ECSDxSSSDH test

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Alright here are some pics...

First the Perlite Bed as requested by budelight

picture.php

View image in gallery

Note, I do not leave it on top of my light fixture this is what killed the clones in the rapid rooters... here is a pic of them..

such a sad site to see... Hopefully a few will bounce back after the watering... idk... if they don't perk up in the next couple days they will be composted...

And here is a pic of the right side of my veg chamber... you can see the ECSDxSSSDH seed plants right up front... and the perlite bed in the background...

picture.php

View image in gallery

EDIT: The plant all the way on the right is NOT ECSDxSSSDH

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Thanks for the pic, same idea as here - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847 - crept these holes can be labeled for better tracking.

I think with the water you gave them, a light spray to speed it up, and loving words, some if not most of those clones will spring back. When plants dry out their cell walls become deflated and that's what causes them to weep over.

May or may not help but you can stick a toothpick in each rapid rooter, and lean the cuts up against it to prop them up. (Bend over the top of the toothpick for a "platform" to lean against)

Keep me posted,
BeL

W

Womble

definitely needed a lid on that prop, and as you stated none of the heat underneath....all a big learning experience sour, that's what it's all about.
Just a quickie though, the holes in the riots seem to be a bit on the large side, did you reconstruct their design somewhat? I just pop a kebab skewer into the pre-made hole for a little more depth when using them for clones :2cents:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Thanks for the pic, same idea as here - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847 - crept these holes can be labeled for better tracking.

I think with the water you gave them, a light spray to speed it up, and loving words, some if not most of those clones will spring back. When plants dry out their cell walls become deflated and that's what causes them to weep over.

May or may not help but you can stick a toothpick in each rapid rooter, and lean the cuts up against it to prop them up. (Bend over the top of the toothpick for a "platform" to lean against)

Keep me posted,
BeL

not quite the same... that one is reccomended for vermiculite not perlite and is a more individual cloner where mine is literally a "bed" of perlite with hydroton on the bottom and the clones share all of it...

I have actually done the walmart cloner... it works pretty well for me... just started getting dirty and low on vermiculite so I decided to try some new things... I have like a whole cubic foot of straight up dusty perlite that I don't know what to do with... so the perlite cloning seemed perfect...

as far as the rapid rooters, member trichster hooked me up and reccomended me to put them in cups with bags on top. I think this will work great...

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
No reason you couldn't just use perlite instead of vermiculite, right?

A bag on top will work great but make sure there are either holes in the bag, you don't elastic band them closed all the way, or you open them up to breath frequently. Remember these need fresh air just like us. :joint:

Your doing a really great job and I can tell your heart is in the right place.
BeL

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
definitely needed a lid on that prop, and as you stated none of the heat underneath....all a big learning experience sour, that's what it's all about.
Just a quickie though, the holes in the riots seem to be a bit on the large side, did you reconstruct their design somewhat? I just pop a kebab skewer into the pre-made hole for a little more depth when using them for clones :2cents:

hey man you snuck in there while I was posting yesterday...

yeah lid would have helped... I did not expand the holes or anything, this is how they were when I recieved them but I did like you said and poked in the hole for added depth for my longer stemmed clones... thanks man

No reason you couldn't just use perlite instead of vermiculite, right?

A bag on top will work great but make sure there are either holes in the bag, you don't elastic band them closed all the way, or you open them up to breath frequently. Remember these need fresh air just like us. :joint:

Your doing a really great job and I can tell your heart is in the right place.
BeL

I mean you could use perlite but the OP of the thread said it did multiple tests with pure vermiculite, pure perlite, and different mixtures of the two and vermiculite proved to be superior...

thanks man, trichster said to just open the bag once a day and then after a few days poke holes in the bags and make the holes slightly bigger each day... I know they need air.. haha

Those cuts should bounce back.

thanks bro I hope so.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
ok great news. the rapid rooter clones are standing upright again... I have two of the same pheno in each clear cup with a baggie on top... some have rubber bands around them, others don't... want to see what works best...

Even better news, the Perlite clones were good to go! Well, for the most part...

