What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experienced AC Help wanted Help me ASAP!!!!!!!

looks like a goodman upflow box with built in filter..

gonna put one of those in myself real soon ( for the house .. the ROOM is smaller).. please keep me posted on how he installs the duct work.i.e .. smokin joe knows....:)

thanks!!!

No prob... Hope everything goes right.... Joe will let me know if he screws up.:shucks:

OK guys where’re getting this project started to day.... were starting today so i have to make sure theres not dog shit outside where were going to be working. Joe were starting with outside first.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate stepping in dog shit first thing in the morning lol. No matter where you start as long as the end result is the same :D

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Do you think this one is too powerful cuz im planing to stack the air handler and coil in top of each other and put a plemn on top at split it 4 ways?? im lost man i glad for your help

Get a Hvac manual and all the info you might need will be there. stay frosty headband 707:biggrin:

Ok Joe how we looking?? it took a while to drill thru the wall... i got the line thru the wall and brazed all the lines and put the disconnect box up. now i have to put in another box and run electric its 240v line

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good. :good: He's gonna need a trap in the large copper line. If not your compressor will not last long.

nukklehead

Hey DET hows that support box?. Is it pretty strong?.. Want to put one in myself.. Are you going to be just using the intake from the room or are u going to run the fresh air intake somewhere else with duct work? Also how big is your (tonnage) is ur system? Are you running a heating coil also?
Did u have to cut out the bottom of the box for your upflow system? If so what did you use to cut
it out?.. Did they send a template? sorry for all the ?s

Im no HVAC guy but I hacked my own system in. So far yours look
pretty darn nice

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 thing I see for sure that is gonna have to change. You MUST have a trap on the drain line. The coil is in the bottom with the fan pulling across. The drain is also in the bottom with air being pulled through the drain line it will not drain until the unit shuts off. A simple drain trap will solve that problem.
Where is all that duct work going? Seems way over kill to me. 2 or 3 runs to the opposite side of the room would have been all that was needed.

Hey DET hows that support box?. Is it pretty strong?.. Want to put one in myself.. Are you going to be just using the intake from the room or are u going to run the fresh air intake somewhere else with duct work? Also how big is your (tonnage) is ur system? Are you running a heating coil also?
Did u have to cut out the bottom of the box for your upflow system? If so what did you use to cut
it out?.. Did they send a template? sorry for all the ?s

Im no HVAC guy but I hacked my own system in. So far yours look
pretty darn nice

Thanks nukkle.... the box its sitting on is a filter rack with some kind of fancy hepa filter.... sorry im no hvac guy either.... this room is a closed room i ran a Y off my hot water heater and it pumps co2 in my room. this ac i didn't put the heating coil in but it came with the unit. To cut it we used aliens... like they used to build the pyramids.... no we used electric shears their like big automatic scissors..... Joe has ben giving me a hand with any ?? i have.....

So if you have any ?? i will help you as much as i can with joes help

1 thing I see for sure that is gonna have to change. You MUST have a trap on the drain line. The coil is in the bottom with the fan pulling across. The drain is also in the bottom with air being pulled through the drain line it will not drain until the unit shuts off. A simple drain trap will solve that problem.
Where is all that duct work going? Seems way over kill to me. 2 or 3 runs to the opposite side of the room would have been all that was needed.

Im going to look into a trap... Not sure what they are?? the drain line was tubing at but i changed it to PVC....... as far as the ducting he wanted to leave me enough runs to put all around the room but if its not nessery i might take them off and cap it but one line is going to the veg room:biggrin:

nukklehead

didnt notice the trap.. you can buy one pre made but if you buy
4 - 45 degree pvc elbows you can make one of your own.

Just look at whats below your sink.... thats "S" or "J" looking piping is your trap. you need to have one of those directly outside the unit on
the pvc drain pipe.

did the support box come with a template to cut out the opening
of the bottom of the air handler? How strong is that box?

It looks pretty good but the air handler is heavy ( ?? 100 lbs??)
and I was always leary about buying the box but it looks like

it supports the unit ok.

Are you going to bring in fresh air to the air filter or just
bring existing room air in?

Last edited:

nukklehead

BTW was looking at your outdoor condenser.. looks like the freon lines are run but the electrical isnt hooked up yet. ..

Im sure your dude knows what hes doing but make sure he hooks
up and outdoor disconnect box for the electricity on the outdoor unit.

Joe im sure knows that is code in most locales... it allows you to disconnect the outdoor units electricity in case of emergency.. (fire etc.) Im sure he will do you ok but Ive seen a few old units and a few new ones that were installed/hacked in and without an outdoor
disconnect that is a no.. no..

Keep us up to date you your progressll

looks good bro!!

Nuk

Latest posts

Latest posts