What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSDxSSSDH test

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hi Soursmoker,
I wanted to have a look at your thread and what you do with those great genetics.
That should be a nice grow with a good yield for you and I will follow it, of course.
I wish you lots of luck and a happy harvest....:good:

hey bro thanks for stopping by!

I dug up the two no shows and well they were no shows... not sure what happened but they just weren't feeling it...

So we got 4 out of 6. I am sure there was some user error somewhere in the process...

I will veg these girls out til 3rd or 4th node then they will be topped... then once they recover and start growing again they will be cloned... The seeds plants will stay in veg and the clones will be flowered out.

The reason I am flowering the clones is because I don't have much headroom and with the haze genes in these I don't want to risk it... but If I flip the clones while they are still under 6" tall I should be fine and end up with a giant cola of nug on a stem! Let's hope that is how it goes...

Here is a group shot of the 4...

picture.php

View image in gallery

JOJO420

Veteran
Ok, not only is your soil too hot it looks like you are drying them out too much. See how dark green and stunted your sprouts are?
When a plant is in hot soil and gets under watered they take on a dark tank army green coloring. This is grower error.
Plus your cups are only half full?? why? that gives the sprout less than 3" to grow..
How da hell do you have all this reputation when you make noob mistakes consistently like this is beyond me, jus sayin.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
the hot soil I will not argue... but I really don't think they are drying out too much... I give them a spray on the top of the soil everytime I notice that it has lost moisture from the top of the soil...

it's only ever the first 3/4" that dry out... underneath is perfectly moist soil... If I actually watered them they will be over watered...

thanks for the advice though... and sorry people +rep me? I never claimed to be an expert, I just happen to have some rep?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey soursmoker

shame about the other 2
but 4 is plenty to find a winner from these

nice pics

keep the pics and info coming

peace

JOJO420

Veteran
Are you floating the clear cup in water in the red cup? Why do you have one cup inside the other?
I mean no disrespect I just cannot for the life of me figure out what exactly you are doing by your pics or your words.
Tell me please what you are doing and why? and maybe we can help you do better.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
no I am not floating them in water... they are in the red cups to block light from the soil so the roots can grow... roots don't like light... atleast everyone seems to agree on it anyway...

you will probably ask why I didn't just plant them in the red cups. 2 reasons...

1 they already have drainage holes... I like to start seedlings/clones in cups with no drainage holes

2 i didn't have much seedling mix and I had to start these and other testers right away so I just cut my regular soil with peat moss and compost...

i know that was a mistake but I wanted to start these right away and I can't get good seedling mix locally, I would have to order offline and that would have took way too long so I made the decision to do what I did. I know I should have already had seedling mix but I am sorry. I hope OJD is not mad at me...

atleast I got some seeds above soil, unlike some of the other testers.

I feel that if these beans should be able to handle the hot soil and adjust then that just proves they are good healthy beans if they can withstand these conditions... after all these are test grows... to TEST them. if we all grew in perfect conditions it wouldn't really be a test anymore. that is why breeders send out testers because they know they can grow the beans to perfection but the question is can their customers...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Would it be better to transplant into a lighter soil mix? I feel like they are too young and will be damaged in trying to transplant. but I don't want to stunt them from being in hot soil...

I am sorry once again OJD. my apologies. I should have already had seedling mix.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just keep giving them plain water they will be fine

no need for apologies

peace

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sounds good bro! thanks again for letting me test these! I know I am gonna find some SOUR FUNK in these!

W

Womble

hey soursmoker I had to transplant a couple of mine up to 3L airpots, some HUGE seedling stretch (can't stand looking at stretchy seedlings in their early days...) made this somewhat early transition happen and they seem to be fine, so long as you show some tender love along the way....repot them if it's on your mind, it's your show.. you know what's up

peace

G

growingcrazy

I have found tons of pictures of the SSSDH side of this cross but can barely find anything for the ECSD.

Anybody have anything to show?

Great job soursmoker!

Just hangin' out waiting for the fun to start.

GC

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I believe it is Chaco's cut... I was always under the impression that there was 1 ECSD but as we know when it comes to cut's and ELITES we never REALLY know the truth.... all I care about is finding a nice SOUR dom plant with some nice yields...

215 User

Good luck on your grow!

Nothing like Sour Diesel dominant meds...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Good luck on your grow!

Nothing like Sour Diesel dominant meds...

thanks for stopping by man...

I have a little update here of the 4 seedlings...

seems like we got 2 vigorous ones, a slower one, and a mutant/runt...

They will all be given equal chance and opportunity...

Not sure how long it's going to take to get these big enough to take clones from... I am hoping it will only take another month or so until I can start flowering the clones...

T

trichster

You need to upgrade the 2 bigger ones, they need room to grow. What light and how far away you got them ?

W

Womble

gotta agree trichster, there's barely any growth from your previous pics soursmoker

pot up like i said before, throw some more light at them or don't..... those are your 2 options from the Womble

in peace of course :biggrin:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
the roots have not even stretched to the bottoms of the cups... I don't think the need more room yet... I think they need to develop a better root system first...

i have 110w PLL on them... Idk how far away... maybe 6-8" I will move them closer...

I will pot up when I think they have a strong enough root system where the won't be damaged in transplant process..

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I feel sorry posting this picture but it's gotta be documented...

I am Very sorry OJD, seems the two couldn't adjust to my hot soil... the other two look like they could pull through but it's too hard to tell. Should I repot now or let them expand their roots some more OJD? I am very sorry once again. Hope they pull through and I can make it up to you... I'm an ass for having no seedling mix when I applied for testers... I'll make it up to you somehow...