Both Pheno 2 clones were ROOTED, could see the roots sprawling out on the bottom of the bed...

Pheno 1 was not as vigorous... the 1 clone still had a bare stem...
the other clone had 2 little root hair poking out... I decided to just throw it in some soil mix and see what happens...

I have 6 more clones of each pheno in the Rapid Rooters so I should be able to manage to get atleast one healthy clone of each pheno to flower out...

Sorry for no pics... :(

B

BasementGrower

some may bounce back.. but still lots of stress.. iuno that's the type of scene id take the clones out of the rooters.. and just cut new ones and put them right in..

I feel a stressfree life will help in all around plant performance

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I will get some pics up of them after their recovery... they are looking much better... I agree with you tho... stress free is obviously the best... I don't have the option to take more clones right now though... thanks for stopping by!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
So all the rapid rooters clones definitely recovered... some are already shooting roots out of the rapid rooters...

The perlite clones are in solo cups of soil and the Pheno "2" clones are looking great! I think one of these will be transplanted and flipped VERY soon! Pheno "1" needs some more time to stretch it's legs out... Pheno 1 does not seem to be as vigorous as "2" but it's all about the buds, so we will see...

A

Alone

I knew they would bounce back. They didnt look that bad and wilted. That plant at the far right thats not ECSD x SSSDH was a cut off a flowering plant. I hate they way those kinda plants look going back into veg mode.
I always take the cuts before the flip. If I have bottom branches that need trimming after they have been flipped, I cut them off and toss em in the woods for the rabbits to eat.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
The first clone to root, "2" in the perlite bed, has been transplanted from a beer cup to it's final home in a square pot... 1 week of veg to stretch her feet out and then she is getting flipped! Pheno "1" should be right behind...

the rapid rooters are doing great! roots all over!

I think it is time to compost the seed plants... they don't have much purpose anymore, just taking up space...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
The plan from the start was to flower the clones...

Due to the expected stretch and height limitations...

If I have multiple clones of each pheno, I have no need for the seed plants...

Plus they got raped and pillaged from all the cloning... I'll post up a pic of them in a few days... they are going to take a while before they recover and would be ready to flip... trust me bro, they are BARE!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
here are some pics of the "2" clone after it was just transplanted. I will upload a current pic of what it looks like tomorrow morning... it looks much better after a few days!

Should be getting flipped in a week, two max...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what it's worth - the OJD SSSDH cut is some of the very best cannabis I've ever smoked...no doubt worth of every bit of praise it has been given.

Being a indica guru for medical reasons, I don't smoke many sativas. The OJD cut gave me one of the most intense attacks of paranoia/heart racing/ FEAR - that I have encountered. It's been YEARS since I felt such a panic attack brought on by herb. When you are LITERALLY a tad bit afraid of the next session and only take a couple light puffs and then wait and see...lol...

For that alone - :respect: OJD - great find!

Now, on to the main point of the post - the OJD cut stretches like...well, a sativa. 4x minimal. When I flowered her out, she started at 9-10" tall and finished around 52"...

Be sure to give these room to grow as ECSD likes to stretch as well...can't wait to see this form flowers!!! Keep up the good show, SourSmoker...

dank.Frank

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by dank.frank! I am excited to see these form flowers as well!

Anyway, thanks for looking out and giving me the tip on the stretch, I anticipated the stretch since it's a haze but 4x! Damn! The plan was to flower from clone anyway to deal with the stretch, I have a clone of the "2" pheno in a 4" pot, I was going to let it stretch its legs a bit but hearing that your 10" plant ended up and 52" makes me think I need to throw this girl in RIGHT NOW! Thanks D.F. I will be putting her into bloom tonight and taking some pics... pheno 1 is not as vigorous but it rooted just fine... they will be going into flower a week or two behind pheno 2...

A

Alone

My SSSDH didnt stretch 4x, but it does get big. I snapp the necks on the girls 1 week into the stretch to tame it abit and strengthen the stalks. Also top it a bunch of times to bush it out. It will love you for it.