emma Carlin trails which were the best in the 90's and right in Treks back yard. Now there are about 20 places to ride within an hour or so of my house so I'm going to have to explor them and see which is best. There are some really cool trails in the north west part of the state, one of which is rated as an epic, but that is 3-4 hours drive and I'll have to make a weekend trip for that one.
I use to have one of those multi tools for the bike but can't find it in my old bike stuff. I've got all the individual tools for making adjustments but having a compact tool that does everything and is easy to carry is something I need to get. Looks like a trip to the bike store is in order LOL. I didn't even know what a dropper seat was untill I got this bike but it looks like it will be handy.

Rodehazrd

Yeah fiddy I vent the hood. I pull from the filter through the hood and outdoors. Still working on the inlet have In past been leaving door open to a shaded window but bought a electronic filter to fit in the wall just haven't got it in yet. I also have a window AC but got away without using it last year. With my mix and feeds I get away with 95 degrees without damage that I'm aware of. I use silica a few times each run I read that helps drought tolerance and the boatload of calcified lime and gypsum I put on there helps too. I just finished a Tiedjens book and reread Lowenfels on nutrients so I may be on a calcium soapbox telling everyone my lessons. I apologize if I do.
You all need more lime though. And of that I'm sure:tiphat::tiphat:

Fiddynut

Yeah fiddy I vent the hood. I pull from the filter through the hood and outdoors. Still working on the inlet have In past been leaving door open to a shaded window but bought a electronic filter to fit in the wall just haven't got it in yet. I also have a window AC but got away without using it last year. With my mix and feeds I get away with 95 degrees without damage that I'm aware of. I use silica a few times each run I read that helps drought tolerance and the boatload of calcified lime and gypsum I put on there helps too. I just finished a Tiedjens book and reread Lowenfels on nutrients so I may be on a calcium soapbox telling everyone my lessons. I apologize if I do.
You all need more lime though. And of that I'm sure:tiphat::tiphat:
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Window rattler should help a lot but dosent it all add up. Lights, fans, dehuy, ac next thing you know you need a second mortgage to pay your power bill with. Winter is best season but the low humidity is the only down side. I've heard that plants can tolerate a lot of heat but need a lot more air exchange and extra co2 to be happy when it's hot.

I'm really thinking of trying to mineralize my soil so that I can toss the bottle of cal/mag. I remember reading a thread that you recommended that talked about adding lime and gypsum and the line whent something like "if you just used this X amount your grows would be better" but I can't for the life of me find that thread again. What would you recommend for lime and gypsum to get the soil where it needs to be and do you remember which thread that info was in?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow, sounds like there are a lot of trails in your area!
hit them all up brother and find the spots yuo like the best
we havea few routes in the local canyon system we will ride, some are harder or have more climbing, others are shaded (perfect for the summer days when you decide to sleep in)
but every trail has something to offer and i hope you enjoy riding
a nice multi tool is made by crankworks, the 19 tool model is really nice and between that and a leatherman, you can fix just about anything on the bike, or at least good enough so you dont have to walk it out
let me know how you like the dropper, i have always wanted to get one but never pulled the trigger
its nice to be able to set a height for the climbs and another for the downhills
/as it is i usually ride with my seat pretty low to amke the bike easier to flick around

looking forward to learning with you rode'
thats the great thing about the group, we all bring new thoughts and ideas to the table
dont be afraid to share and the soapbox is always open,brother

well tomorrow is friday and im ready to ease into the last few days of april
hope everyone had a great week!

Rodehazrd

Hey fiddy that was a bud runner hi Brix thread he used 6 cups Calcitic lime 5 cups soft rock phosphate and 3 cups gypsum in his mix adding one cup mix to 5 gal
I have adjusted to more gypsum I use 5 cups and I think the sulfur makes the girls stinky and more tasty. And more calcium too can't hurt. I add the full dose with each reuse of media along with some peat and more biota. Aiming for a base saturation of 85% calcium
If you use dolomite use twice as much since it has half the available calcium. Tiedjens suggest a soil test for calcium is the way to see how much lime you need not an acid test. He doesn't say it's a bad test just misused and not a full indication of lime/calcium needs

Fiddynut

Happy Friday guys.

It was a busy morning in the jungle. I decided to transplant the 6 granola funk plants into some new soil. They just never got happy in the 6" pots with straight happy frog soil. I opened a new bag of happy frog and mixed it with ocean forest at 50/50 percent plus about 15% perlite. I put them in 10" pots which hold like 2.5-3 gallons so they have room to grow. They won't be flowered but will be moms for the next two flower runs. Even though the leaves show unhappy plants I was pleasantly suprised to see that the roots all looked great on all of the plants. Hopefully a bit more room to grow into some new soil will get them nice and happy, I need to get cuts in about a month. I'll throw up some pics soon.

@pop_rocks. Yep I'm amazed at how much more riding area here than there was back in the day. There are even some private clubs that have private trails now, and only 25$ a year membership too. I will have to get out and explor to find out how good the new trails are but the YouTube vids people are posting look nice. I'll let you know what I find after I ride on Sunday and Monday. I will get some pics too.
I will check out the crank works tool but it sounds perfect. Great idea to have a leatherman handy too, a needle nose can be indispensable.
I'll report back on the dropper seat too. I think it's going to be nice to drop it for technical downhill sections or when I'm going to be standing anyway. I hope your week is finishing off nicley and your weekend gets off to a great start.

@Rodehazrd. Yes, the budrunner post on high brix is the one for sure. Thanks brother, my memory can suck sometimes. I will figure out how to source the ingredience and mix up a batch of soil and test it on some extra clones next time I take cuts. If they do well I'll try a flower run with it. I hope you are getting nice weather and able to get out on the kayaks today.

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
To try more calcium put a few spoons of lime and gypsum on a plant and water it in now check yer runoff it stays 7 on mine I can't add enough to ever get above 7. Put it on the weak one and see if it doesn't rock out

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i would also add a chunk of coco while you are at it, fiddy
/it thins out the hot OF mix and acts as a buffer holding water and nutrients
but you are mixing with hf so it should cool it down some
that is so cool that there are so many place to ride where you live, it might be worth it too join one of the local clubs too, especially if you can find one close to you that you like
hope you get the bike dialed in this weekend and are ripping things up here soon
cant wait to hear how you like the fat bike ride
have a great weekend, my man!

Latest posts

Latest posts